Sign in to follow this  
pete

Oh no not Howson

Rumours Howson to start, we will not win now, draw unlikely.  Howson done nothing all season send him back to Leeds.

howson is technically the far superior fopotballer - I agree

but as a pair bj and howson has once again proven to be completely ineffective for ncfc - just has it all season.

and which of the two has been more effective for city this season? BJ has more assists so which is the best creatively? And howson has been tried in the middle of 442 at the based of 4231/4411 and in the 3 of the 4231 without having a positive effect on any game other than man city, when they were a player down and he had some time.

bj ahead of howson on the team sheet for me everytime.

[quote user="pete"]Rumours Howson to start, we will not win now, draw unlikely.  Howson done nothing all season send him back to Leeds.[/quote]
Are you going to admit you were wrong now?
Davo

Unbelievable that some dumb@ss fans have moved on to Howson this season as the scapegoat. Like Hoolahan, he needs to be used properly and needs confidence, also like Hoolahan. If some of our clueless idiot fans supported him it might help too, but he is good enough in hus own right.

He has already shown he can play alongside Howson v Swansea and Spurs away, our best two away performances of the season.

Some of you lot make me despair sometimes.

[quote user="pete"]Rumours Howson to start, we will not win now, draw unlikely.  Howson done nothing all season send him back to Leeds.[/quote]...i think an apology to Howson is now in order, and to us as well for having to endure your negativity.

WHAT GAME WERE YOU LOT WATCHING?I thought he was very poor. Looked completely out of his depth, didnt know what to do when Fellani had the ball where as Turner and johnson did. He need to be tighter and stronger and willing to put a foot in.Interesting to see what the reaction would have been if we lost.I thought Grant holt was appalling aswell btw. Seb and Turner + Snoddy were superb.

Lay off him, Howson had his best game in a long while.He looked very sharp on and off the ball and put in a very good shift. I have said that hes looked poor this season but today he had a cracker.

[quote user="cityislife"]WHAT GAME WERE YOU LOT WATCHING?I thought he was very poor. Looked completely out of his depth, didnt know what to do when Fellani had the ball where as Turner and johnson did. He need to be tighter and stronger and willing to put a foot in.Interesting to see what the reaction would have been if we lost.I thought Grant holt was appalling aswell btw. Seb and Turner + Snoddy were superb.[/quote]Don''t suppose you can see movement off the ball on the radio......

No problems for me with Howson today - thought he made a positive contribution & fitted in well. Played much better than Tettey has of late.

[quote user="cityislife"]Nope. Used my eyes in the upper tier my friend.Oh and great reply mate. Really shows your opinion and intellect. [/quote]Well the fact you said Holt and Howson were terrible was also a good indication of yours !Next time get a telescope so you can see better from that upper tier, practically in space mate. Not sure you could distinguish which dot was which.Hint : We were in Yellow today mate !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="cityislife"]Nope. Used my eyes in the upper tier my friend.Oh and great reply mate. Really shows your opinion and intellect. [/quote]Well the fact you said Holt and Howson were terrible was also a good indication of yours !Next time get a telescope so you can see better from that upper tier, practically in space mate. Not sure you could distinguish which dot was which.Hint : We were in Yellow today mate ![/quote]Brilliant. Child.Hard to say weather Tettey would have been better today. Think we need some real quality in there in the summer.For me Howson just seemed to light-weight.  I thought Seb bailed jonny out too many times.

Taking into account his match time to date Howson clearly put in a good shift along with rest of the team. Tettey of late has run very hot and cold possibly due to carrying a knock.  As for Holt, up against one of the very best CB pairings in the league, again a good shift, worked his nuts off..... and notched the winner..... 

Jesus Christ, some of you lot are unbelievable.

Given the amount of football he''s played this season I thought he did great. Alright he gave the ball away a couple of times and he struggled physically against Fellani, but that''s understandable. Thought his positional play was excellent, he got forward well, tracked back and was always available and looking for the ball.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Jesus Christ, some of you lot are unbelievable.

Given the amount of football he''s played this season I thought he did great. Alright he gave the ball away a couple of times and he struggled physically against Fellani, but that''s understandable. Thought his positional play was excellent, he got forward well, tracked back and was always available and looking for the ball.[/quote]

Agreed. Was a blessing in disguise that tettey was injured as playing a 4-4-2 needs a proper creative midfielder alongside a battering ram (at which Johnson was great at today). Was a perfect performance but for someone that has played rarely he came in and did a very solid job. I was particularly impressed the number of times he was covering defensively.

Has earnt a starting place at old Trafford

He did fine today. Read the game very well 2nd half.

It''s no wonder he struggled against fellaini. He''s a beast and was brilliant himself today. It took intervention from the CBs to get some kind of control of him 2nd half.

A decent return to the starting line up for young jonny, IMO.

He looked a litlle rusty at times, which is to be expected given his lack of first team football. Apart from that he did really well. His passing was pretty good (54 passes, 74% success rate), which is good considering he was being asked to play more ambitious, vertical passes when compared to Johnson. He only really burst forward in the first half and tended to sit deeper in the second, which was understandable if a little disappointing. He was particularly good at making last-ditch tackles late in the game when we were light at the back. 
I know a previous poster was complaining about him not tackling Fellaini, but I think it was more tactical on his part. Howson seemed to have been told to pressure Fellaini and not allow him space to turn into, this was pretty effective. Fellaini played really deep in the first half, trying  to find some space to operate away from Howson, and in the second they by-passed Howson completely, instead playing long-passes up to Fellaini which Turner was happy to deal with.
Would I play him at Old Trafford? Hard to say. He certainly performed well today, well enough to deserve a start in the next game, but I feel that against Man Utd. it may be more prudent to play two holders rather than Howson. A harsh, but necessary, decision.