Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Match thread v Saints.

Bunn; R Martin, Bassong, Turner, Garrido; Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass, Pilkington; Kamara, Holt.

unlike you Lincoln, i am very happy with that. Wes does not, in any way, fit into a 4-4-2 line-up, and we have to go with that formation for our winable home matches. though i thought Bechs would be alongside Grant. Kei must have been impressing in training.[H]

Norwich: Bunn, Martin, Bassong, Turner, Garrido, Snodgrass, Johnson, Howson, Pilkington, Kamara, Holt. Subs: Camp, Whittaker, Hoolahan, Fox, Elliott Bennett, Becchio, Ryan Bennett.

Southampton: Boruc, Yoshida, Fonte, Hooiveld, Shaw, Fox, Schneiderlin, Rodriguez, Ramirez, Lallana, Lambert. Subs: Kelvin Davis, Clyne, Forren, Ward-Prowse, Do Prado, Chaplow, Puncheon.

Referee: Mark Clattenburg (Tyne & Wear)

[quote user="star_manic"]unlike you Lincoln, i am very happy with that. Wes does not, in any way, fit into a 4-4-2 line-up, and we have to go with that formation for our winable home matches. though i thought Bechs would be alongside Grant. Kei must have been impressing in training.[H][/quote]

For winnable games? Like on our 11 match unbeaten run when Wes and Whitaker were in the team playing 4-5-1.

yes. during that run we only had Holt worthy of a starting place as a forward, now we have options and it''s good to see a change in outlook. don''t forget that unbeaten run was followed by a winless run with basically the same team.

[quote user="star_manic"]yes. during that run we only had Holt worthy of a starting place as a forward, now we have options and it''s good to see a change in outlook. don''t forget that unbeaten run was followed by a winless run with basically the same team.[/quote]

Agreed but I''d like to have seen Whitaker brought back as our run started with him in te team then ended when he was injured.

[quote user="star_manic"]yes. during that run we only had Holt worthy of a starting place as a forward, now we have options and it''s good to see a change in outlook. don''t forget that unbeaten run was followed by a winless run with basically the same team.[/quote]

Personally I think the winless run happened when key players like Bassong, Tettey, Holt and Ruddy were at one point or another injured

[quote user="Wiz"]I hope to God I''m wrong here, but I fear KK will be out of his depth.[/quote] wiz, howson has all year and we are ok.

Gary Birtles just said "with Weather like this i bet Kamara wishes he was back in America"...the commentator then replied "or in Sierra Leone.."Really???!!!

so far we look good going forwardfs but there are times we need to be more direct.Snodgrass looks like he is going to have a bit of a mare!

we do look shocking - cant recall many worse passing performances to be fair - we cant string anything together here.

missing wes

Hooligan is on...not sure what formation we will go now.. i''d actually go 4-2-3-1 with Kamara on the left now...