Sign in to follow this  
NCFC TIll I die

Southampton predictions

Come the big game on Saturday what''s everyone going for I''m gonna say

Norwich 2 - 1 Southampton.

Snodgrass/holt. Lambert

We haven''t won by more then 1 goal in the league all season don''t think that''ll change this weekend that''s my prediction what everyone else think?

Premier League ‏@premierleague

Mark Clattenburg has been appointed referee for Norwich v Southampton on 9/03/13. #NORSOU

I''m not quite as confident now...

[quote user="Olly"]Premier League ‏@premierleague

Mark Clattenburg has been appointed referee for Norwich v Southampton on 9/03/13. #NORSOU

I''m not quite as confident now...[/quote] so he has reffed both our clashes with Saints, last time his first match back from layoff.

Can we please hammer someone 3 or 4-0 purleease? This lot will do.

If someone can guarantee that we would do it against Villa, I am happy to wait.

2-2 draw. Which will be a good result. Any point is valuable now. We don''t need to get our knickers in a twist at not winning - slow and steady points accumulation is enough.

2-0 if kamara starts with holt. . Hughton said somewhere he''s close. We will win our first 2+ gd game of the season and bunnwill have one hell of a game.

If we draw irs not the end of the world. We can''t lose tho.

I just want us to win to shut the soton fans up. The ones I know think they''re way too good to go down and that this game will be a walk in the park for them

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Can we please hammer someone 3 or 4-0 purleease? This lot will do. If someone can guarantee that we would do it against Villa, I am happy to wait.[/quote]

I agree though I''d settle for Reading.  We still owe them big time for their cheating ways in our Champ season.  Ian Harte especially.  And I''d love to give the whinging Heston something else to whine about.

I can see them scoring 2, they are a very dangerous attacking force particularly if given some space in the middle on the break. Lambert is always a handful and Bassong/Turner will have their work cut out. Lallana is tricky and he and Puncheon get forward a lot. I worry about our ability to get the goals to match them, I am not a fan of Wesley in a 4-5-1 and I can''t see us suddenly becoming something we have not been all season and battering them. If Snods and Pilkington tuck in more rather than stay far out wide so enabling a narrower 4-4-2 with Holt and Becchio starting we''ve got a better chance. I think it''ll be 2-2 but not at all easy.

Pardew said after their game against Southampton last week that they were the best team Newcastle had played at home all season. Clearly they''re not always that good or they wouldn''t be where they are in the league but they''ve scored more goals than any other team in the bottom half of the table (although they also concede quite a few) and can be very dangerous going forward with the likes of Lambert and Lallana. I''d happily settle for a point from this game.

Didn''t Lallana go off injured for them at the weekend?

Sure he picked up a knock and went off. If he is out that''s a major boost to us

Time to bounce this one. Yes the Soton boys sound pretty confident.

Was it the league 1 game which we lost 2-0 that Russell got the harsh sending off? With Mr C refereeing I hope a similar event does not recur? Going for history repeating itself...

Southampton need it more than us. After the result against qpr and reading playing villa this is a real chance for them. If they lose they will bogged down amongst it.

It is very clear for us, they will be up for it and charged up, we need no motivation it should be obvious what we can achieve and have at just gone 5pm we can move to 35 points.

442 with becchio starting and I think he will score. If we do not act professionally we will lose this game. But I do think we can win 2-1 but if we turn out an unprofessional performance we may escape with a draw or lose. A draw is not a bad result, but again lets stive to go be better than that. I do not think there is a great deal between the players so it is a time for our players to step up who haven''t done that a great deal this season.

2-1 I think we have the defensive strengths to get through this and I do think we will create opportunities that a striker of becchio''s ability will finish.