Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Without Bassong we would be in relegation zone.

Our performance today was very poor...there are very few positives to take from the game except the clean sheet. In my opinion bassong is our best signing of the season and without him we would be in deep trouble. He brings leadership, composure and calmness to the back four.

My player of the season by far. I think we will stay up but the game was about as good as the weather...dreadful.

And don''t underestimate the importance of Turner as well.

I hope all those people complaining about him earlier in the season will be just as quick to acknowledge his contribution of late.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]And don''t underestimate the importance of Turner as well.

I hope all those people complaining about him earlier in the season will be just as quick to acknowledge his contribution of late.[/quote]how much of that is to do with Bassong?got a little anecdote for you...When i did my FA level 2 coaching badge 2 years ago one of the tutors on the course worked for Chelsea when Mourinho was there...Mourinho always said that John Terry is the worst defender at Chelsea... this surprised a few.. however look at Chelsea when Carvalho partnered Terry.. RC would tell JT where to run, when to pass, when to head, when to track a runner.. basically talk him through every game.when Carvalho departed take a look at chelsea''s league form.. Terry and Ferdinand for England should give a massive clue as to how important the organisational support is to Terry.now that Chelsea have a similar "organiser" at the back it is allowing Terry to perfrom at his best yet again...I see Bassong as our "carvalho" and Turner as our "Terry"

Have to agree Bassong and Turner did a decent job today - but can anyone explain why the Norwich players have lead in their boots...? Almost every pass or cross is over hit ..and why have we turned into a long ball team?

Hoof football means you generally lose the ball and have to defend which is why Bassong and Turner end up working so hard..I thought Stoke were one of the worst teams to watch but I think we are pushing them for that spot ..

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]And don''t underestimate the importance of Turner as well. I hope all those people complaining about him earlier in the season will be just as quick to acknowledge his contribution of late.[/quote]

how much of that is to do with Bassong?

[/quote]

Well Turner is a bloody good defender in his own right but together they are a good partnership.

Turner has been a good defender at other clubs without having Bassong alongside him.

The notion that Turner can''t do it unless Bassong is alongside him is, frankly, nonsense.