Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Have we actually outplayed anyone this season?

The answer is no. We do not have the players to attack and dominate teams. Every game this season (bar Swansea away) we seem to be set up to break up and destroy other teams rather than be expressive and try to play expansive football. The reason for this is that we are not good enough to go and actually try to beat teams. BJ and Howson and inferior to every central midfielder they come up against and always play with the ethos that i''m going to stop you rather than be better than you.

Its not good enough. We need a more creative core. It''s getting embarrassing. We were so lucky to win against Everton and I really can''t see us winning again this season. And will we draw enough to saty up? I''m not sure.

I honestly think the main problem is the Howson & BJ partnership. Neither are good enough to "beat" the oppostion. And they never give quality service to the wingers or forwards.

Another issue is Russ Martin at right back. Offers nothing going forward, is link up is poor. Whilst his defending is ok, it is also somtimes questionable.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

The answer is no. We do not have the players to attack and dominate teams. Every game this season (bar Swansea away) we seem to be set up to break up and destroy other teams rather than be expressive and try to play expansive football.

[/quote]Swansea away was the game I was thinking of.  I thought we also outplayed Arsenal, to be honest.

nice to see your getting more positive as time goes on lincoln, by the end of the season you might admit hughton wasn''t the worse choice we could have gone for.

I think this year we havn''t really dominated teams, and nor have they done to us. Unlike last year where we were either on top or not in a game, this season it seems as though we don''t really look like scoring to many, but also look solid as a unit (most of the time).

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

nice to see your getting more positive as time goes on lincoln, by the end of the season you might admit hughton wasn''t the worse choice we could have gone for.

I think this year we havn''t really dominated teams, and nor have they done to us. Unlike last year where we were either on top or not in a game, this season it seems as though we don''t really look like scoring to many, but also look solid as a unit (most of the time).

[/quote]

Southampton dominated the game today, as did Man utd & Everton for 85mins. Thats the last three games.  

Last year we didn''t keep enough clean sheets, this year we don''t outplay the opposition. I do wonder at times how we''re still in the Premier League.