Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

60% Passing success today

A shameful level of passing was shown today. BJ and Howson both had about 30 ordinary passes and gave the ball back to Southampton 10 times!  Even the usually excellent passer Snodgrass (81% success this season) was running under 60% today. Hoolahan actually bucked the trend with 100% pass rate, but on the flipside he was dispossessed 7 times!David Fox averaged 83% last season.  Time for him to get a chance instead of the unimpressive Howson?http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/615218/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013-Norwich-SouthamptonEven in the tough conditions today Southampton managed a 75% passing rate.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="canarygirl"]The conditions as you said we''re appalling today so for me not the best time to start moaning about passing.[/quote]Southampton coped well enough.  What is our excuse?[/quote]

They passed the ball better than us, fair comment, but considering the conditions to describe our performance as "shamefull" is OTT

It''d take Fox too many games to get up to speed at this point I reckon. Think we''re hoping Tettey comes back soon though that''ll mean the tried and tested 4-5-1 which will result in even less chances created. I''m writing this off as an off day as most of the games I''ve watched we haven''t been anywhere near as bad. Take it as a point and move on. Hopefully get much better performances against Sunderland and Wigan away. I''d take 1 win from those or even 2 draws right now

[quote user="canarygirl"]

They passed the ball better than us, fair comment, but considering the conditions to describe our performance as "shamefull" is OTT[/quote]60% passing is a shameful display of passing for a Premiership side under any conditions.

Though to some level there is a great point and the passing was awful, a part of Southampton under their new manager press constantly and that can be one (though only slight) excuse for the extra low passing percentage

If I was a Southampton fan. I''d be gutted they didn''t win that today.

We were poor again today. We got lucky to get a point. Forget the penalty miss

It''s stats like this which make me think under form this year it''s amazing we''re this clear of the relegation zone. How on earth did we put a 10 game unbeaten streak together?!

We really need to up our game!