Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

All of this crap about "gewl scoran"...

Ours every day of every week of every year. I''m not too downbeat mate. I always worried about this particular match - even had a nightmare we lost 2-1 lol. To say it was one of our worst home performances and we still didn''t lose or concede is one big positive. Same points as West Ham, Fulham and Stoke and they have Chelsea away, Spurs away and Newcastle away respectively as their games in hand. Shame our goal difference is so poor from the 2 big losses to Liverpool, Man U away, Chelsea away and Fulham opening day. We definitely need to bounce back well from this performance and work extra hard away to Sunderland and Wigan where it''s going to be tough, but we should be looking for more points again. Not winning at home puts more pressure on away games and we''ve only won 1 away so far so that needs to change somewhere asap or we need to keep picking up draws at the very least against teams around us. I''d take 2 draws from those right now. We all play each other in the coming games so expect the table to chop and change each week now.

"Norwich have failed to score in six of their last eight Premier League games"

That''s a horrific stat to be honest!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Because if we scored more goals we would have fewer points...  ludicrous post.As for "all this crap about gewl scoran", 7 failed to score in the last 9 games...  If this continues into next season we could end up in serious trouble.[/quote]

Agreed but do you seriously think Hughton and McNally will allow us to go into the new season without a major overhaul of the forwards? I don''t.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Because if we scored more goals we would have fewer points...  ludicrous post.As for "all this crap about gewl scoran", 7 failed to score in the last 9 games...  If this continues into next season we could end up in serious trouble.[/quote]

Agreed but do you seriously think Hughton and McNally will allow us to go into the new season without a major overhaul of the forwards? I don''t.[/quote]Depends if the forward(s) are to blame.  According to the BBC we have had a grand total of 4 shots, 2 on target in the last 2 games. 

We tried to sign RVW and Hooper in Jan. Pretty much obvious that we''ll be after quality up front again in summer. We''re starting to play 4-4-2 and it''s also obvious that we need a proper CM or 2 to play alongside BJ or Tettey. I wouldn''t be surprised to see another DM to replace/challenge BJ/Tettey too though. We need someone who''s happy with the ball like Hoolahoop, but more of a CM. To be honest, right now I''d take Wes in the middle with a DM, but it''s plain to see we need someone there as we can''t rely solely on Howson who still doesn''t look like he''s in his best position. I''d love McCarthy in the middle or someone like him, but he''s destined for a big team and that quality is hard to come by. We need someone though and we need pace with technique up front as an option. To be honest more pace all over would be great hence being happy that we were linked with Olsson at LB.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Because if we scored more goals we would have fewer points...  ludicrous post.

As for "all this crap about gewl scoran", 7 failed to score in the last 9 games...  If this continues into next season we could end up in serious trouble.
[/quote] Agreed but do you seriously think Hughton and McNally will allow us to go into the new season without a major overhaul of the forwards? I don''t.[/quote]

Depends if the forward(s) are to blame.  According to the BBC we have had a grand total of 4 shots, 2 on target in the last 2 games. 

[/quote]

Exactly.

You can sign all the forwards you like, but I think it''s the tactics that need a major overhaul.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Because if we scored more goals we would have fewer points...  ludicrous post.As for "all this crap about gewl scoran", 7 failed to score in the last 9 games...  If this continues into next season we could end up in serious trouble.[/quote]Reading and Wigan  have scored a lot more than us in the  last few games... I ask again... whos position would you rather be in?

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Because if we scored more goals we would have fewer points...  ludicrous post.As for "all this crap about gewl scoran", 7 failed to score in the last 9 games...  If this continues into next season we could end up in serious trouble.[/quote]Reading and Wigan  have scored a lot more than us in the  last few games... I ask again... whos position would you rather be in?[/quote]Absolutely our position.  The 10 game unbeaten run (6 wins 4 draws) has secured our premiership position. We have won 1 of the other 19 games.

"but do you seriously think Hughton and McNally will allow us to go into the new season without a major overhaul of the forwards?"

I think this might be more accurate

do you seriously think McNally will allow us to go into the new season without a major overhaul

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Now we''re getting somewhere...Who was responsible for our 10 game unbeaten run?[/quote]Well firstly I do not want Hughton out, he is achieving the goal of keeping us up, and signing good players. However it cannot be denied that our cautious approach is pretty dismal to watch.  Since the unbeaton run this season is certainly turning into one of endurance for NCFC fans.If that is your point then last season, with a weaker squad, we scored 39 goals and conceded 46 goals and gained 36 points from 29 games.This season, we

have scored 27 goals and conceded 45 goals and gained 33 points from 29

games.There can be no doubt that Whittaker, Garrido, Bunn, Turner, Bassong,

Tettey and Snodgrass have all improved the squad. (Too early to call for

Bechio and Kamara)  So why are we performing worse with a stronger set of players? 

Nobody was complaining at the style then...

Ah style yes, I remember style. I can even remeber us scoring, although that is a distant memory.

"Too early to call for Bechio and Kamara"

err, no need to

they are actually already here

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Because if we scored more goals we would have fewer points...  ludicrous post.As for "all this crap about gewl scoran", 7 failed to score in the last 9 games...  If this continues into next season we could end up in serious trouble.[/quote]

hence a summer transfer window.

deary me...

one win in 12 PL games, scoring just 8, 3 goals in our last 9 games in all competitions, but worst of all we have only impressed in one game in the last 6 which was the spurs game

That game we took to a good spurs game and only failed to win due to the boy wonder Bale and some electric pace.

Since that game we have not repeated the tactics once. We need to.

We have been putting good crosses in and the strikers have to take the blame for failing to attack the ball and get on the end of them.

2 shots on target is bad enough, before you realise one of them was the penalty...

Forget about our forwards, Holt & Kamara were good enough, it''s the service, how many times did we get down the wings and center the ball ?Blame our midfield & full backs for lack of goals.