Sign in to follow this  
10Jackson

Just had a quick look at a Southampton Message Board

Eleven draws so far have saved our season - I will take another one on Saturday(and possibly a few more).

[quote user="Nicko"]I think the squads are fairly evenly matched. Their best player is Rickie Lambert. All these nonsense about Ramirez, Lallana, Rodriguez etc - they are overrated. Lambert can and probably will punish us and perhaps even Puncheon can. But they seem to be quite weak at the back (apart from Shaw) so this is where we can punish them. We will win this game or draw it. I can''t see Southampton coming to Carrow Road and turning us over.[/quote]

Yeah, I have to say that I had my doubts over Lambert making it at this level (infact I wasn''t convinced he''d be a success in the Championship) but much like Grant Holt he keeps proving the doubters wrong.

His anticipation and finishing are very good. He''s a threat.

But it takes something special to get the better of Turner and Bassong.

[quote user="Orford65"]Eleven draws so far have saved our season - I will take another one on Saturday(and possibly a few more).
[/quote]

What nonsense

QPR have drawn the same number of games as us, has it made their season ?

In fact it could be argued that draws have held us back

Wins at home to West Ham, QPR, Newcastle and Fulham would now have us challenging for a far higher spot ... 8th or even 7th

Someone should ask the southampton fans whether they would have had their recent run of success if they hadn''t gone into administration a few years ago.

At least we achieved our success without having to, and I think all city fans should take great pride in that fact.

It really annoyed me at the start of the season when their achievement of two successive promotions was compared to ours.

Good Luck to them they are enjoying the moment, but I for one hope they go down.

In my experience Southampton fans almost to a man have a complete over inflated opinion of their club and their team. They are a bunch of gobsh**es and i hope we give them another reality check this saturday and put them further into the relegation mix!

Great points Norfolkchance. Administration is not just a loss of 10 points. It''s also the loss of respect and in some cases identity and even history. I''m proud and thankful of our majority shareholders, namely Geoffrey Watling, Delia Smith, Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger for keeping the stigma of administration from our club and giving us succes in an honest way.

I remember two games from the 2005 run in. Worthy''s (criticised at the time) attacking football saw us draw 3-3 at home to Palace and lose 4-3 away at Southampton. The irony that a 0-0 draw and 1-0 victory would have secured our Premiership status is not lost on me. But then I remember us fans often want the opposite of what we get even if we didn''t want that opposite when we had it[:S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Great points Norfolkchance. Administration is not just a loss of 10 points. It''s also the loss of respect and in some cases identity and even history. I''m proud and thankful of our majority shareholders, namely Geoffrey Watling, Delia Smith, Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger for keeping the stigma of administration from our club and giving us succes in an honest way.

I remember two games from the 2005 run in. Worthy''s (criticised at the time) attacking football saw us draw 3-3 at home to Palace and lose 4-3 away at Southampton. The irony that a 0-0 draw and 1-0 victory would have secured our Premiership status is not lost on me. But then I remember us fans often want the opposite of what we get even if we didn''t want that opposite when we had it[:S]

[/quote]

That was at Palace, nutty. The home game was the 1-1 at the start of the season.

quote user="nutty nigel"

/quote

Or if Andy (Andrew/Gollum) Johnson hadn''t taught Tom Daley, everything he knew............................

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

That was at Palace, nutty. The home game was the 1-1 at the start of the season.

[/quote]

Of course it was! And we were also 3-1 up in that game. The point I was making is still the same though. This season has seen two 0-0 draws at QPR and Reading. Dour football in which we failed to score a single goal yet picked up twice as many points than the two games above.

[quote user="chicken"]They have quite a bit of ability going forward but sod all in defending.

The odds on this being a 0-0 must be pretty good.

If we can keep their attacks to a minimum and go up the other end and create I can see us getting some joy. The only problem is that they are pretty fast on the counter attack so we may be a bit more measured.

Having said that I would like to see Kamara given an extended run against them, I think his pace and trickery will help.[/quote]

If we are any more measured we won''t leave our own half :) !

It is a ''must win'' game for Soton given their league position and that will expose them at the back.

Our defence is very well marshalled and will have little to worry about.

If we get the ball forward early will will cause a lot of damage. An early goal for us and Soton will be under more pressure to attack.

I predict 3-0 for the Canaries.

[quote user="City1st"]

[quote user="Orford65"]Eleven draws so far have saved our season - I will take another one on Saturday(and possibly a few more).[/quote]

What nonsense

QPR have drawn the same number of games as us, has it made their season ?

In fact it could be argued that draws have held us back

Wins at home to West Ham, QPR, Newcastle and Fulham would now have us challenging for a far higher spot ... 8th or even 7th

[/quote]And losses against those same teams, had we gone all out for a win, would now see us in a far more precarious position.I stand by my original statement City 1st. Just because my opinion differs to yours does not make it ''nonsense''.

[quote user="Wiz"]Rather than this game being ''must win'' I think its more a ''must not lose'' fixture.[/quote] Hughton delivered exactly what you wanted Wiz you must be chuffed with that.[Y]