Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Southampton played well today.

I''m not really sure if they did?.....we''ve played them twice got 2 draws and I''m unsure whether that''s satisfactory or whether we really should be beating a team like that?

I suppose they well organzied enough in midfield but I thought the strikforce of the much-talked about Lambert and £7m Rodriguez were dreadful, Ramirez not much better either.

Southampton only looked good today because Hughton got the formation tottally wrong. We got executed today in midfield as we were playing too wide, and this allowed them just to cut through the middle of the parkSouthampton were awful in the final 3rd and our box. Certainly not the worst team we''ve seen this season, but they missed 2 chances that were harder to miss, and lacked an eye for goal - they had alot of shots that were embarrasing - Ramires'' that he scuffed Rodreigez''s miss. They looked again, very average for me, the only thing that impressed me was their desire for the 2nd ball. I won''t be too sad to see them go down. [:P]

SOton we by far the better team today and we could easily have been a 0-3 losers today. They probably were average, but we were below required standard and were fortunate not to be punished. It was clear today why we are the second lowest scorers in the league after QPR - if Soton were poor finishers what does that make us?

Soton tactically won the game, playing a high up the pitch pressing game that suited them and exploited & highlighted our poor passing ability. They played with energy and commitment which was missing from the vast majority of our team today (Wes, BJ, Kei notable exceptions)

We should learn from sotons approach. we have the quality and energy to take a game to the opponents like that - but done.

Our captain is missing energy at the mo - and that affects the team. We need our leaders committing and leading in all efforts.