Sign in to follow this  
NCFC TIll I die

Shots today

Had 3 shots today apparently 1 was a free kick from snodgrass the other from the penalty not good enough none last week against man utd 3 today 3 shots in 180 or so minutes simply not good enough

how many shots should we be having on average a game?work the ratio out to Southamptons 17 shots and 0 goals today.. who has the better statistic?you''ll say Southampton.. but have a think as to why that might not look so good now...

Had Holt supplied Kamara with decent balls he would''ve scored twice and Snodgrass should''ve scored as well.It is an absolute joke with the team in its current state.

Well clearly southampton have the better statistic what a stupid question! Yes they didnt score any of their multiple chances but on another day they will score at least 3 of them. Where we on another day will still struggle to create anything again and score none maybe 1 if we are lucky.

Statistics are pure bull... however it highlights the fact that we don''t create chances and thus shots on target (notwithstanding any shots made by BJ which are never on target anyway!).

either they are pure bull or not.

What they never do is tell the whole story, you need context to do that.

The fact is we had two shots on target today. Both were from set pieces.

So no shots on target from open play in 2 weeks. That is a fact from both observation and the stats

That reflects the lack lustre attacking play I have seen, lack lustre in terms of attacking space, desire, energy and movement. That is the context.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]either they are pure bull or not.

What they never do is tell the whole story, you need context to do that.

The fact is we had two shots on target today. Both were from set pieces.

So no shots on target from open play in 2 weeks. That is a fact from both observation and the stats

That reflects the lack lustre attacking play I have seen, lack lustre in terms of attacking space, desire, energy and movement. That is the context.[/quote]Agree with this completely.It''s pretty depressing, according to the BBC stats, that Southampton managed17 shots of which 7 were on target. We also had just 1 corner against their 7. Bunn was by far the busiest goalkeeper too. Even if we lose in trying we really shouldn''t have to be grinding out 0-0''s against teams like Southampton.It''s getting less and less enjoyable to be watching football at Carrow Rd. To be fair we must give Chris Hughton a chance to make us a more attacking force with the money he''ll receive next term - assuming we stay up - but I''ll be very disappointed if we''re still playing like this a few weeks into next season. I''m not entirely convinced we''ll see it happen, for, as a former defender, the manager seems to have a '' must not lose '' mindset each and every time he sends out his team. I''m hoping he proves me wrong as supporters soon become dis-illusioned when the entertainment provided is this poor.

Football isn''t Entertainment though, it''s a business. And staying up at any cost (dire football included) injects however million it is into the club next season is a very huge business win.

And in turn, hopefully it''ll turn us into a better side after the summer when we can ship out some dead wood.

I must say, we played some good stuff in our ten game unbeaten run - what''s changed since then to kill off our football other than teams sussing us out - surely our squad is stronger now than it was before January?