Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Well played Bunn

Some brilliant saves today, worth highlighting amongst all the gloom and doom that he did a fine job today - especially with one exceptional first half save.

Another solid performance.

MoM second to Turner.

Bunn is blessed with uncannily good positional sense and, whilst not totally commanding the box, is excellent and decisive when leaving his line.

The loss of Ruddy could have meant disaster for us this season. Bunn''s performances have meant this not to be the case.

Good management Hughton and am I right in thinking that Lambo would have thrust Rudd into the fray when we lost big John?

For this, and multose other reasons, I am convinced Lambert would have had us relegated this season.

I thought he was really strong again today.

I wouldn''t be surprised if he stays in possession of the number 1 spot for the rest of the season, allowing Ruddy to completely recover (no need to rush him back if we don''t need to)

His signing was necessary - and I was one of those who gave CH stick for not trusting Dec.

One thing though - to me it seems that Bunny almost never rolls/throws the ball out, wheras JR seemed to do it all the time...which means we are more long ball than we are with JR in goal...

Or is that just my memory playing tricks on me?

Amen, I thought he was excellent!

I couldn''t believe it when some kids behind me started to blame Bunn for us not winning today

Bunn, Turner, Bassong immense. Not to forget Garrido who got in a critical tackle at the River End early in the first half.

Interesting, how well our defenders had to play at home against Southampton.

Yup, Bunn hardly put a foot wrong all game and the only time he did was when he kicked a ball into the Jarrold and a few people whinged at him for it. Idiots.

Turner was MOTM for me, did everything right bar one moment when he tried to take on the whole Southampton team, Bunn was very impressive as well.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Bunn, Turner, Bassong immense. Not to forget Garrido who got in a critical tackle at the River End early in the first half.

Interesting, how well our defenders had to play at home against Southampton.[/quote]

Excellent performance by the back five, shame that you need to turn it into a negative post regarding the team Highland!

For a second choice keeper i actually think he''s done really well for the majority of the time he''s played, making some key saves. If he was just abit taller so he could come for crosses and not struggle when someone stands infront of him on corners, i think he''d have alot more first team games at this level for other clubs before now.

Another solid clean sheet. Most positive thing is that our back line has been sorted. We just need to sort the creative aspect in summer. We''ve got the destructive part pretty much sorted and wingers that track back, but we need that creativity to partner it both in the middle and up front. A bit of pace would help. To be honest I''d love to see Hooper or RVW up front as an option bought in summer and a quality CM or 2.

his game has improved with match time and his last 4 games have been his best - comfortable man of the match today but far busier than he should have needed to be.

we played bunny indeed.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Some brilliant saves today, worth highlighting amongst all the gloom and doom that he did a fine job today - especially with one exceptional first half save.
[/quote]

Agreed. [Y]

OTBC

He was my MotM, played very well

I cannot see where some people are coming from about Turner, as I was getting frustrated by him losing out a lot to Lambert in aerial challenges. He played well in all other aspects of the game (covering tackles etc), but certainly not enough to be considered our best player (or two) on the day