Sign in to follow this  
Johnny_Bravo

Goal Music.

This old chestnut give it a rest you''ve been moaning about it for years with no change in clubs position, seems like you need to get used to it and Samba here to stay.

I like it, but it does give other fans something to sneer about, apparently its "small time" to have goal music.

I love it - it''s something I''ve celebrated to for many years and I think it would be weird to not have it now.

Plus, I''ve got a feeling Kei and Bassong like a little wiggle to it ;)

I''m glad somebody has brought this up. I was getting a bit worried that there was nothing to moan about.

Not scoring any goals = Moan

Score Goals, music played = Moan

League 1 =  Worst for 50 years, Moan

Championship = Should never have been relegated, Moan

Premiership = Staying up is the best we can hope for, Moan

Not to mention that Holt is Fat and won''t cut it in the championship/premiership/premiership this year.

Hoolahan is an overrated luxury and can''t kick with his right foot.

Johnson/Howson/Snodgrass/Becchio weren''t good enough to win League 1 with Leeds....etc etc

Hughton is too negative.

We haven''t spent enough in the transfer windows

We''re bidding silly money for ex Scunthorpe players....etc etc

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

I''m glad somebody has brought this up. I was getting a bit worried that there was nothing to moan about.

Not scoring any goals = Moan

Score Goals, music played = Moan

League 1 =  Worst for 50 years, Moan

Championship = Should never have been relegated, Moan

Premiership = Staying up is the best we can hope for, Moan

Not to mention that Holt is Fat and won''t cut it in the championship/premiership/premiership this year.

Hoolahan is an overrated luxury and can''t kick with his right foot.

Johnson/Howson/Snodgrass/Becchio weren''t good enough to win League 1 with Leeds....etc etc

Hughton is too negative.

We haven''t spent enough in the transfer windows

We''re bidding silly money for ex Scunthorpe players....etc etc

[/quote]Don''t forget the recent choice of pie on offer[Y]

Ah fantastic ! We just pull off a win so we can''t moan about Wes or Holty and Moro has left...... with the club doing to well we cant moan about Delia and Hoots is kinda winning us over so what can we complain about...I know , the goal music !!

Is it not obvious the club obviously likes it and will not bow to a bunch of dingles posting on the pinkun !!

If you want a good moan, how about the fact we are linked with Delia Smith and the match food is luke warm and tastes like crap !Is it so hard to actually get a local pie supplier and give the contract to local butchers or suppliers ?

How about we just put some words to it? We could have a different version for each scorer. Its pretty easy to fit anything to it (9 syllables per ''line'')

Ka Kamara Ka Ka Kamara

Ka Kamara Ka Ka Kamara

etc.

We fu..ing lu-u-u-ve Grant Holt

We fu..ing lu-u-u-ve Grant Holt

etc.

[quote user="Johnny_Bravo"]Every time I hear it on MOTD or Sky Sports I cringe. Is there still any need for it?[/quote]

Like the stadium announcements I think the goal music is for those who are actually there....

[quote user="Johnny_Bravo"]Every time I hear it on MOTD or Sky Sports I cringe. Is there still any need for it?[/quote]

Just imagine how people with the same view as you who go to the game feel about it.[:P]

A sign of the times I''m afraid

the happy clappies need to know when they have to stand up ..... and more importantly when to sit down

ps I suspect the Samba music may have to be edited down a bit to avoid charges of persistent standing up

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Just imagine how people with the same view as you who go to the game feel about it.[:P]

[/quote]

Did you actually see Kei''s goal or were you stuck behind somebody standing up?

We saw it very clearly 4000 odd miles away on big screen LED TV in the Caribbbean. Heard it too - thump!!! [:)]

And then we got both  it and the celebrations in close-up multiple times.

Now what about Holty''s goal - bet most of you didn''t have much of a clue what happened until you saw it on MOTD!!!!

[:P]

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

We saw it very clearly 4000 odd miles away on big screen LED TV in the Caribbbean. Heard it too - thump!!! [:)]

Now what about Holty''s goal - bet most of you didn''t have much of a clue what happened until you saw it on MOTD!!!!

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

I read on a thread yesterday that you lot are clueless about what goes on. Then I think the poster got a bang on the bonce from an apple...

I''d never go that far[H]

He''s right, didn''t have a clue what happened with the winner, didn''t even know who put it in the net until it was announced on the PA.

Wouldn''t swap the celebrations in the Barclay for a better view on the TV in a million years though. Man that felt good.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]He''s right, didn''t have a clue what happened with the winner, didn''t even know who put it in the net until it was announced on the PA.

Wouldn''t swap the celebrations in the Barclay for a better view on the TV in a million years though. Man that felt good.[/quote]^^^This.And anyone who says its better watching it on the telly is an idiot.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

I should imagine sex is much the same for you

far better wtaching it on a screen

............with all those close-up''s

(thankfully, unlike football, you are not expected to clap)

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

I should imagine sex is much the same for you

far better wtaching it on a screen

............with all those close-up''s

(thankfully, unlike football, you are not expected to clap)

[/quote]

What you s''posed to do with your han.......

Nevermind.

I think goal music is pants, but it could be redeemed as a concept by playing only scorer-specific ditties instead of the tired old samba.

This idea must have been suggested (and promptly ridiculed) before.

Anyway, the inevitable pause while they worked out who''d scored would be laughable, but occasionally they''d get it wrong then interrupt with the right music, which would make up for it. Ah, the endless potential of in-stadium entertainment.

The problem I have with the goal music is that I do not hear it often enough.

Don''t give a flying fig for how it comes over on MOTD, its part of the match day experience! The mote we hear it the more CR will be rocking.

As someone said on another thread, there''s a difference between supporters and spectators

It definitely adds to the atmosphere - would feel empty without it!

"Ah, the endless potential of in-stadium entertainment"

yes, imagine the fun that could be had watching 2 blokes chasing a football about - with the ''audience'' showing their appreciation of the entertainment value ............. in their own way

can''t think why we never did that before

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]The problem I have with the goal music is that I do not hear it often enough.

Don''t give a flying fig for how it comes over on MOTD, its part of the match day experience! The mote we hear it the more CR will be rocking.[/quote]
[Y]