Sign in to follow this  
Carra Rud

Hughton needs to go...

... and look at my predictions...Sunderland 0-0Wigan 0-0Swansea 1-2 (L)Arsenal 0-2 (L)Reading 1-1Stoke 0-2 (L)Aston Villa 0-0West Brom 0-1 (L)Man City 0-3 (L)(L) = Loss4pts for the taking (lol) leaving a final tally of 37pts, 15 place, barring no teams below us going on a late run.

the question is , is this ''safety-first'' cautious approach Hughton''s preference or given more money/different players would he want to play in a more attacking/ cavalier way?, is it in his nature?.

If Hughton keeps up he deserves to be given the ''apparant'' riches that the Premsiership will bring next season to strengthen the team and he has to be given the benefit of the doubt until we see how uses that money n the summer.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]... and look at my predictions...

Sunderland 0-0
Wigan 0-0
Swansea 1-2 (L)
Arsenal 0-2 (L)
Reading 1-1
Stoke 0-2 (L)
Aston Villa 0-0
West Brom 0-1 (L)
Man City 0-3 (L)

(L) = Loss

4pts for the taking (lol) leaving a final tally of 37pts, 15 place, barring no teams below us going on a late run.
[/quote]

4 points in the last 9 games and it wouldn''t surprise me to see us go down.

Hughton needs to go...where ?He''s doing a OK job and would stick by him even if we went down.I do feel we still have too many lower league players at the club who are not good enough for the premiership which is holding us back, but this takes time to change.But for now this is not the time to upset the apple cart.Get behind our Manager or go and support another team.

Yes the performances aren''t pretty. But it doesn''t surprise me with the calibre of players in our team.

We played a 451 for the first half of last season so our midfield could cope. The second half of the season lambert switched the team around a bit and we did not have a great run and struggled to get over the line. This season we had to change our style after the Liverpool home game. We would have been in the bottom three if we hadn''t.

Hughton needs money to bring in some higher calibre players.

Bassong, Whittaker, turner, Snodgrass, tettey were all better than what we had and have shown it this season by probably being the names that will be in the pots awards.

It is awful at the moment but we also know there may be a time when things turn and we so play some nice stuff. I just feel it is showing the calibre of the players that we have. We stayed up last season with goals from holt, Morison, Surman and pilky but with a great team ethic. If we stay up again we will have a better defensive record and have done it on team ethic. But now we need quality. A number of our players are not showing that they are worth premiership football right now and they need to show it.

Hughton has time if we stay up and I expect us to get over the line. But we need quality additions so far team members who came up from the championship are not progressing in a way where you can say that we do not need to bring in a more capable premiership player in to that position apart from ruddy.

It never fails to amaze me how quickly some supporters of football clubs take their Premier League status for granted and begin grumbling about the manager and tactics when they aren''t seeing exciting football or lots of goals week in week out. Be careful what you wish for look at Charlton Athletic and Alan Curbishley.

If Hughton keeps us up it will be a huge achievement. We must be the poorest club in this league financially - look at the promoted teams ... Saints spent £12M on one player last summer, West Ham can attract Carroll, Benayoun and J.Cole (none of which would be seen dead in a Canary shirt) and Reading signed Pogrebnyak on wages we couldn''t dream of.

If CH keeps us up everything he''s done is justified. With the debts cleared we can finally spend properly and fully compete - imagine us next year with a defensive midfielder who can not only break up play but also feed clever balls through to the wide men and forwards, a striker or two who can make his own chances out of nothing and beat a man before lashing in powerful and accurate shots on goal and a winger who can skin a man with electric pace before whipping in a pin point cross. We could be 9 games away from this!

There are bigger clubs than us in the Championship who look at us being 9 points from the drop in our second Prem season with envy and would shake their heads in disbelief if they read some of the foolish comments about Hughton on this message board FROM HIS OWN SUPPORTERS! 

Lol Hughton is 6th favourite to win manager of the season.

Some of our fans at the moment are making our club the laughing stock of the premier league. The only thing this is doing ( the negativity ) is convincing our top players ( Bassong / Turner / Snodgrass ) that should an offer from another club come for their services in the summer maybe they are best out of it.

[quote user="Yarmy"]

Lol Hughton is 6th favourite to win manager of the season.

Some of our fans at the moment are making our club the laughing stock of the premier league. The only thing this is doing ( the negativity ) is convincing our top players ( Bassong / Turner / Snodgrass ) that should an offer from another club come for their services in the summer maybe they are best out of it.

[/quote]

Total bollocks!

Yep you are right what you wrote was. Do you want me quote your various posts ?

If you were the likes of Bassong would you appreciate constantly being held to account a team that is claimed is failing and acheiving way beyond any budget expectations.

Your mate Lambert left because he had no hope of keeping us up. I to agree we will probably finish up back in the championship not because of what we could acheive but what people like you are doing to the club. Lamberts opinion of this club changed when people booed after the Wigan game.

[quote user="Yarmy"]

Yep you are right what you wrote was. Do you want me quote your various posts ?

If you were the likes of Bassong would you appreciate constantly being held to account a team that is claimed is failing and acheiving way beyond any budget expectations.

Your mate Lambert left because he had no hope of keeping us up. I to agree we will probably finish up back in the championship not because of what we could acheive but what people like you are doing to the club. Lamberts opinion of this club changed when people booed after the Wigan game.

[/quote]

Eh?

As much as I enjoy raining on your parade, it wasn''t me missing penalties or not shooting on target was it?[:S]

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Oh dearie, dearie me.

Looks like theres some fires to put out on these forums today.[/quote]You''ll note the chief Binner has started another "Cody Kei" thread, despite Pete deleting the last one.I give it about four hours.

By my calculations we will finish the season on 43/44 points which will be more than enough

We could do well following the advice of our club song, ''Never mind the Danger''

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

It never fails to amaze me how quickly some supporters of football clubs take their Premier League status for granted and begin grumbling about the manager and tactics when they aren''t seeing exciting football or lots of goals week in week out. Be careful what you wish for look at Charlton Athletic and Alan Curbishley.

If Hughton keeps us up it will be a huge achievement. We must be the poorest club in this league financially - look at the promoted teams ... Saints spent £12M on one player last summer, West Ham can attract Carroll, Benayoun and J.Cole (none of which would be seen dead in a Canary shirt) and Reading signed Pogrebnyak on wages we couldn''t dream of.

If CH keeps us up everything he''s done is justified. With the debts cleared we can finally spend properly and fully compete - imagine us next year with a defensive midfielder who can not only break up play but also feed clever balls through to the wide men and forwards, a striker or two who can make his own chances out of nothing and beat a man before lashing in powerful and accurate shots on goal and a winger who can skin a man with electric pace before whipping in a pin point cross. We could be 9 games away from this!

There are bigger clubs than us in the Championship who look at us being 9 points from the drop in our second Prem season with envy and would shake their heads in disbelief if they read some of the foolish comments about Hughton on this message board FROM HIS OWN SUPPORTERS! 

[/quote]

^^^^^^ Exactly, this is an astonishing reaction.

I don''t care what your predictions are I just think that the game yesterday was not very exciting. Sure the weather was awful but I paid to see the Norwich Gladiators perform and by the time the second half came round they all seemed to have run out of puff. The crowd seemed to run out of puff too. I hope we stay up of course and I will say "thanks" to Mr Hughton but I don''t want to watch this stuff next year or the year after. I believe I have about 4 years left (most men seem to kick the bucket by the time they are 84 yrs) and I want to go out having had a bit of excitment at Carra so lets offer the £70 million to Harry and have a bit of fun like we had with PL.

"I believe I have about 4 years left (most men seem to kick the bucket by the time they are 84 yrs) and I want to go out having had a bit of excitment at Carra so lets offer the £70 million to Harry and have a bit of fun like we had with PL.

Hell no. Forget it. You''re joking right?

Click the link below

[quote user="BWs Cat "]"I believe I have about 4 years left (most men seem to kick the bucket by the time they are 84 yrs) and I want to go out having had a bit of excitment at Carra so lets offer the £70 million to Harry and have a bit of fun like we had with PL. Hell no. Forget it. You''re joking right? Click the link below[/quote]

Top idea.

I do have to chuckle with some on this board. So the reason we are playing this style of football is down to our supporters. Yes it''s our fault. It is also our fault that we are making the club a laughing stock.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I do have to chuckle with some on this board. So the reason we are playing this style of football is down to our supporters. Yes it''s our fault. It is also our fault that we are making the club a laughing stock. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant[/quote]

They just can''t, or refuse, to see it Bury.

Why are some fans worrying? We''ll survive. I know the last 3 months haven''t been exciting for us fans but we''re 14th and 9 points away from relegation!! We haven''t played well lately but the points gap is still there and its a good points gap!! Its not as though we''re 1 point off relegation! Then i''d be more concerned. CH needs to be judged more next season and i feel next season we could potentially have a great season. We''ve proved this season we are alot harder to beat we''ve only lost 10. We''ve also drawn 12. Imagine what we could do next season and the potential points wise we could gain if we get in more quality players and turn a lot of those draws into wins!! No panic and i honestly believe CH is the man to take us forward. I don''t want to be 1 of these clubs that gets rid of their manager as soon as things look bad give him time.

Are the Stoke fans crying for Pulis head? Or the Fulham fans for Jol? Stick with Hughton, he''s done a fine job already and this is just the start. He can develop the team from here on.