Sign in to follow this  
unique

Howson

Tilly - tghere is clearly a difference between the standards of being a mid table champs side and a mid table premier league team.

The sooner Tettey is back the better

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="jedi"]FFS Howson is not a holding midfielder!! Hughton''s tactics don''t suit him granted but he''s clearly prem class. I really can''t see the Howson bashing, But then I didn''t agree with the morison bashing either.[/quote]

Howson and Morison are at most Championship class; perhaps even biggish fish in that little pond. But that''s clearly their limit.

Just clear facts; not bashing.

OTBC

No, NOT clear facts. YOUR opinion.

[/quote]

The latest member of Scapegoat City has clearly been named. Just watch that familiar old bandwagon start to roll.

In my opinion Howson has class and he can easily be premiership player, if he finds back his form. Mayby sport psych would do a good for him as I see him trying to do right decisions, but his end product is very poor.

Also pairing Johnson - Howson isn''t clearly workin and we rarely saw them together previous season either. Tettey Howson would probably work better as Tettey''s mobility is so much better than Johnson''s and Howson could have more confidence to get forward. Not to mention that Martin is quite slow too so Howson found himself covering full back once in a while and that just doesnt suit him.

I dont know if he ever fits for Hughton''s tactics as he need quite much space and time to be effective and in his current role he doesnt have it and current Wes role would have it even less, but I''m not ready to lose my hope in this guy. One thing is sure that his passing game needs to improve we are easy to play out if only players that can pass the pall quick are Hoolahan, Snoddy and Garrido.

And those who are moaning about his shot, he probably has best shot from our center middlefielders in terms of precise and power. :)

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="jedi"]FFS Howson is not a holding midfielder!! Hughton''s tactics don''t suit him granted but he''s clearly prem class. I really can''t see the Howson bashing, But then I didn''t agree with the morison bashing either.[/quote]

Howson and Morison are at most Championship class; perhaps even biggish fish in that little pond. But that''s clearly their limit.

OTBC

Actually it''s quite amazing how many of my opinions turn out to be facts when viewed in retrospect. [:)]

Now please stop shouting at me, old chap.

OTBC

[/quote][/quote]

Whilst I am by no means one of the flaming torch brigade (those that sit around me may think otherwise) It is time to try something else out in centre midfield as at present Howson isn''t working.

I am concerned at what he gives the team at either end of the pitch , and that makes him a luxury we cannot currently afford. I have not seen him play a Wes or Foxy killer pass nor have I seen him in the face of the opposition reducing the time they have to pick a pass or indeed tackle.

I would love to see Whittaker given a chance as a defensive midfielder. When he arrived we were told he had played accross the back 4 and as a defensiver midfielder for Rangers. He is a class act and has looked one of our best players everytime he has played and I cannot imagine any of our other central midfielders or defenders chipping in with that goal against Swansea (except maybe Martin).

Foxy played at the base of the Diamond many many times for us and whilst he didn''t cover himself with glory against Luton neither did Mr Howson.

I think somebody should go back and study the videos of a succesful Howson at Leeds to see how we could fit him into our team

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

Actually it''s quite amazing how many of my opinions turn out to be facts when viewed in retrospect. [:)]

Now please stop shouting at me, old chap.

OTBC

[/quote][/quote][/quote]

You just keep believing that in your "reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol" world.