Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Time to get decent manager

In many ways Hughton is like Worthington but with a slightly better squad. We played defensively under Worthy most of the season until Ashton came along and we finally had a go.

This season imo we had/have enough points already to stumble over the line for a third season by grinding out draws.

I just hope that during the summer we get (for the sake of argument) 4-5 decent players in so we can have our Ashton moment next season and have a real go in games a win them in a entertaining attacking manner.

"Our star players are now Bassong / Turner / Snodgrass / Garrido / Tetty all signed by Hughton"

err, no

signed by the club, and I don''t just mean the contracten

Snodgrass had been ''chased'' by us long before Hughton arrived, as with the signing of Butterfield who had your theory been true would most likely have been not signed. I doubt Kamara was watched by Hughton but brought in by the scouting system via the board, as with Bechio.

This was going on pre Hughton so I have no reason to suspect otherwise now.

ps they are also players signed after a year of Premiership money, it does tend to make a difference

yes, our same board who have said they pretty much have no idea about football.

the only one that does is our CEO, and he has also publicly stated multiplier times that he just deals with financials (may/does include contract terms.) but that the manager chooses the team, the manager chooses who to go for, the manager approaches the players.

the scouting team are under his control, they look at who he tells them too. your comments are just childish and silly trying to get anything you can to subtract positives from a person whom you do not like.

At the time of Lambert leaving you could draw comparisons with Swansea. Both teams played good offensive passing game. Difference now is that Swansea employed someone who built on that philosophy and Norwich did not.

yes, comparable with swansea.

swansea passed the ball, we hoofed it up and hoped it latched on.

swansea had a program that works in the premier league.

look at it honestly, we did not.

we had too many players going off momentum, with a manager to boot. the momentum have gone from the majority or his players and also him and now they are struggling in this league.

Not really sure who people think would realistically do a better job that we could attract here.

For me we are a work in progress and are on course to retain Premiership status, pretty much all that matters this season with a huge pot of gold for those who escape the trap door. The massive change in how we play under CH compared to PL (which I reckon would have seen us in trouble about now had he stayed) means we sometimes struggle to create but being tight at the back is a big plus and I suspect we''ll just about make it over the line by drawing four or five more games with perhaps a win in there somewhere.

I was frustrated as anybody this afternoon having sat through 90 minutes of being second best to a team 5 points below us in the table but the secret is to give it a few hours to gather your thoughts and ensure a balanced opinion before ranting on here.

I''m supportive of the manager but his real work starts in June as he needs to recruit more players of better quality and get the balance between defensive solidity and attacking flair right. The entertainment needs to be better and I''m sure it will be although probably never up to PL, Holloway or Adkins ''gung ho'' levels.

i reckon this will be one of those threads that we come back to in 4 years time and wiz et al will be apologizing like before. I guess time will tell, all I can say is that hughton is building his team; it may not be pretty to start off but we are in safe hands and in 3-4 years time I expect us to be a solid Prem team hoping to get in the Europa league  

We were long ball team last season :) not neat passing team like Swansea. Ofc there was times when Surman, Hoolahan and Fox offered us by their invidual skills some neat passing, but that wasnt our tactic.

Also we were high risk team and our coach had 3 years time to build that team for his liking. That kind of game wont work very far if risk arent lowered. Blackpool went down and Aston Villa or Southampton most likely will go down with their high risk game.

This season we have good offensie passing game when we go for 4-2-3-1. And dont get me wrong I dont intend to tell you that we are offensive team, but that our game is based for keeping ball on the ground.

We have had very similar games than Swansea last season without total controlling and high pressure, but again Rodgers had time to work for those tactics and whatever way you look it those tactics need modern team with modern coach ^^ Not old school 4-4-2 motivation first managering.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="CJ"]Sorry but we are sleep walking into a disaster either this season or next . Ch has no idea how to create an entertaining side and I am pretty certain a new manager could get us attacking and entertaining. Is there any point staying in this league if every game we approach it like we are the underdogs from a lower league. I know will get loads of stick but fed up hearing how skillful other sides are . It has got to stage where our strikers get nose bleed when they get in oppos box and snatch at any chances. It is only when the players forget managers script as against Everton that we do anything! Sorry but this is meant to be entertaining how could anyone describe this as such[/quote]

Nail on head for me.[Y]

Drive the bugger out!

[/quote]Was hoping the harsh winter would''ve got you [;)]

Hughtons remitt this season is to keep us up which will put us in a better position to push on. At present we''re still at a massive financial disadvantage to most other premiership clubs!

At this moment in time we look more likely to stay up than go down!

Certainly theres issues with our play and we''re nowhere near as fluent as we should be!

Getting rid of the manager now would be crazy and who would we get anyway??

The 3 previous upwardly, huge momentum seasons under the unmentionable one are raritys rather than the norm for a club like Norwich which is why we will always look at these 3 seasons with rose tinted glasses!

This season was always unlikely to be another season of massive forward momentum!

Its likely with the previous manager we''d be in a worse position particularly when you see his current side in a worse position!

Some people need to get real! 

For those like Wiz - do and support Chelski. They fit your mentality like a glove - lets go get a new manager because we...... ere.........

We are work in progress. Happy to draw every game this year but have to make a few further points on some of the utter dross on here.

1 - The tactics are not negative - our attacking players have been found lackin as you would expect when formed on the cheap. Consistant players cost money we did NOT have any.

2 - We are 13th, a penalty away from 10th - THATS 10TH IN THE HARDEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD!!!!

3 - Wiz is a binner

We''re playing in one of the toughest Leagues in the world, the Championship is hard let alone where we are now!

Remember this is Hughtons 1st season which happens to be in the Premiership, not League 1 as a big club that shouldn''t really be playing at that level as was the case for us in 2009/10 during the unmentionable ones 1st season!

[quote user="City1st"]

"Our star players are now Bassong / Turner / Snodgrass / Garrido / Tetty all signed by Hughton"

err, no

signed by the club, and I don''t just mean the contracten

Snodgrass had been ''chased'' by us long before Hughton arrived, as with the signing of Butterfield who had your theory been true would most likely have been not signed. I doubt Kamara was watched by Hughton but brought in by the scouting system via the board, as with Bechio.

This was going on pre Hughton so I have no reason to suspect otherwise now.

ps they are also players signed after a year of Premiership money, it does tend to make a difference

[/quote]

I think that you genuinely can have no idea how derelict the Club was. Lambert said many times that most players were signed on the recommendation of Culverhouse who was good at spotting potential. Our scouting system like our academy was sidelined under Lambert who rightly concentrated in the team.

My biggest problem with Wiz and his confederates is that they do not value or even realise how much Hughton is doing to create a Premier league club. The guy is doing the job on the pitch for me but even if he wasn''t, the club is building with McNally will serve us well in seasons to come.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CJ"]Sorry but we are sleep walking into a disaster either this season or next . Ch has no idea how to create an entertaining side and I am pretty certain a new manager could get us attacking and entertaining. Is there any point staying in this league if every game we approach it like we are the underdogs from a lower league. I know will get loads of stick but fed up hearing how skillful other sides are . It has got to stage where our strikers get nose bleed when they get in oppos box and snatch at any chances. It is only when the players forget managers script as against Everton that we do anything! Sorry but this is meant to be entertaining how could anyone describe this as such[/quote]

You seem to be suggesting that we only win games when the players forget the manager has told them not to win.

Do you honestly think Hughton tells the team "come on lads, let''s go out and DRAW THIS ONE FOR THE FANS!"

Anyway, come on then.

Name the manager you would like to see take over from Hughton.

[/quote]

Well, listening to his comments to Radio Norfolk before kick off yesterday, I think he does select matches for wins, draws and even defeats to some extent. He was saying how City would set up for a win against Sotton and almost saying he had expected to lose at Man Utd (which was always a certainty when your boys fail to muster a solitary shot in 90 minutes of football). I bet a non league side in an FA Cup fixture at Old Trafford would manage at least one shot at goal!

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]We''re never going to do much with Hughton. It''s obvious he''s a Championship manager. That 10 game run aside we''ve looked completely out of our depth (and how lucky were we in many of the games in that run?)

Hughton has zero idea how to change a game. Formation wise, tactically, personnel. He''s out of his depth.

We did needlessly restrict ourselves when McNally said we''d only get a manager with Premier League experience.[/quote]

In an earlier post you used the past eight games to support your arguement and now in this post you want us to forget the 10 game unbeaten run. So why do you cherry pick a few results when you could base your arguement on every single game that Hughton has managed for us.

If you do that you can see we are in a very respectable 13th place and level on points with 10th place. You can see that after the first few games we took ourselves out of the relegation zone and have not been in the relegation zone since. What''s more we are very unlikely to be the relgation zone at any time for the rest of the season. 

We have put together a good squad on much less money than most other clubs. We are in transition mode, CH is shaping the team to move us forward. Thank goodness he started from the back, we are now a very difficult team to score against.

You don''t get to mid-table and stay there all season on luck, as you claim. If entertainment is your motive for following NorwichthenI suggest you go watch a circus instead.  

[quote user="Wiz"]

Drive the bugger out!

[/quote]

What a quite odious remark to make

I should imagine though it took you all your time to use the word bugger

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Wiz"]

Drive the bugger out!

[/quote]

[/quote]Form in this area....

That is quite an illuminating thread, one in which we are urged by this troll (wiz) - How to hurt Smith!   (Delia)  with the advice to "give her hell"

I can only imagine what would be the bleating from the troll were it to be us urging the same attacks upon him. I think the quote from the linked thread probably says it all (nothing has changed in 5 years, still the same hate of our club, officials and players)

"1st Wizard is a cowardly cretin who constantly stirs up sh¡t from the anonymity of his home without a thought for anything else but his own pathetic and skewed sense of self importance"

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Wiz"]

Drive the bugger out!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Form in this area....
[/quote]

Hmm? a 5 years old post.................but I''m still pretty proud of it all the same!

[quote user="Wiz"]Hmm? a 5 years old post.................but I''m still pretty proud of it all the same![/quote]Why would you be proud of a thread entitled "How to hurt Smith"?She''s still there and more popular than ever so the only one who''s hurting must be you!

proud of this remark in that thread as well ?

"And I''ve never cheated at cooking............or made a pile out of doing so!"

I presume you have evidence of that rather libellous claim, I''m sure we will all be interested to read of this evidence you have. In the meantime perhaps you can also tell us all how we should ''drive out this bugger'' ie what methods do you advocate ? Hawk over the hall of fame as previously you claimed you were tempted to do. However. what ever methods you decide upon I am certain that you will have very, very few followers (bar different login names on here) if any.

Chris Hughton is a decent and honourable man, most City fans are in the main decent folk also and whatever their views of his management abilities (pro or against) we do not drive anyone out, nor refer to them as a bugger.

If you were in touch and in contact with genuine City fans you would not have misjudged the mood so badly here yet again, as with a previous abd odious campaign of attack upon Delia Smith.

The board will decide who is our manager, not some trouble making troll.

What a steaming pile of spoilt little brat rubbish.If we were attacking all the time, would we have more points?  No certainty of that at all!We have become harder to beat and have the best quality defence we have ever had.  We struggled to get a quality striker in during January, but we won''t in the summer if we stay up, giving us more options than the declining Holt, makeshift Kamara or never good enough Becchio.If at the start of the season someone had said to you "It won''t be pretty this season but we will be 8 points of relegation with 9 to play" you would, if you are honest, bitten their hand off.So why act like a child now because you have not been "entertained" enough?Grow up and support your team - we have a very average squad yet through some dirty work we will have money to spend in the top division next season - thanks to Chris Hughton.[quote user="CJ"]Sorry but we are sleep walking into a disaster either this season or next . Ch has no idea how to create an entertaining side and I am pretty certain a new manager could get us attacking and entertaining.

Is there any point staying in this league if every game we approach it like we are the underdogs from a lower league.

I know will get loads of stick but fed up hearing how skillful other sides are .

It has got to stage where our strikers get nose bleed when they get in oppos box and snatch at any chances. It is only when the players forget managers script as against Everton that we do anything!

Sorry but this is meant to be entertaining how could anyone describe this as such[/quote]

[quote user="City1st"]

I presume you have evidence of that rather libellous claim, I''m sure we will all be interested to read of this evidence you have. In the meantime perhaps you can also tell us all how we should ''drive out this bugger'' ie what methods do you advocate ? Hawk over the hall of fame as previously you claimed you were tempted to do. However. what ever methods you decide upon I am certain that you will have very, very few followers (bar different login names on here) if any.

Chris Hughton is a decent and honourable man, most City fans are in the main decent folk also and whatever their views of his management abilities (pro or against) we do not drive anyone out, nor refer to them as a bugger.

If you were in touch and in contact with genuine City fans you would not have misjudged the mood so badly here yet again, as with a previous abd odious campaign of attack upon Delia Smith.

[/quote]

[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/drunk-irish-048.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/drunk-irish-048.gif[/IMG]

Every game that Norwich has won or drawn aside, Hughton has lost every single game! That''s a dreadful record and he should go now. How can a manager lose every game that we haven''t won or drawn and still be at this club?? Lambert was far better, at least he would win the games we didn''t lose or draw but not Hughton, no. Furthermore, The games Norwich win or lose aside, Hughton''s only managed a draw. That''s pathetic! I think he should go all out for the win.If every club below us wins every game, even when they play each other, then we''re dead certs. to go down.What an awful season. COme back Gunn, all is forgiven!

"Yarmy" Lambert jumped ship on the basis we had no chance of staying up. The premier league had not sussed out NCFC it had sussed out Lambert. With the players wew were aiming to put out this year under Lambert we would have been sunk without trace.

Like it or not based on purchase power we are the smallest club in the premier. Staying up will push us upto the likes of Wigan. 4 years of prem football and we will be upto the mid table placings of Stoke. Alex Ferguson would have struggled to keep us up this year on our budget and the lack of quality we had inherited ( defence  wise at least ) Our star players are now Bassong / Turner / Snodgrass / Garrido / Tetty all signed by Hughton.

Whilst we are moving towards a position of sustainability on the budgets available any manager that can keep us up deserves credit. Football is simply about success for clubs with our budget if you want entertainment we would need to be relegated.

Some of our fans because of their attitude towards what must be done to stay up are making our club a laughing stock amongst the rest of the premiership. (quote)

As this thread seems to be going on and on I think more people should read Yarmy''s post which I fully agree with.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"] The premier league had not sussed out NCFC it had sussed out Lambert. With the players we were aiming to put out this year under Lambert we would have been sunk without trace.

[/quote]

Thanks for bumping it, I missed it first time, this line in particular is proving difficult to disagree with.