Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Time to get decent manager

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I am entertained by how resolute our defence has become and how we counter attack

[/quote]Haven''t seen much attacking, counter or otherwise, for a long while now[quote user="refjezdavies"]A win next week v Sunderland and we''re there I think.[/quote]And how are we going to win when we never threaten to score

Jas, I get what you are saying and I don''t particularly want to go back to the dark days of div 1 though once lambert came in and the ride began I did tend to forget who we were beating and just enjoy the beating as it were. We are never going to amount to much in the prem i am afraid and anyone who thinks we will are delusional ! Mid table mediocrity I find hard to stomach as an achievement even though that is our aim.

When I am paying my £160 to watch us play I always feel better driving home if we have won even if it''s Scunthorpe or Leeds.

We''re never going to do much with Hughton. It''s obvious he''s a Championship manager. That 10 game run aside we''ve looked completely out of our depth (and how lucky were we in many of the games in that run?)

Hughton has zero idea how to change a game. Formation wise, tactically, personnel. He''s out of his depth.

We did needlessly restrict ourselves when McNally said we''d only get a manager with Premier League experience.

[quote user="Xavid Fox"]How dare anybody criticise Hughton.

Anyone would think he''s turned us into the most boring team in the league.

Oh wait....

He has[/quote]You f*cking idiot.Reading have scored a lot more than us...Compare the two league positions please...

Looks like I''ve strolled into the madhouse.

I''ll leave you chaps to it.

P.S remember to swallow your pills before beddy-byes

This is the same Reading side who we played earlier in the season and didn''t show any attacking intent towards at all.

I''m an idiot for wanting my team to show some attacking ambition once in a while? How dare I be so demanding

[quote user="Xavid Fox"]This is the same Reading side who we played earlier in the season and didn''t show any attacking intent towards at all.

I''m an idiot for wanting my team to show some attacking ambition once in a while? How dare I be so demanding[/quote]Would you rather be in Reading''s position...or ours?Let me rephrase that.. would you rather be 9 points clear or 4 adrift?

Why are you comparing us to Reading? Your argument doesn''t even make sense.

Unless you have a crystal ball you have no idea what league position we''d be in if we were a more adventurous side.

Unless I''m not mistaken, we had a better goal difference last season when we had a worse defensive record. The best form of attack is defence

[quote user="Xavid Fox"]Why are you comparing us to Reading? Your argument doesn''t even make sense.

Unless you have a crystal ball you have no idea what league position we''d be in if we were a more adventurous side.

Unless I''m not mistaken, we had a better goal difference last season when we had a worse defensive record. The best form of attack is defence[/quote]I''m comparing Reading because they have scored more goals and according to  the likes of you goal scoring = entertainment!

Thickle fan time.

We loose or draw and it''s burn the manager at the stake time we win and everybody sets sights on how high we can now finish.

I hate teams who don''t give there managers the chance or the time to do things their way.

I''m not making comparissons but fergie was reportedly within a couple of games of sack at utd, moyes has come out and said it took him time to get his teams playing the way he wanted.

As a club we need to support our manager whether we find the football entertaining or not and give him time to put together the team he wants .

Knee jerk managerial sackings never benefit a football club and when it is looking likely we are going to survive I''m pretty sure asking CH would draw criticism from every corner of the the football community in this country and be seen in the same way as the odd Southampton sacking earlier in the season.

Germany won championships playing dull defensive football and that got put down to good tactics, if you need guaranteed entertainment every Saturday may I suggest you go to the circus because football can''t always be that way.

I think the style of play under CH will improve season on season and with the continued backing of the board and fans we will flourish under this manager but just hope the pressure of some short sighted doesn''t force this manager out because it could prove to be a costly mistake.

Get a grip because half of you are more negative than the managers tactics.

Xavid Fox -How dare anybody criticise Hughton.

Anyone would think he''s turned us into the most boring team in the league.

Oh wait....

He hasGrant Holt''s 3 year contract -- You f*cking idiot.Reading have scored a lot more than us...Compare the two league positions please...__________________________________________________________________________This....!!!If NCFC had to choose again, I''d still be happy with Hughton. Question :: How many times did we needlessly give the ball away today?Follow-up question :: So is that a defensive minded tactical plan impacting the technical ability of the players, or is it the technical ability of the players showing itself as to why we need a defensive minded tactical plan?And as for those of you who would rather be watching NCFC play in the Championship or League 1, as long as they''re ''winning'', you need to put down the crack pipe and WAKE UP!!!! NCFC are achieving amazing things in the premier league with a financial model that is air-tight and a squad that was put together on a shoe-string budget. If you don''t get that, then you''re reckless and short sighted.I don''t care if we draw every game 0-0 for the rest of the season. SURVIVAL is the name of the game for this season. I''ll take SURVIVAL over ENTERTAINMENT during any game this season. If it looks the same during the 2014-15 season, then I''ll change my tune. Yes, I''d even give Hughton another season like this one, if it meant SURVIVAL and thus, STABILITY in the prem.

Yes lets get rid of him with 9 games left. That makes tremendous sense.

Why on earth would our club look to deliberately destabilise itself by sacking a manager who is delivering pretty much what I am sure he was told to deliver this year - premiership status

I trust McNally and the board to make the right appointment. Then I expect them to give the man they selected enough time to build his own team.

I am not happy with the lack of goals we''ve scored - but I''d be a lot less happy with us staring relegation in the face - especially with the way the financial situation should look next year if we do stay up

Clubs who chop and change managers at the drop of a hat usually end up going nowhere fast - the man''s been in charge for 9 months for crying out loud.

I want to see a better team next year, better players brought in, better football being played...what the hell maybe a cup run and some youth players coming through would be nice too. Not going to happen if we knock the foundations down every time we have a poor run of results.

One final point in this tirade before I go for my Ovaltine....the players might - I say just might - find it easier to play with a little less tension if the fans actually gave them some vocal backing. The negativity around Carrow Road at times this afternoon was not really very healthy. Some idiot near me was screaming abuse at Pilkington for not chasing the ball when it was obvious to everyone with any sort of functioning eyes or brain matter that he was injured and about to limp off.

OK - rant over...off to lie down and watch the snow falling out of the window

Man who stares at goats...

100% agree, we need to construct a team which is established in premier league and chopping and changing managers year after year never allows stability thus never leaving the manager with a team full of players which are 100% his choice.

For god sake lets give this manager the time he needs because he will be a success at this club given the support.

Man Who Stares At Goats:" Follow-up question :: So is that a defensive minded tactical plan impacting the technical ability of the players, or is it the technical ability of the players showing itself as to why we need a defensive minded tactical plan?"

Couldn''t of put it better myself.

Damn that hughton for telling the players to give the ball away. That truly is negative.

[quote user="Xavid Fox"]This is the same Reading side who we played earlier in the season and didn''t show any attacking intent towards at all.

I''m an idiot for wanting my team to show some attacking ambition once in a while? How dare I be so demanding[/quote]

I am really curious about this alleged lack of attacking intent I keep hearing about. Its the same as the alleged negativity.

I have never seen us get the ball and refuse to attack. Today every time we got the ball we took it forward. We weren''t very good at attacking but at no time did we get the ball and just take it into defence and refuse to attack. We are always looking to attack so what exactly are you talking about?

"Clubs who chop and change managers at the drop of a hat usually end up going nowhere fast - the man''s been in charge for 9 months for crying out loud

How long was Gunn here - and where did we end up going ?

"SURVIVAL is the name of the game for this season"

Get off your knees and stop grovelling - we didn''t crawl along the gutter last season and I see no reason to do so now

Rubbish. He inherited a championship quality squad who over achieved last season. His signings have by and large excelled particularly the defence. He knows what he is doing.This summer with the cash available he will move players on and replace them with better quality

Our current squad is loaded with league one and championship calibre players. I don’t think Chris Hughton trusts them to play flowing Prem-standard football hence he is over-cautious tactically. Providing we stay in this league I think we’ll see more Garrido/Tettey/Bassong types being recruited into the midfield and striker positions.  

Halfway through next season will be the earliest to judge how it’s going…

Lambert jumped ship on the basis we had no chance of staying up. The premier league had not sussed out NCFC it had sussed out Lambert. With the players wew were aiming to put out this year under Lambert we would have been sunk without trace.

Like it or not based on purchase power we are the smallest club in the premier. Staying up will push us upto the likes of Wigan. 4 years of prem football and we will be upto the mid table placings of Stoke. Alex Ferguson would have struggled to keep us up this year on our budget and the lack of quality we had inherited ( defence  wise at least ) Our star players are now Bassong / Turner / Snodgrass / Garrido / Tetty all signed by Hughton.

Whilst we are moving towards a position of sustainability on the budgets available any manager that can keep us up deserves credit. Football is simply about success for clubs with our budget if you want entertainment we would need to be relegated.

Some of our fans because of their attitude towards what must be done to stay up are making our club a laughing stock amongst the rest of the premiership.

[quote user="City1st"]

"Clubs who chop and change managers at the drop of a hat usually end up going nowhere fast - the man''s been in charge for 9 months for crying out loud

Get off your knees and stop grovelling - we didn''t crawl along the gutter last season and I see no reason to do so now

[/quote]

City 1st, on my knees and grovelling? I would hate to see where NCFC would be with your short-sighted and disconnected perspective would have us in the league. Which surprises me, since usually your comments are spot on. Did you honestly think we were going to go balls to the wall every game and risk missing a third season in the premier league, with the new TV deal financing on the horizon, simply to ''entertain''?The premier league is a fair reflection of society, with the haves and the have nots. NCFC is a ''have not'' team. If you think otherwise, then your simply off-base. We are fighting for scraps and doing a damn good job with what we have within an environment where 2/3rds of our competition outgun us on paper. I for one am more proud that NCFC will be debt free next season by staying in the premier league; more so than the style or manner with which we achieve that goal. We can focus on style points next season.I know your intelligent, City 1st, so with the assumption that McNally gave the Hughton the charge to achieve premier league status for next season, what would your tactical plan be for NCFC?

I am prepared to give Hughton the start of next season to improve the dross that''s being served up this season. But I have serious reservations about whether Hughton''s mindset can change. Listening to every post match press conference he is always bigging up the opposition, I don''t want the Norwich manager, the Norwich players, or the fans to ever be over awed by our opposition and that, I fear, is exactly what Chris Hughton''s mindset currently is, and as a result that has been transferred to the players.

In terms of who could replace him, well here''s a few reasonable (and perhaps unreasonable) names that I wouldn''t mind:

Gianfranco Zola

Roberto Di Matteo

Marcelo Bielsa

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

There''s 4 for a start...

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

City1st I think the Gunn situation actually illustrates my point. One manager gets the sack, is replaced by another who then has to try to work with his predecessor''s players, who is then replaced by another manager etc etc etc

If you turnover your manager (and by extension your coaching team and backroom staff) frequently you end up with an unstable mess

I love Gunny and wonder if he might have made a manager if he had been given the time to work up to it within a proper succession plan and not just dumped in as a ''caretaker'' and then confirmed in post. If we''re honest he never had a chance.

As for survival - that''s not my word and not one I like to use, but yes - staying up is the only game in town this season. I think we underestimate the importance of momentum to Paul Lambert''s success last year. He hasnt got that at Villa - and is finding it hugely difficult to create any this season. Last year we had momentum, and managed to live off that for enough of the season to get enough points.

We''re not no our knees - we''ve beaten Man U, Arsenal Spurs at CR this season and only been beaten at home by Liverpool and Man City. YEs we are not scoring enough goals - nobody would dispute that. I would however dispute that the best way to improve that is by sacking the manager. Realism isn''t the same thing as gutter crawling

Heh even commentators said todays game wasnt negative and both teams had intention of attack. Normaly they give a rant about how poor lower table teams are if they draw ^^

It is funny that people keep crying, crying and crying once again when Hughton is doing just what they are asking for. Todays game was open and it just proved again that people here who have cried for early changes and 442 have been utterly wrong.

In my opinion Hughton made today tactical error, but I dont want him to leave because of that. Sir Alex and Mourinho are doing errors once in a while.

It is kind a sad that people moan, but they dont really offer realistic reasons what Hughton is doing wrong and when they do Hughton has always proved them wrong.

We lack depth and quality at the moment for the game Hughton is trying to implent. Tetteys injury was bigger blow than we thought and as Surman is out we dont even have other winger than Pilkington for left side as Bennet really dont play comfortable there.

Still we defend well and if you dont watch two previous games our team pass well and play quite fancy football to be honest.

I know brittish are used for straightforward game and imo long balls are 80''s so I''m glad we got rid of Lambert and modernised our game to this century ^^

Hughton has done great job thus far and again we got a point against side that is below us. Losing that game for even more open game plan would have been disaster. Now can live our lives like that game never happened.

In my opinion and I would be quite sure in professional opinion we have already decent manager. World''s best managers are usually considered quite dull by their style of game, so dont know why we are crying about the quality of manager ^^