Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Time to get decent manager

Sorry but we are sleep walking into a disaster either this season or next . Ch has no idea how to create an entertaining side and I am pretty certain a new manager could get us attacking and entertaining.

Is there any point staying in this league if every game we approach it like we are the underdogs from a lower league.

I know will get loads of stick but fed up hearing how skillful other sides are .

It has got to stage where our strikers get nose bleed when they get in oppos box and snatch at any chances. It is only when the players forget managers script as against Everton that we do anything!

Sorry but this is meant to be entertaining how could anyone describe this as such

I am entertained by how resolute our defence has become and how we counter attack

Hughton is an improvement on lambert simply because his impact and philosophy will be much more long lasting and effective than lambert, I think patience is definitely the key

Had we won today and drawn v Everton there would have been no complaints as it is we have the same amount of points with a different situation

Long way to go but we''re on course to finish where we need to be and we''ll reassess the situation next season, I understand your frustrations and I share them however the manager is doing what he has been employed to do and currently is on course to achieve his target

A win next week v Sunderland and we''re there I think.

[quote user="CJ"]Sorry but we are sleep walking into a disaster either this season or next . Ch has no idea how to create an entertaining side and I am pretty certain a new manager could get us attacking and entertaining. Is there any point staying in this league if every game we approach it like we are the underdogs from a lower league. I know will get loads of stick but fed up hearing how skillful other sides are . It has got to stage where our strikers get nose bleed when they get in oppos box and snatch at any chances. It is only when the players forget managers script as against Everton that we do anything! Sorry but this is meant to be entertaining how could anyone describe this as such[/quote]

Nail on head for me.[Y]

Drive the bugger out!

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I am entertained by how resolute our defence has become and how we counter attack

Hughton is an improvement on lambert simply because his impact and philosophy will be much more long lasting and effective than lambert, I think patience is definitely the key

Had we won today and drawn v Everton there would have been no complaints as it is we have the same amount of points with a different situation

Long way to go but we''re on course to finish where we need to be and we''ll reassess the situation next season, I understand your frustrations and I share them however the manager is doing what he has been employed to do and currently is on course to achieve his target

A win next week v Sunderland and we''re there I think.[/quote]agree with all of this... The squad we currently have simply isn''t up to attacking football... Hughton imo is showing how good a manager he is by making us "scrappers".. if thats what it takes for a season or 2 then fine! i aint complaining! when the time comes to play like Spain then we will have the squad in place to attack attack attack.. but until then we continue to improve and build.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="refjezdavies"]I am entertained by how resolute our defence has become and how we counter attack

A win next week v Sunderland and we''re there I think.[/quote]agree with all of this... The squad we currently have simply isn''t up to attacking football... Hughton imo is showing how good a manager he is by making us "scrappers".. if thats what it takes for a season or 2 then fine! i aint complaining! when the time comes to play like Spain then we will have the squad in place to attack attack attack.. but until then we continue to improve and build.

[/quote]Erm...............................

[quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="refjezdavies"]I am entertained by how resolute our defence has become and how we counter attack

[/quote]Erm...............................[/quote]thank you for your valid reasoning and counter argument, we will debate your point for the rest of the evening....go on then.. why isn''t it?

"The squad we have isnt up to attacking football" and yet last season we were one of the highest scorers in the league! I suggest its the manager that isnt up to attacking football.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="refjezdavies"]I am entertained by how resolute our defence has become and how we counter attack

[/quote]Erm...............................[/quote]thank you for your valid reasoning and counter argument, we will debate your point for the rest of the evening....go on then.. why isn''t it?[/quote]Erm...............................

[quote user="JF"]"The squad we have isnt up to attacking football" and yet last season we were one of the highest scorers in the league! I suggest its the manager that isnt up to attacking football.[/quote]a squad that had an entirely different make up to it... Zak whitbread, Adam Drury, Simon Lappin, Simeon Jackson...how many of those would you swap for Garrido, Bassong, Tettey, whittaker, and Kamara?

[quote user="CJ"]Sorry but we are sleep walking into a disaster either this season or next . Ch has no idea how to create an entertaining side and I am pretty certain a new manager could get us attacking and entertaining.

Is there any point staying in this league if every game we approach it like we are the underdogs from a lower league.

I know will get loads of stick but fed up hearing how skillful other sides are .

It has got to stage where our strikers get nose bleed when they get in oppos box and snatch at any chances. It is only when the players forget managers script as against Everton that we do anything!

Sorry but this is meant to be entertaining how could anyone describe this as such[/quote]You seem to be suggesting that we only win games when the players forget the manager has told them not to win.Do you honestly think Hughton tells the team "come on lads, let''s go out and DRAW THIS ONE FOR THE FANS!"Anyway, come on then.Name the manager you would like to see take over from Hughton.

Step back, look at the big picture, at the start of this season would you not have taken 13th at this stage of the season? It aint pretty (at the moment) but project survival is nearing completion. Look at mega bucks QPR, Villa etc all clubs with deeper pockets, and more experienced managers....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="JF"]"The squad we have isnt up to attacking football" and yet last season we were one of the highest scorers in the league! I suggest its the manager that isnt up to attacking football.[/quote]a squad that had an entirely different make up to it... Zak whitbread, Adam Drury, Simon Lappin, Simeon Jackson...how many of those would you swap for Garrido, Bassong, Tettey, whittaker, and Kamara?

[/quote]Can''t compute...............

Jas i fail to see how listing defensive players backs up your arguement about the attack? If anything have better defenders this season should give the attackers more freedom but the manager is restraining them.

Haven''t we been "sleepwalking into a disaster" all season by the account of many on here? And yet we''re still 13th with only 9 games to go and all but safe. Where exactly would a ''decent'' manager have us in the league at this point in time?

Interesting Daily Mail article with Moyes today that I mentioned in the match thread. He basically said that when he first came to Everton he had to play quite boring football because of the players he had. He also said that virtually every manager looks at the players they''ve got and matches their ''philosophy'' to what suits the players at their disposal.

He then went on to say that in the last year or two, he has had quicker defenders to work with so can play higher, can afford to let his full backs go roaming, has better passers of the ball who can retain throughout the entire side and so can maybe afford to have an extra attacking player or two in the line up.

Seems similar to Houghton to me. Dealt with the defence - and take a couple of capitulations against the top top sides out and our defence has been far, far superior to how it was last year - and I imagine in the summer we''ll address another area, either more out and out pace in the midfield and upfront or better ball retention etc. ''Rome wasn''t built in a day'' and all that, but Houghton has begun to lay the foundations with the defence this year.

quite possibly JF, but 13th in the league (joint 10th if you want to quibble) and 9 points clear of the drop.. why should we need to be attacking?surely its mission accomplished?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]quite possibly JF, but 13th in the league (joint 10th if you want to quibble) and 9 points clear of the drop.. why should we need to be attacking?surely its mission accomplished?[/quote]Erm..................................

I like Joss.. what he brings to this forum is for all to behold.. perhaps Wiz could learn a tip or 2 from him?

"Why should we need to be attacking" because we are not safe yet and football is about scoring goals, you get 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw, you do the maths! If we set out this way next season we will go down.

I want to watch Norwich win simple as.

I am sorry but I do not enjoy it at the moment.

If we stay up then I pray Hughton plays more attacking next season with the millions we get.

Jas, a question would you be happy with this style of play and results if we managed to stay in the prem every year ?

I know I am in the minority but matches like Derby two seasons ago in the champ will live a lot longer in the memory that the dross I witnessed today.

Maybe the journey was better than the end ?

Chris Hughton will never have us playing exciting football. This is how it will be with him in charge. Forget glass half-empty, the poor guy hasn''t even got a glass. He''s just completely negative and treats every opponent as though they''re Barcelona. We played one of the worst teams in the league today and didn''t even go for it, we were actually outplayed. And I''m sick to death if him saying after the game "they''re a good side". So are we when you''re not scared of the opposition.

Surely no-one can find much fault with Hughton''s signings?

Turner was MoM again for me today

Bassong is my POTS

Snodgrass shows the limitations of Pilks

The move to bring in Bunn (which many questioned - including me at the time) I think now looks like the single most important move that will keep in the Prem

Kamara - looks like a strong addition - although some people need to calm down a bit about him I think

The key fpr any manager has to be that they recruit wisely - hasnt CH done just that?

We play with a game plan and tactics that match the current first 11 - when the midfielders change then I expect the tactics will too.

My question to those who want to see the back of CH would be what do you think any other manager would do with our players? I still think Lambert got through year 1 on momentum, and would have relegated us this year.

Still want to see Fox get a few games though!

[quote user="Firedawg"]

Jas, a question would you be happy with this style of play and results if we managed to stay in the prem every year ? [/quote]in all honesty.. Yes!lets counter it the other way.. would you rather we went for it and attacked the hell out of teams every week but were struggling near the bottom of league 2 as a result?

[quote user="Xavid Fox"]Chris Hughton will never have us playing exciting football. This is how it will be with him in charge. Forget glass half-empty, the poor guy hasn''t even got a glass. He''s just completely negative and treats every opponent as though they''re Barcelona. We played one of the worst teams in the league today and didn''t even go for it, we were actually outplayed. And I''m sick to death if him saying after the game "they''re a good side". So are we when you''re not scared of the opposition.[/quote]This.

Interesting no one has come up with a managers name to replace Hughton !!! Why ???  Theres no one any better who is 1 Available  2  A better manager than Hughton who would leave their currant job and come to Norwich.When Hughton keeps us up its job well done . If Lambert had stayed and we were in the same position i doubt he would be getting the slagging off Hughton is getting.Lets see what the summer and next season brings before we write Hughton off

90% of this season has been painful to watch. I dont know how Hughton managed to turn an attacking team that "went for it" every week just about under Lambert to this shower of  $hit that im paying good money to watch week in week out!! expand the ground.... not on your nelly i bet the season list que''s dropped a bit since end of last season. YAWN anyway im  off to finish my sleep i started at the ground today

football is about entertainment and i''ve never been so bored going down to carrow road every week.

we''ve scored in 2 of our last EIGHT games

let that sink in. it''s a disgusting stat.