Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Congratulations, Luton Town

I''ll leave the sackcloth and ashes for the other threads.Well played.  You embarrassed us with your energy, commitment and work rate and nobody can say you didn''t deserve to win.Good luck in the next round, hope you draw a big side and get the funding your club needs.We can focus on staying in the Premier League now, and hopefully Leon Barnett will be sold fairly quickly.

Yep,well done lads. Don''t mind Luton to be honest and hope they get a home draw and a big lot of tv cash.

Well, on that performance you''d grace the Championship far more handsomely than Peterborough. Thought you were energetic, composed & classy.We are trying to do it by numbers, & it''s not good enough. We need a flash of inspiration. And a bit more bloody muscle.

yep fair play to them

you should have been destroyed by an attacking pressurising premier league second stringinstead you got a pass to the next round by a sideways passing chris hughton team with no fkn clue how to score goals

but you worked hard and you cant knock that

Yep. Well done. We now have a major confidence problem to resolve. Need to get back on the horse soon or it might bolt.

Absolutely agree Mister Chops. Luton Town you''ve just earned the right to be in the next round. We just looked every bit like we expected it - simply not good enough. Good luck with a nice home draw to get some funds, and hopefully you get a tasty Prem club visit!

As for us agree that Barnett is as good as gone. If we stay up then in the summer need to clear out the dead wood in Ward and Barnett, and bring in some others to backup Ayala (if we keep him).

I think R. Bennett shew today the leadership and calmness that Lambert saw a quality player in him. I think he''s going to be a massive talent in the years to come for us, but he''s not quite there yet. A couple of blank moments (playing next to the erratics of Barnett probably doesn''t help..) that eventually led to them getting the chance to score. Other than that it''s evident the quality is there, we just need to hone it.

As for Rudd, no chance with the goal but another decent outing. Is he really not a better prospect than Camp? If we don''t get him out on loan I can''t see the logic in that one.

Poor E. Bennett puts in another decent shift but never really had the chance to run at players due to the slow tempo we played - and then put in some brilliant crosses to no-one, because Kane is a waste of space. I''ve no doubt he''s going to be a good player in the future, he''s just not the hungry goalscorer we need that''s going to throw themselves about. Ditto for Jackson really, I love the guy, simply not composed enough for the Prem league.

And once again we''re shown that Holt is everything to our team. We only started to play better after his introduction.

One last point is that I still cannot work out the benefits of playing Howson. He must be the most boring midfielder I''ve seen in years. He looks very, very average - and despite his array of passing I must say Fox was pretty quiet too. The pairing of the two of them wouldn''t scare any team I should think!

I appreciate that Chopski [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

And everybody else [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

We (City) have a hell of a task ahead - Hughton seems to have lost the dressing room.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''ll leave the sackcloth and ashes for the other threads.Well played.  You embarrassed us with your energy, commitment and work rate and nobody can say you didn''t deserve to win.Good luck in the next round, hope you draw a big side and get the funding your club needs.We can focus on staying in the Premier League now, and hopefully Leon Barnett will be sold fairly quickly.[/quote]

Brutal truth is much much worse - they (Luton) were in fact absolute sh*t and we were far far worse...total embarrassment. Howson, Ryan Bennett, Surman, Barnett, Kane - hang your heads in shame and give your wages to charity as you dont deserve them

[quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I''ll leave the sackcloth and ashes for the other threads.Well played.  You embarrassed us with your energy, commitment and work rate and nobody can say you didn''t deserve to win.Good luck in the next round, hope you draw a big side and get the funding your club needs.We can focus on staying in the Premier League now, and hopefully Leon Barnett will be sold fairly quickly.[/quote]

Brutal truth is much much worse - they (Luton) were in fact absolute sh*t and we were far far worse...total embarrassment. Howson, Ryan Bennett, Surman, Barnett, Kane - hang your heads in shame and give your wages to charity as you dont deserve them[/quote]You forgot Fox!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]
Well played.  You embarrassed us with your energy, commitment and work rate and nobody can say you didn''t deserve to win.

Good luck in the next round, hope you draw a big side and get the funding your club needs.

[/quote]

I fully agree with that.

Yeah credit to Luton.

They deserved the win, they had a game plan and it worked. When you are up against a team with less quality you really need to exploit that, Luton defended the whole pitch well, but we just didn''t really turn it up a gear.

Game could have been different if that Barnett chance had gone in, could have even had a penalty in injury time.

Quite glad we''re out in a way, means we don''t get anymore false hope like a QF at home to a team we completely outplayed away from home earlier in the season, only to lose 4-1...