Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Hughton out Adkins in please!

Actually, without even being reactionary or anything... I would like Adkins... [:$] Am I a heathen?

For the first time I agree with Hughton out now, my biggest problem is how we stand off teams and just sit back to defend now instead of pressing and getting in teams faces which was brilliant to watch and got us results under Lambert. Adkins has a similar management style and would be perfect for us!

Why on earth would you want Adkins in?

This is a manager who was sacked despite seemingly doing a good job. Doesn''t that tell you something?

No, not Hughton out. We are still 7 points of relegation zone, we''ll still sign a couple players before the deadline, we''ll still stay up.

Utter Tosh.

Look at those centre backs - absolute rubbish today, can''t pass, can''t defend.

If you wan''t Lamberts legacy have a look at the players he signed last.

Howson and R.Bennett. How on earth the latter is a club record fee I don''t know.

Then look at E.Bennett, full of pace and promise and one of the better performers but premiership? That''s why he isn''t in the team more often.

I hope everyone calling for Fox saw what he can do today. Play the ball but not dominate a midfield.

That''s as far as I will take it. Very few players came out of today with any kind of grace.

Special mention for Holt, Garrido, Surman and Martin and poor Rudd. I think we could loose the rest on that performance and hardly miss them (that doesn''t include Hoolahan and Pilkington who came on and despite huge efforts couldn''t bail water quick enough to stop the sinking ship).

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why on earth would you want Adkins in?

This is a manager who was sacked despite seemingly doing a good job. Doesn''t that tell you something?

No, not Hughton out. We are still 7 points of relegation zone, we''ll still sign a couple players before the deadline, we''ll still stay up.[/quote]
Adkins was sacked unfairly GP, the whole world and their grandmas know that. Those four wins seem like a bit of a stretch now. As for signing some players before deadline day, that seems a bit of a stretch now too... who''d want to join a prem team that got beat by non-league?

Not a fan of Adkins - but I''d support this to get a manager in who is positive. Hope it happens tonight and we don''t let him squander the transfer budget.

No, not Hughton out. We are still 7 points of relegation zone, we''ll still sign a couple players before the deadline, we''ll still stay up.[/quote]

It''s next season under Hughton with this style of football that concerns me! If we had good management we wouldn''t need even more new players from what we signed in the summer to stay up.

[quote user="LADSOFLUTON"]YOU ARE GOING DOWN NO MATTER WHAT MANAGER YOU HAVE! WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY CUNTS!!!!![/quote]
Do you know where the caps key is or are you just special?
It''s true we are going down though, but at least I don''t have to live in a shithole like Luton and I''ll never be as f*cking retarded as the likes of you...

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I''ve said it before, so much of Hughton is Roeder Mk.II[/quote]I must have missed the 48 loan players, our best player being frozen out of the side, two men up front, only attacking down one side of the pitch, the atmosphere of fear and lack of team spirit...

This is a manager who was sacked despite seemingly doing a good job. Doesn''t that tell you something?  [/quote]
Not really, what is it supposed to tell us? That Southampton''s directors are clueless?
I''m not calling for Hughton''s head just yet but we desperately need to start seeing some fight or a change of manager might be the only way to avoid the drop.

No Aggy, the Southampton directors aren''t clueless.

Do some background research, it appears Adkins wasn''t all that popular with the players, sanctioned a number of wasteful strikers, brought in two inept GKs, no real quality in defence (their best defender is a 17 year old full back...). And the fans don''t actually seem that bothered about him going, and have pretty much accepted the new guy.

Would rather have Lambert back than Adkins.

I said so much, not everything, Chops.

How about confusing tactics, negative play, bland say nothing interviews, obvious attitude that Norwich City is really too provincial for their background, poor or late or confusing substitutions, not freezing out but stifling our best player(s).

It was the same with Grant and the fact is, whoever takes the training this is the difference between having a MANAGER or a COACH in charge, and Hughton is a coach, full stop.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I''ve said it before, so much of Hughton is Roeder Mk.II[/quote]I must have missed the 48 loan players, our best player being frozen out of the side, two men up front, only attacking down one side of the pitch, the atmosphere of fear and lack of team spirit...[/quote]
Give it time, Hughton''s only been here half a season, in the summer when we are relegated, we will sell everyone decent like Hoolahan then stock up on Loanee''s and just before Christmas Hughton we''ll be sacked after losing  5-1 to Ipswich, we will then proceed to appoint Calderwood as manager who''ll take us down to League One and right back where we started, our opening game will be against Luton, which we will lose 8-1 [;)]
Okay I got a bit silly at the end but I don''t think it''s going to be that far from the truth [:P]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Lambert had the players playing above themselves. Hughton has got them all playing beneath themselves. I''ve said it before, so much of Hughton is Roeder Mk.II[/quote]

Do you think the team can do better than 13th?

I''m sure this has been mentioned in this thread but i can''t be bothered to read past the drivel.

But Hughtons had prem experience, Adkins has hardly had any - no thankyou stick with hughton unless we get into the relegation zone. (which won''t happen)

Lambert v Adkins not really the debate I was going after GP.

Most of the Southampton fans I''ve spoken to, or heard on the radio/read online, all felt pretty outraged by the sacking. Of course they''ve accepted the other guy, what else can they do? But it doesn''t mean they necessarily think it was right. Adkins getting sacked was ludicrous. I don''t necessarily want him here, but I don''t think his sacking tells me anything about his managerial style, only about their directors/board.

Adkins spent the 7th most of any team in Europe over the summer and his team were doing worse than us when he was sacked.

Stick the course with Hughton, it''s less than a week to the close of the transfer window so even if we did get rid we wouldn''t be able to get someone in who could analyse and find the players we need to bring in.

We''ve had 1 terrible month, before this we had two pretty great ones.