Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Disciplinary Topic

Why do certain people seem to be obsessed with this disciplinary thing and getting into Europe.  Our main concerns far outweigh getting into Europe and getting absolutely hammered in the first round that I cannot for the life of me worry about whether we get any bookings that would stop us getting there in the first place.  Even if we did get to the qualifying team stage we would then need to be drawn out of a bloody hat to get through. 

You''re probably talking about my comment. I just think that our disciplinary record has been really good since Christmas, which given some of our better results recently reflects well on the control of the players. BUT I don''t care about Europe because we would get wiped in the first round and it adds to the number of matches played in a season.

[quote]Why do certain people seem to be obsessed with this disciplinary thing and getting into Europe. Our main concerns far outweigh getting into Europe and getting absolutely hammered in the first round t...[/quote]

I agree - quite honestly i couldn''t give a fig about the discipline league

I''m more interested in the only league that matters

So what if we qualify for europe via the back door, who cares

Qualification for anything should be awarded on ability only, not because you''re nice

Pity we haven''t kicked a for more teams if it means getting points

I completely agree. Perhaps a few more tackles a bit more agression and wed have a few more points. Just like ips*** when they went down.. a couple of games against a works team from a Lithuanian condom factory does not make up for performances like todays. No bookings. no goals. no effort. no points.

[quote]I agree - quite honestly i couldn''t give a fig about the discipline league I''m more interested in the only league that matters So what if we qualify for europe via the back door, who cares Qualific...[/quote]

I''ve just had a feeling of déjà vu

It is a duff way to qualify, and the league is almost infinitely more important, but, as is looking more and more likely, we could well be playing in the Championship next year and that is a very bitter pill to swallow.Don''t you think it''d be good to have at least something to look forward to next season. Say what you will, but the scum enjoyed it in the UEFA and so did we in 93-4. I won''t say no to watching us play in Italy or somewhere.