Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

How is it?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]OVER-reaction isn''t a good thing. A reaction fine, not expecting anyone to be happy with today. It was shocking, like I already said. Its the OVER reaction I don''t like, hence the use of OVER. Everyone has a right to be really pissed off after that, I am. My point was some fans just are making it worse for me.[/quote]

Oh! Sorry ............Poor Fuc*ing you  !!!

Well, that''s the distraction of the cup over and we can focus on what''s important, the PL.

Where I take issue with Hughton is that he risked our top players today. What if Martin, Hoolahan, Pilkington, Garrido, Holt etc were injured today? Even the best outcome is that these players have been denied recovery time before Wednesday; the worst outcome is that they pick up injuries, their confidence is further damaged as is our reputation so important in helping to bring in new recruits.

I hope the majority on this board will finally appreciate the steep decline we are currently in. We must strengthen up front. We must do that this week. Otherwise, we shall be back in the Championship. Lambert''s legacy lost.

In response to ?

We looked good against Man.C. We were competent against Chelsea. (They had just won 8-0). We got a draw against Newcastle. Not great results or performances. But if you look at them in a different light, they aren''t really all that terrible

I''ll reiterate. Today was a shambles. Obviously last week was very poor as well, and after only drawing against Newcastle, a very poor away side this season, we really needed a response last week and/or today. We didn''t get it. I''m not in anyway trying to defend todays performance, or even our run of form.

But for me, I just can''t get as depressed and negative about football, and Norwich as some fans on here seem to be. I just don''t understand what the point of even bothering to talk about it if all you can do is see negatives. There are plenty of negatives, i''m not going to deny that, but if you can''t see the positives (ok, its not the easiest job in the world right now) then whats the point?

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Well done barclay seats. Gold star.[/quote]Please dont tell other people how to think...

K thanks.[/quote]

I gave him a gold star mate, what more could he ask for?

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Well done barclay seats. Gold star.[/quote]Please dont tell other people how to think...

K thanks.[/quote]

I gave him a gold star mate, what more could he ask for?[/quote]2 gold stars...

We''ll have to agree to disagree about those performances, GP. I hope that doesn''t make you feel any worse.

And no, clearly you don''t take it as seriously as some do. That''s fine, maybe even admirable in a way. But not everyone is the same, and some may have good reasons for resenting paying good money to watch that. That''s both football and humanity - people react to both success and defeat in different ways. We''re not automatons, we''re humans.

... With the possible exception of Banana, anyway. ;-)

You come across as an intelligent enough chap, GP. But just think about this a moment. You''re coming on an internet messageboard, intended for the sharing of opinions, and complaining about people having a different opinion on today''s debacle from your own.

That''s the logical equivalent of sticking your hand in a fire and complaining that you''ve been burned.

Absolutely agree, we were decent against Man City and Chelsea.But since then?We''re on a shocking run, not just of results but of performances. Today should have been a chance to get an emphatic win, build the confidence of the team and get the fans on side. Instead we were bloody awful and got dumped out of the cup by a non-league side. The problem is, on Wednesday we''ll line up again and I just don''t have any confidence that Hughton will get the team performing any better.IF we get stuffed on Wednesday, then something HAS to change, or that 7 point gap we have will be nothing but a memory come the end of the season.

[quote user="Simo8686"]You are far to postive ginger. Its not just today. Its the whole season. Hughtons play has been sh*t all season. We got lucky on that ten game run. [/quote]Can you really be "lucky" for ten games in a row including Man U & Arsenal?

? I have no problem with you having a different opinion.

And you''re second point, is exactly my thinking. Although I do take it very seriously, before I started reading what were in my opinion over the top, Hughton out immediately, we''re the worst team in history style posts I was quite upset and very very disappointed. Still very very disappointed but now i''m just bemused by some reactions.

Fair enough if some really think Hughton out is the solution, I can''t stop and don''t want to stop them from thinking that, I just don''t understand that point of view. And I feel some on here, and on twitter have really over reaction.

Seriously, i''m not trying to complain about people having a different opinion, I wouldn''t bother posting if that were the case. I''m aware that my posting style does sometimes result in my posts coming across that way, but its not my intention.

GP I try to keep an open mind and I definitely wouldn''t consider myself a kneejerk supporter, I look to consider the evidence over a sustained period.

Firstly I really don''t know why you think we have a chance against Spurs, of course every game is a new challenge and anything can happen, but based on recent performances, not just today, I will be pleasantly surprised if we show enough fight to get a point.

If you judge Hughton''s performance (in all respects) so far I think most would say he has done ok. But our current situation is worrying, for people to feel worried/angry like that has got nothing to do with whether your supporting the club or not. There is enough evidence of Hughton''s tenure for people to make their own decision as to whether they think he should be here or not. We have just seen an absolutely abject performance and a hugely embarrassing cup exit.

Whether I agree or not, I actually think at the half way season point people are well within their rights to be unhappy with the manager and suggesting they are not real supporters for doing so is condescending.

Those on this board that are permanently positive are starting to lose as much credibility as the abject moaners. The reality is we are in a position that could see us safe in a couple of months and could see us down by the end of the season. Which way Hughton will take us is up for debate but ultimately it is his and his management teams responsibility, not McNally and not the players.

Fair enough GP. That is how it was coming across, intended or otherwise. Apologies for getting it wrong though.

For what it''s worth i''m personally in agreement with you. Yes, we''re useless at the moment, but we have a good points cushion between us and the relegation zone and we''ve already shown this season that we can do much, much better than we''re currently playing. I''ve seen us lose to lower league sides far too many times over the years to be truly shocked by today, and i''ve seen us struggle after sacking a manager too many times to think replacing Hughton is the answer.

But each to their own, eh?

However, i have no idea why you''re bemused by the reaction, GP. This is the Pinkun forum, after all. Would you honestly expect anything different? ;-)

It all went wrong when ruddy got injured, we had a solid settled back 5 that were performing game after game and a solid spine through the middle of the team. Unfortunately we have been unlucky with injuries this season where last season we didn''t have anyone out for long spells. I don''t know who we have back against spurs but hopefully it''s a full side apart from ruddy. At the moment it''s really looking like the gunn injury and following relegation all over again. To. Quote a former manager we really need to get some players in to give the lads a hand!

Monty I agree that half way through a season is definitely a suitable time to decide wether you like a manager or not, but the Hughton out brigade, the large majority only really have popped their heads out after the Chelsea/Liverpool losses earlier in the season and after todays game.

Like you said most would say he''s done ok. Not a perfect job, but thats not really possible. I''m perfectly happy to accept people not rating him. But in my opinion, and I could be wrong, most of that kind of post on here and twitter is very knee jerk and over the top. But like I said, I could be wrong.

I''m not permanently positive, after watching today albeit on a stream and last week i''m definitely starting to worry about the possibility of relegation, and am of course very disappointed in those results and in the current form.

If you can point out a reasonable post explaining why Hughton isn''t the man for the job i''d love to read it, I want to understand that point of view, but like I said most of the people saying that, that i''ve seen seem very knee jerk and over the top. This forum is full of ''trolls'' and people trying to wind others up, so it wouldn''t surprise me if 90% of the Hughton out posts were from people like that, who don''t really think that. I''m not trying to question the support of anyone who is negative, that point was purely from my standpoint, that I can''t be as negative as some i''ve seen on here/twitter.

Good question, ?, why would I expect any different from the Pinkun ;)

And on another point, its quite funny really, how the ''negatives'' and ''positives'' both think the other side are in the wrong. We all (well, most, hopefully most anyway) support Norwich City. Its irrelevant how positive, negative or in the middle your personality is, wether it be related just to football or life in general, everyones opinion is as valid. Its just trying to work out who''s on a wind up, who''s over reacting/knee jerking for the sake of it and who''s thought about/serious about what they''ve said.

Its not really a case of liking him GP! You can like the man and still want him sacked! Its a good time to judge his effectiveness.

This board melts down after nearly every loss! (or bore draw!) But you can''t stop the feeling at the minute that amongst the hysteria the more level headed posters are seriously worried, and I''m starting to think quite rightly.

While I agree some are over the top you did give a whiff in your posts, rightly or wrongly, that anyone being negative is not supporting so I can understand the reaction you got.

I could probably write a good post on why he is not the man for the job, and equally a good one on why we should keep him. That''s because its not clear cut imo and its almost too late for a change to be effective if we wanted one anyway.

I think he is here for the rest of the season come what may, and i just hope he steps up to the job after recent weeks. There is much that can be improved upon and a new striker wont solve everything.... that''s not negativity, that''s my view of his whole tenure so far.

Yeah, sorry another case of me not wording my post properly. I obviously don''t mean that anyone negative doesn''t support the club, that would be stupid.

I think as long as we stay up (which I think we will, unless we lose to both Spurs and QPR, then I won''t be able to say that with any confidence) Hughton will be able to add to his previous signings, and hopefully 1/2/3 new ones he makes in next few days and have a whole squad he feels happy to work with, rather than a first team with a few extra that are just about good enough (my opinion of how he thinks, not my opinion on those back up players per se).