Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

How is it?

That after watching us lose to a non-league side, a heartbreaking performance and result, it can then be made to feel a hell of a lot worse looking at the reaction for a, well at the moment far to large proportion of our support?

Today was poor, horrible to watch, and hugely disappointing. Its the kind of result that makes you think you''d quite happily not watch football for a few weeks... But the fans on here and twitter, well some are just way way over the top and make it worse.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]That after watching us lose to a non-league side, a heartbreaking performance and result, it can then be made to feel a hell of a lot worse looking at the reaction for a, well at the moment far to large proportion of our support? Today was poor, horrible to watch, and hugely disappointing. Its the kind of result that makes you think you''d quite happily not watch football for a few weeks... But the fans on here and twitter, well some are just way way over the top and make it worse.[/quote]

You can''t make it any worse.

There are no words to describe how rubbish we were.

You need to understand the perspective. Today''s result has just been described as the biggest cup shock in over a quarter of a century. If Hughton keeps his job he will have been very lucky.

Had we just gone out of the cup at home say to Hull, then fair enough. It''s not a massive shock. But this is on a par with losing 7-1 to Colchester for me. Heads must roll.

You are far to postive ginger. Its not just today. Its the whole season. Hughtons play has been sh*t all season. We got lucky on that ten game run. He has taking a good attacking team. Made them worse defensively. He has no idea. I have a season ticket. I don t know if you do as your always on here but I will not renew if we keep playing this way

Well i have tried and tried to stick up for Hughton,as I''ve thought he was doing something good,but i have limits. Today was terrible and really embarrassing. I haven''t completely lost faith yet,but it is being eroded and if he doesn''t sort it out quick i will be joining the "outers".

Really fu*king depressed tonight.

great post GP...

I get a feeling the Norwich fans love to have a villian, last season it was Morison... not wow we doing so well we are 12th.

Second season, lets all pick on Lambert like some jealous lover who got dumped.

+ Morison, Jackson, Kane etc

We have to be the most depressing, moaning club in England... even Villa fans are more positive than us lot.

Ok then, completely serious question here, shall we just get relegated?

At least then we could play better football and win more games? Clearly just competing in the PL isn''t enough, so we might as well not be in it? (And thats not what I think, but surely it must be the ideal solution for many, as so many seem to be hating supporting Norwich at the moment)

I think a lot of those who are criticising Hughton heavily will calm down in time. It''s just after losing to a conference club, I think a lot of people are quite rightly angered.

You''ll still get some who want him out, but I think at the moment it''s a mix of apprehension for what the rest of the season holds following such a poor performance and general anger at how we got every aspect of today so wrong, from managerial decisions through to players not performing.

You were spot on first time, GP.Although its hugely embarrassing losing to Luton, its not the end of the world.Win on Wednesday and i suspect this will all be forgotten.

I think despite today and last week we have a great chance against Spurs.

We have done well against them in the last 3 games, and the players will be embarrassed after today and determined to bounce back. Hopefully.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]That after watching us lose to a non-league side, a heartbreaking performance and result, it can then be made to feel a hell of a lot worse looking at the reaction for a, well at the moment far to large proportion of our support?

Today was poor, horrible to watch, and hugely disappointing. Its the kind of result that makes you think you''d quite happily not watch football for a few weeks... But the fans on here and twitter, well some are just way way over the top and make it worse.[/quote]With the greatest of respect how do you expect us to react?No over-reaction from the fans at all. We were f*cking terrible.

OVER-reaction isn''t a good thing.

A reaction fine, not expecting anyone to be happy with today. It was shocking, like I already said. Its the OVER reaction I don''t like, hence the use of OVER.

Everyone has a right to be really pissed off after that, I am. My point was some fans just are making it worse for me.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think despite today and last week we have a great chance against Spurs.[/quote]

dude have you watched spurs recently? they will tear city a new one

Exactly. Gingerpele seems to be under the impression we just went out of the cup to a mid table Championship team. We did not. We just went out at home to a non-league team. The first time a top flight team has done this in over a quarter of a century. We are a laughing stock. This is the equivalent to losing 7-1 at home to Colchester. Abject and unforgivable.

I have to agree with you.

Over reacting without doubt. Win 3 or 4 league games in next few weeks and all the fans will be singing hughtons praises again and saying, ''i never wanted him out'' same ole story.

[quote user="technika"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I think despite today and last week we have a great chance against Spurs.[/quote]

dude have you watched spurs recently? they will tear city a new one[/quote]

You watch Arsenal before we played them? They were doing pretty well, in fact we were the start of their poor patch. Man.U were doing even better.

We''ve done it once, we are just as likely to do it again.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="technika"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I think despite today and last week we have a great chance against Spurs.[/quote]

dude have you watched spurs recently? they will tear city a new one
[/quote] You watch Arsenal before we played them? They were doing pretty well, in fact we were the start of their poor patch. Man.U were doing even better. We''ve done it once, we are just as likely to do it again.[/quote]

Were just as likely to get ripped apart like our current form shows!

I''m annoyed at losing, but at the same time not that bothered. It is just another in the long line of poor cup exits over recent seasons and, for me, not really any different to any of those - the (level of) opposition is largely irrelevant.

The players should certainly take a long look at themselves as even with reserves playing they should have more than enough for lower league sides; the manager is not to blame.

Thanks Banana, what an insightful post, its really made me think about life, the universe and everything. Thank you very much.

And Canary Poirot, I am well aware who beat us today. I am also well aware it was a cup game. I am also very well aware we didn''t go any nearer the relegation zone today, we are still shocking a whole seven points above. I''ve only been supporting Norwich 12 1/2 years, but nearly every year i''ve been bitterly disappointed in our cup performances, we''ve put in some shockers. This could be the worst, but in the grand scheme of things, unless it worsens our league form, its just going to be another cup game to remember s a huge disappointment. Added to Villa, MK Dons, Chelsea away and countless others.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think despite today and last week we have a great chance against Spurs.

We have done well against them in the last 3 games, and the players will be embarrassed after today and determined to bounce back. Hopefully.[/quote]Did you watch the game today GP, If you did youll see we wont even get a GOAL against spurs. Love your optimism however i just think your whats called DELUDED. Were on a loosing run and after today the players confidence must be shattered. what a difference 6 months has made to the players

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''m annoyed at losing, but at the same time not that bothered. It is just another in the long line of poor cup exits over recent seasons and, for me, not really any different to any of those - the (level of) opposition is largely irrelevant.

The players should certainly take a long look at themselves as even with reserves playing they should have more than enough for lower league sides; the manager is not to blame.[/quote]

Do you know what''s weird? As soon as I saw our starting line up, alarm bells were ringing. The number of times a second string team, from any top flight team, has lined up against lower league opposition, a shock more often than not happens. It says something about the attitude of reserve players in cup games - they never seem to step up for it. I blame Alex Ferguson. He started fielding weaker teams, but with good reason - champions league. Then for some bizarre reason, every other manager decided they should field weaker teams in the cup games (because they had European games... Oh I mean, a league game next week.... Like the old days....) and then found they lost or got a bad result. Managers should just play their first team every match like the old days. Why they don''t is beyond me. Injuries? Didn''t stop them 20 years ago. Why now?

Any genuine NCFC fan will be angry at such a poor performance - hence the reaction. Had we really given it a go and then lost - well, you can almost forgive the team and move onto Spurs. It was the fact we looked like the non league team that is so annoying.

Pumping long balls up field in an aimless manner, passing the ball around at the back without the slightest clue what to do next ! The Norwich crowd were stunned - who stole our team and replaced it with this bunch of muppets?

Whilst CH looked on - no ideas, no plan B, no tactical switches. It is all pretty annoying but hey - we have all been here before and survived...lets just see what happens next!

[quote user="Lincolnshire Canaries"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I think despite today and last week we have a great chance against Spurs.

We have done well against them in the last 3 games, and the players will be embarrassed after today and determined to bounce back. Hopefully.[/quote]Did you watch the game today GP, If you did youll see we wont even get a GOAL against spurs. Love your optimism however i just think your whats called DELUDED. Were on a loosing run and after today the players confidence must be shattered. what a difference 6 months has made to the players [/quote]

We didn''t look good at all, not up to Prem standerd other than 3 goal scoring moments against Chelsea and Liverpool, two games that followed a poor defeat away at Newcastle and two inept draws against QPR and West Ham (well draws we should have turned into wins) yet we beat Arsenal.

I ''expect'' a loss to Spurs, but I won''t be surprised if we win.

[quote user="Lincolnshire Canaries"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I think despite today and last week we have a great chance against Spurs.

We have done well against them in the last 3 games, and the players will be embarrassed after today and determined to bounce back. Hopefully.[/quote]Did you watch the game today GP, If you did youll see we wont even get a GOAL against spurs. Love your optimism however i just think your whats called DELUDED. Were on a loosing run and after today the players confidence must be shattered. what a difference 6 months has made to the players [/quote]

And how many of the players that started today, will be starting on Wednesday?

Yeah, im sure the players confidence was shot to sh1t after beating, Man Utd, Arsenal, Swansea and stretching the unbeaten run to 10.

It''s not just about today though, GP. Today was just one more disappointment in a long line of them.

We haven''t played well since Everton away. Most of the games since then we''ve not even looked bothered about. We have a manager who has turned us into a dull, uninventive side, and who can''t get the best out of his players. The defense is worse now than it ever seemed under the much maligned Lambert. We can''t score goals.

I find it hard to blame people that believe enough is enough, for all that i may not agree with them personally. Football is about opinions, whether that be your opinion, based on nothing but blind faith, that we''re going to turn it all around with a brilliant 3 points against a damn good Spurs side, or Banana''s opinion, based on the points raised above, that we''re going to go down unless we make changes.

If reading different opinions to your own genuinely makes you feel worse than you already do after watching that, may i kindly suggest that you do yourself a favour and stay clear of internet forums?

That is, after all, precisely what these things are for.

At least 9 of those playing today wont on Wednesday.

Different side and quality.

We are thin on the ground BUT those who are the regulars CAN perform.

The understudy''s are just not up to it.

You can hide the odd lesser performer in a good team, but you cannot hide 9 of them!

We do need some new TALENT in this window to "help" those still good enough.