Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Ric

Before you start on hughton

The players need to have a good hard look at themselves.

People like Barnett , bennet , surman , Jackson , howson. If they are serious about getting in the first team today was the day.

They should be ashamed of themselves and if I was hughton I would be looking to get rid.

Can say what you like about chris''s formation , but it''s the so called professionals who should be playing these formations with ease and beating sides like this.

I don''t care what formation we play 442 or 4 5 1 we should be beating these teams easy.

So lay off the manager today it''s the players who have disgraced us and him , and I hope he gets them in for extra training Tommorrow !!

[quote user="Snakepit Ric"]The players need to have a good hard look at themselves.

People like Barnett , bennet , surman , Jackson , howson. If they are serious about getting in the first team today was the day.

They should be ashamed of themselves and if I was hughton I would be looking to get rid.

Can say what you like about chris''s formation , but it''s the so called professionals who should be playing these formations with ease and beating sides like this.

I don''t care what formation we play 442 or 4 5 1 we should be beating these teams easy.

So lay off the manager today it''s the players who have disgraced us and him , and I hope he gets them in for extra training Tommorrow !![/quote]agreed.. some of those players were in the last chance saloon and if i was manager would have just sealed their exit from the clubJackson, Surman, Howson... many more.. just simply not good enough..., this has proved it..3am Sunday morning training would sort them out.. those that dont turn up.. P*ss off... those that do.. work them hard.

I agree, (you forgot Fox though), the Luton players were closing us down from the off, our work rate was sluggish, i don''t see how Hughton can be responsible for the arrogance of these over paid disgraces!

[quote user="Hannibal II"]i don''t know if your aware of this but the manager picks the team just thought i''d let you in on a secret there[/quote]

Really cheers for that. Do you play football or have you ever ?!

As I have to a good standard and what ever formation the manager picks you should be cable of playing it.

Yes the are fringe players and he was right in picking them , they train every day and pick up a hefty pay check , so they should get a look in on games like this.

These are pro''s not Sunday league players.

Agreed to some extent. It''s not the selection though, it''s the tactics. So negative. Even when playing 442, we were deep, not pressing. We''ve got players here who are far stronger, quicker and fitter than the Luton players. We didn''t even need to worry about the supposed technical superiority. Had we gone out and imposed ourselves, we''d have won comfortably. But we didn''t.

Now yeah the players to some extent have to take responsibility for that, but if they''ve been told to drop off, give some room, not motivated and not up for that physical clash, then whose fault is that? The manager.

And it''s not just today, it was the same at the start of the season and has been the same since the unbeaten run ended. The unbeaten run was not built on technical superiority over other teams. It was built on fighting and scrapping. But we''re not fighting or scrapping now, and we haven''t got the technical ability not to be. Hughts needs to get them fighting again, or we''ll find ourselves being sucked into trouble.

Can see some if your points aggy. But from what I was watching it was the players final balls again. Or thinking we can score when we want and playing in side ways rather than finding space on channels or over the top

He works and trains the players all week. He can''t tell who is motivated, he can''t find a formation to defeat non-league opposition? What is Hughton responsible for?

Agreed that was also a problem. Final ball - yes players skill levels are to blame.

But in terms of movement off the ball, how much of that is the players not being bothered, and how much of it is the players worrying about holding their position and not leaving a gap for the opposition to exploit?

There just seems to be an air of fear, not wanting to make a mistake, rather than an air of confidence and assuredness that we''re good enough to get the ball down and compete.

We have played different set ups with different players and had similar performances so the buck stops with Hughton. Yes the players are at fault but Hughton will come up with some lame excuse that it won''t happen again.

In Hughton I do not trust!

i''m not sure what difference it makes what level we played too unless this is a d**k measuring contest i played for Norwich youth up to under 16 and played in the many guises of the Ridgeons / Jewson league for various clubs

I think we need to look at the final balls. Or lack of them and the speed of the attacks. Just not quick enough and the attitude we could score when we liked

[quote user="Snakepit Ric"] People like Barnett , bennet , surman , Jackson , howson. [/quote]

All signed by lambert, Hoots needs to bring his own players in and slowly but surely he will make ''his'' team.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]i''m not sure what difference it makes what level we played too unless this is a d**k measuring contest i played for Norwich youth up to under 16 and played in the many guises of the Ridgeons / Jewson league for various clubs[/quote]

Well you should know that it''s the players out there not performing and not the formation.

I''m sure you would not blame the manager when your final balls or finishings not good enough ?!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Snakepit Ric"] People like Barnett , bennet , surman , Jackson , howson. [/quote]

All signed by lambert, Hoots needs to bring his own players in and slowly but surely he will make ''his'' team.

[/quote]

For once I agree banana. Need 6 to 8 fringe players out although I can not see it happening. Lack of money and time in the window. Big summer clear out I think

Lets hope we can bring in 2 or 3 good additions to keep us up

You make fair points, Ric. But I just don''t see the players buying into Hughton and they are not afraid of him either as they were with Lambert. Hughton is a soft touch. He is a coach in a managers position I''m afraid.

[quote user="Aggy"]Agreed that was also a problem. Final ball - yes players skill levels are to blame. But in terms of movement off the ball, how much of that is the players not being bothered, and how much of it is the players worrying about holding their position and not leaving a gap for the opposition to exploit? There just seems to be an air of fear, not wanting to make a mistake, rather than an air of confidence and assuredness that we''re good enough to get the ball down and compete.[/quote]

Totally agree. As a team to often we didnt want to push into the difficult areas to pass and the movement off the ball which was non existent meant this was almost impossible when we did try.

The team were awful.....this me natality of putting out a 2nd team for cup games is bad. Whether you pay £10 or £50 for a ticket you expect a certain level of commitment from your team.

Looking at today''s performance, we seem to have 90% mid fielders on the pitch who refuse to push forward.

Luton on the other hand kept pressing every time the got the ball.

I think getting a striker may be only part of the solution we need to survive this season.

You maybe right. But I look at the 10 game run we had the players must see something they like and tactics they can play . If I was playing for a arsehole I may not be so bothered. But hughtons a great bloke and I''m sure the players respect this and give their all.

Hopefully the results and chance will soon come.

Do agree with some I don''t like some of the negative selections in league matches and subs being brought on to late.

But today having two up top looked a lot more positives so I think the blame is on the starters today.

Agreed jarrold the midfielders were shocking and looked very average when trying to attack, which was not a lot

Also the strikers were not looking sharp or looking for the runs or dropping off to make stuff happen.

Very poor be all out there today

The manager has probably a full 30 players at his disposal and its his job to pick the most capable team to win the game at hand. He clearly too the task at hand too lightly today. Everyone in football knows the buck stops with the manager. The players don''t look like they want to play for him i would say he''s lost the dressing room and its all just a matter of time

Well let''s hope not. And to be fair if I was resting key players like he was today. The players at his disposal I would of probably choose the same. Maybe started Morison instead of Kane.

So in my eyes it boils down to the 11 out there not giving there all. If I was given a chance after not getting a look in for a while I would of gave my all

Posters on these boards have been asking for the manager to a) play two up front and b) make substitution changes earlier to change games.

Well changes were made today and two were played up front.

Perhaps now that we have played two up front posters can see why the manager has been reluctant to do so. It''s difficult to play two up front when you only have one good enough. For the same reason little is going to be changed by bringing on the poor quality of attacking substitutes we have.

When the manager first came he worked on getting the defence in order, and by getting in some good players he has generally done that. The only time the defence looks poor is when he has to rely on some of Lambert''s signings.

I think everyone realises who the better players in the team are. How many of those were signed by our last manager? One? How many were sigbed by Chris Hughton?

Give the manager the time, and the cash, to buy some attack minded players and you will see the difference.

[quote user="LADSOFLUTON"]FATTY FATTY HOLT CANT SCORE FOR SHIT! ONLY 4!!!!!! HA HA HA A HA HA AH AH HA HA[/quote]I like how you sang eieio up the football league we go, but you''re not in the real league?

Well said yellow wall totally agree. I think he would play two up top if we had two worth playing up there. Morison , Jackson , Kane not good enough. Hence why we have bid for two strikers in hooper and graham

I''m sorry Yellow Wall, we don''t have the players who are good enough to play two up front against non league opposition? What complete bull, the same players Jackson/Holt were terrific at the end of our Championship season together. If it was a PL side I could accept that argument but against todays opponents its irrelevant.

Also since when are Holt, Pilks and Hoolahan poor quality substitutes??

When Hughton came he saw the Defence needed fixing and full credit to him his signings have definitely been a step up However his coaching, tactics, motivation or whatever the reason it is is what has neutered our attack. Yes we could do with better quality players in those positions but a team that goes from 7th highest scorers in the division to our current status, some blame has to be put on the manager whether they are his players or not.