Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Hughton is still building his own team

It is clear, whether people like it or not, that Hughton takes a very contrasting approach to every fixture than what Paul Lambert did. As a result, many of the players that performed well under Lambert will not be so good under Hughton. Hughton made 5 very strong signings in Bassong, Turner, Whittaker, Tettey, Snodgrass which now form a very strong spine to his team. However, we obviously didn''t have the funds to make a complete overhaul last summer and this has left Hughton with a fair number of Lambert''s players to try and fill the gaps in his system. Having got this far, we have to stick with Hughton and let him complete his squad in the Summer. If we can get a striker in within the next few days then this will be one more step to Hughton''s squad, especially if it''s Van Wolfswinkel or similar. IF Hughton can manage to offload the likes of Jackson, Morison, Tierney, Barnett, Surman and replace them with his players then I am pretty confident in saying that we''ll be a lot more effective next season and more entertaining as a result. We''ll certainly have some proper strength in depth, rather than having to rely on the likes of R. Bennett or Morison if we pick up an injury.It doesn''t seem that many others do, but I completely trust Hughton to complete his squad overhaul in the summer allowing us to kick on next season, having kept us up.Be patient.

[quote user="baldyboy"]you are so right, he is doing a great job and we must back him to the hilt!![/quote]13th, 7 points off the drop whilst in our "2nd season" syndrome. I agree, even though you are being sarcastic.

I Completely agree with the op .

I believe Hughtons tactics are rigid and he makes subs really late in games because yes he wants a settled team but also because he does not rate anyone outside his starting 11.

The Lambert way was never gonna last with the you score 1 and well score 2 in the big league. He is proving that at villa.

I believe hughtons way is better long term and we are in a transitional period to becoming an established premiership side. W

We need a couple of quality fresh faces in before Thursday and then get the 40 points needed. Clear the rest of the dead wood out in the summer.

I just hope we buy quality and don''t panic buy.

yes lets all blame Lambert, Hughton was not at fault at all today, after all Lambert picked the team and told the players the tactics, doing a great job Chris!!!

Hughton is a good manager and a good coach and he doesn''t just become rubbish overnight, I don''t believe he should be sacked that would only further our problems, but there must be activity this transfer window, that much is painfully obvious.

Is this a joke or are you all idiots?How can you blame our previous manager for a defeat to a non-league team today when he left 10 months ago?  Did Lambert pick the team today?  Did Lambert organise the tactics, the subs and motivate the team?If the players out there weren''t good enough, they shouldn''t have been playing, should they?  Hughton selected a team and tactics that he felt would win the match and they didn''t, nothing to do with Lambert.If anyone can also argue that on paper, that team wasn''t good enough to beat Luton, then you are also an idiot.  Clearly, they didn''t play to their potential but who''s fault is that?  Lamberts?

We must all be idiots.

Hughton has had the team for 10 months but there is only limited amounts of money available to Hughton so he can change his team.

No one is happy but for me he has a few more games to turn this around or I will also be calling for Hughtons head.

And there GP is the problem in a nutshell!!! Maybe things shouldnnt have been changed so radically by Hughton so quickly? Just asking thats all before you say I am moaning, but maybe you should tweak things rather than wholesale change it until you have the personnel to do it? Just a thought

Ginger, they eluded to the fact that it was Lamberts fault because it was Lamberts players today.They are HUGHTONs players now, if he can''t get them to play then that''s his fault.  They didn''t look too bad when they finished 12th last season. 

[quote user="Clint"]Ginger, they eluded to the fact that it was Lamberts fault because it was Lamberts players today.

They are HUGHTONs players now, if he can''t get them to play then that''s his fault.  They didn''t look too bad when they finished 12th last season. 
[/quote]

or 13th so far this season

There can be no excuses when a Premier League manager with a Premier League squad at his disposal cannot navigate his way past a non-league team at home.

I''m not looking for a change in manager and believe that Hughton will get the team back on track but I can''t agree with excuse making after today.

I agree with your sentiment but not sure you are describing the complete picture here.

Hughton has made some good signings, and I personally have confidence he will continue to make more.

Are all of last years team ineffective? Is Hoolahan, Holt, Pilkington, Johnson, Ruddy?

The previous manager kept us up with by your own admission inferior players. How is he now to blame for our current situation?

Hughton took the job knowing what result (survival) was expected and how much he had to spend. Unless you are QPR manager you don''t expect to replace the entire team in a window or two.

One could argue that with last years attacking players and Hughtons defensive additions you should have a balanced, if not Europe pushing, team. The manager has to take blame for the performances, results and the method of play.

I don''t disagree that he should be given time to continue to build his own team, but to imply he can''t be expected to produce results, and if not a performance (especially against non league opposition), with his current squad is ridiculous.

If this continues, there''s about as much chance of us finishing 13th at the end of the season as Hughton playing more than 1 up front in a league match!

Fvck me, I hope baldy boy gets severe arthritis in his fingers so he can''t post his negative drivel on here anymore. I know we were abysmal but OP is completely right, Norwich are in the middle of a transition into his side. I ambactually quite excited to see a team full of Bassongs, Tetteys and Whittakers

We also won''t get anywhere with "fans" like you who don''t get behind the team and help them out of the slump. Carrow Road was silent in the home stands, that can''t be good.

How much dross are the fans expected to take before showing the displeasure then ?

Because 80% of our football this year has been shocking on the eye !!

Couple that with some of the smashings we have had, and maybe its not so hard to see why people are loosing patience with Mr Hughton !!

It seems a great way to lose a dressing room to me by telling over 50% of our squad that they are not good enough to play. AVB did it at Chelsea last year and look how that went for him.

So what most of our players Lambert bought you didn''t hear anyone saying last year they wasn''t good enough did you? no! why? cause we played to our players strengths. We didn''t play with fear of the opposition which is what we do now.

and i agree 80% of of football has been a horrid watch. We have also been beaten by 3 or more goals in 7 of our 30 competitive games this season hardly happened last year with the score more than you approach.