Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Norwich

Players out on loan

Watching the abject performance yesterday as 11 millionaires strolled around a pitch with hands on hips got me thinking about the players that Hughton has let go.A central defence of Barnett and Bennett look absolutely woeful. I''ve never rated Barnett since we''ve been in the Prem (although I did think he looked all right yesterday) whilst Bennett came in as ''raw'' with ''potential'' and has just got worse and worse. How would a centre-back pairing of Ward and Ayala have fared? Obviously we''ll never know but I genuinely think that''s a better reserve pairing than the other two.Similarly would you rather have, on current form, Howson and Fox in the centre of midfield or Butterfield, Smith, Adeyemi or even Lappin (who I know has gone)? Kane up front or Vaughan?For me I''m getting horrible flash-backs of Roeder''s time here when he came in and wanted to put his ''stamp'' on the team, running a broom through the playing staff and getting all ''his'' people in.

What game was u watching, Barnett looked all right, he was hopeless against a non league strike force 4 divisions below us

I think he looked ''all right'' yesterday. Just average. Didn''t drop his usual One Clanger Per Match. I thought the vast majority of our outfield players were sh*t but Barnett wasn''t properly sh*t.Thanks for contributing though

Game of opinions but I thought Barnett was a disaster yesterday, positioning, distribution, just looks cumbersome and should have been the one providing support to the younger man, Bennett, who too was dreadful.

Quite waht Bennett was doing for the goal I will necer know. If you watch it, he runs towards the goal rather than closing the cross, when Garrido was tucking in behind allowing so much time to measure the final pass.

I agree with OP in a way, personally I think we are paying for Lamberts lack of attention to resolve our defensive frailties over the past two seasons in favour of forward players. Ward, Barnett, Bennett, Martn, all lack pace and presence in that position, compared with Bassong and, to a degree Turner. Woudl bet good money on 2-3 centre halves finding their way here in the summer, maybe one sooner