Sign in to follow this  
Twitchy

McNally not a happy bunny either

"Apologies for not responding before now.I have been in meetings. Like all fans, I am embarrassed and hurt this evening". Seems the hurt runs all the way to the top.

Good.

Maybe he will be able to find an extra million or two in the budget to secure a couple signings before the window shuts. And i''m sure he''ll be having/had stern words with Hughton, who will in return do the same with the players.

Blame can be given to many parts of the club this evening. How was the catering? ;)

Right now I''m at a cross roads whether Hughton is to be trusted spending large sums of money. We paid Birmingham good money to release him and not sure we''ve had good value for money!

Well I hope he''s learned now that we reall, really need some players, ''cause we are not up to it with some of the cr@p we''ve got. Harsh words, but some of these "professionals" played like schoolboys and are free to go imo

canaryfan68, personally, I can''t understand that view point at all.

What exactly is wrong with Bassong, Snodgrass, Tettey, Whittaker, Turner, Bunn? Ok they might have some individual flaws, but all playing together they''ve done well. Most have done individually quite well.

If we want Hughton to succeed we need to let him sign more players. He''s clearly struggling to work with some of Lambert''s lads, some fit in fine, some don''t. Some that don''t fit in have had the odd good game, but many you''d be quite happy to see leave, while (this stage?) last season you''d have been dead against it.

If we want Hughton to succeed, and he''s shown he can, when HIS players were all fit, then we need to back him. If he had a whole squad he could rely on, I don''t think we''d have lost today, don''t think we''d go on too many 6 game winless runs and don''t think we''d all be so worried.

[quote user="Twitchy"]"Apologies for not responding before now.I have been in meetings. Like all fans, I am embarrassed and hurt this evening". Seems the hurt runs all the way to the top.[/quote]Sad state when this is the most uplifting thing Ive read re: NCFC in about 3 weeks !!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]canaryfan68, personally, I can''t understand that view point at all.

What exactly is wrong with Bassong, Snodgrass, Tettey, Whittaker, Turner, Bunn? Ok they might have some individual flaws, but all playing together they''ve done well. Most have done individually quite well.

If we want Hughton to succeed we need to let him sign more players. He''s clearly struggling to work with some of Lambert''s lads, some fit in fine, some don''t. Some that don''t fit in have had the odd good game, but many you''d be quite happy to see leave, while (this stage?) last season you''d have been dead against it.

If we want Hughton to succeed, and he''s shown he can, when HIS players were all fit, then we need to back him. If he had a whole squad he could rely on, I don''t think we''d have lost today, don''t think we''d go on too many 6 game winless runs and don''t think we''d all be so worried.[/quote]
This. Hughton''s signings work, but when they''re out the players he has to work with aren''t up to snuff. Hopefully he can make a few more signings that can become key players.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]canaryfan68, personally, I can''t understand that view point at all.

If we want Hughton to succeed, and he''s shown he can, when HIS players were all fit, then we need to back him. If he had a whole squad he could rely on, I don''t think we''d have lost today, don''t think we''d go on too many 6 game winless runs and don''t think we''d all be so worried.[/quote]

Yes, absolutely agree.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Twitchy"]"Apologies for not responding before now.I have been in meetings. Like all fans, I am embarrassed and hurt this evening". Seems the hurt runs all the way to the top.[/quote]Sad state when this is the most uplifting thing Ive read re: NCFC in about 3 weeks !![/quote]Know what you mean Nexus gives a bit of hope today with transfer deadline day coming soon.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]canaryfan68, personally, I can''t understand that view point at all. What exactly is wrong with Bassong, Snodgrass, Tettey, Whittaker, Turner, Bunn? Ok they might have some individual flaws, but all playing together they''ve done well. Most have done individually quite well. If we want Hughton to succeed we need to let him sign more players. He''s clearly struggling to work with some of Lambert''s lads, some fit in fine, some don''t. Some that don''t fit in have had the odd good game, but many you''d be quite happy to see leave, while (this stage?) last season you''d have been dead against it. If we want Hughton to succeed, and he''s shown he can, when HIS players were all fit, then we need to back him. If he had a whole squad he could rely on, I don''t think we''d have lost today, don''t think we''d go on too many 6 game winless runs and don''t think we''d all be so worried.[/quote]

I think you''re right Ginger.

Too many of Lambert''s players are probably on the downside of realizing they won''t make it in the Prem after all.

Maybe we could move a couple of them on to him at Villa before Thursday starting with Howson and Ryan Bennett followed by Morison, Jackson?

OTBC

Apart from Kane, who seems like a last minute booby prize, I think Hughton''s transfer dealings is one area where supporters can have little complaint.

All seem like great upgrades importantly on what we had. If the players want to come here and the money can be found I personally have faith in him to get the right guys.

"In meetings" is interesting... it''s either regarding a new signing.. which might mean somethings imminent... or it could have been regarding the managerial situation.If its the latter than either somethings imminent (again!) or Hughton has had his Balls handed to himself on a plate.... either way, what ever has been discussed in the "Meeting" will have a huge significance one way or the other...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]"In meetings" is interesting... it''s either regarding a new signing.. which might mean somethings imminent... or it could have been regarding the managerial situation.

If its the latter than either somethings imminent (again!) or Hughton has had his Balls handed to himself on a plate.... either way, what ever has been discussed in the "Meeting" will have a huge significance one way or the other...
[/quote]

Hopefully the latter.

come off it Wiz, it would be wrong to sack Hughton, he is doing a fantastic job  with the rubbish that only just stayed up last season by the skin of their teeth!! Be positive, it is to finalise the three deals for our new strikeforce of Graham, Hooper and Rip Van Winkle!!! Positivity Wiz, positivity, everything is good at FCR!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]come off it Wiz, it would be wrong to sack Hughton, he is doing a fantastic job  with the rubbish that only just stayed up last season by the skin of their teeth!! Be positive, it is to finalise the three deals for our new strikeforce of Graham, Hooper and Rip Van Winkle!!! Positivity Wiz, positivity, everything is good at FCR!!![/quote]

I think pretty much everyone, no matter their view on what happened today, thinks you''re a tool right now.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]canaryfan68, personally, I can''t understand that view point at all. What exactly is wrong with Bassong, Snodgrass, Tettey, Whittaker, Turner, Bunn? Ok they might have some individual flaws, but all playing together they''ve done well. Most have done individually quite well. If we want Hughton to succeed we need to let him sign more players. He''s clearly struggling to work with some of Lambert''s lads, some fit in fine, some don''t. Some that don''t fit in have had the odd good game, but many you''d be quite happy to see leave, while (this stage?) last season you''d have been dead against it. If we want Hughton to succeed, and he''s shown he can, when HIS players were all fit, then we need to back him. If he had a whole squad he could rely on, I don''t think we''d have lost today, don''t think we''d go on too many 6 game winless runs and don''t think we''d all be so worried.[/quote]

I think you''re right Ginger.

Too many of Lambert''s players are probably on the downside of realizing they won''t make it in the Prem after all.

Maybe we could move a couple of them on to him at Villa before Thursday starting with Howson and Ryan Bennett followed by Morison, Jackson?

OTBC

[/quote]
Not often me and you agree on stuff historically Bly but today I find we are of a very similar mindset. Nice to see [:)]

[quote user="Twitchy"]“: Are we still 100% behind Chris? ” of course, completely, 100%. Could this be the famous right behind the manager kiss of death?
[/quote]

No, it''ll be a genuine indication that he is backing the Manager.

my opinion is we now have to pull out all the stops to help Hughton now.. i am hoping McNally realises this and the meeting was to release the funds for a "whatever it takes" approach to the 3 strikers....land 1 of them at least and its a glimmer of hope, 2 and we stay up, 3 and all this sillyness is forgotten about.

Maybe this coming week will justify the backing of Hughton, maybe McNally knows something I don''t...........maybe not, suppose it''s going to be a waiting game, I mean a week is a very long time in footballing terms and this week of all weeks.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]my opinion is we now have to pull out all the stops to help Hughton now.. i am hoping McNally realises this and the meeting was to release the funds for a "whatever it takes" approach to the 3 strikers....

land 1 of them at least and its a glimmer of hope, 2 and we stay up, 3 and all this sillyness is forgotten about.
[/quote]

Blimey, your glass is definately half empty, I would say land one and we stay up, add an experienced centre half as back up and possibly a creative midfielder and I''d say top half.

Come on Alan don''t beat around the bush say what you mean!! no more negative posts please even against me theres a good chap!!! OTBC!!

I thought Hughtons strength was his coaching. If he needs to buy better players than Lambert had to stay up why appoint him? I thought he could work on a budget?

If we have a manager who has to spend millions then I am even less convinced he was the right choice. I am not confident Hughton will spend wisely so I hope we save some money for the summer.

I agree NWCoast, surely Hughton was brought in under no illusion what the job was and how much money he would have to do it.

However i think he does know who to get in, his current permanent transfer dealings have all seemed a success so far.