Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Wolfswinkel bid rejected!

[quote user="CDMullins"]can we rack up the extra £4 Million between us?

I''ll throw a twenty in
[/quote]

£155 each off the 26k regular fans would make the £4m needed,

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]can we rack up the extra £4 Million between us?I''ll throw a twenty in[/quote]

[/quote]Ask Robin Sainty then.He''s a better fan than the rest of us put together so he shouldnt have an issue...

[Y]

Its frustrating because while we have been messing about placing "little" bids on the likes of Hooper and Wolfswinkel (and I say little because they are much lower than what the club wants) all it does is alert everyone about who we are after. Now Newcastle are said to be reigniting their interest in him and the Metro has Spurs bidding for him. Some clubs seem to be able to get 90% of their business done without all this rubbish, and I''m not talking about the ones with silly money. Newcastle for instance have managed to get much of their dealings signed sealed and delivered before the news goes viral. I fear that trying to save the club money and getting players for a couple of million cheaper could end up costing us a lot more, especially if it eventually costs us our place in this league...

£8m against a selling club''s £12m is about right I reckon. A lot closer than our £5/5.5m bid for Hooper, who Celtic want ... anyone know how much?

Hog, none of the bids have been ''little''.

£5million bid for Graham.

£5million+ bid for Hooper.

Less on Kamara.

Rumoured C£5million on RVW.

To be honest I think Celtic are pricing Hooper as what he is worth to them - ie Champions League progression - not what his actual market worth is.

I think £5million for Hooper or Graham is a fair price. I think more than that and it starts to become a bit of a rip off.

RVW is a slightly ambitious target for us, that said I think £10million is a huge amount let alone £12million. That would put him in line with the sort of money a top four or five team would pay for a European player yet to play in one of top leagues.

Again I think £5-6million is a fair price, plus a fair sell on clause. It looks like they want more money due to his ownership complications more than anything else.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]can we rack up the extra £4 Million between us?

I''ll throw a twenty in
[/quote]

[/quote]

You do realise that 26k attendance includes away fans right?

[quote user="colneycanary"]According to the Mirror( yes I know it''s only a newspaper) our bid of £8 million pound has been rejected! They want £12 million!!![/quote]

As soon as this bid becomes public we invariably will not get the player.

Fans already ''chip in'' - isn''t that what we''re doing with the increase in season tickets?  Feels like we''re being taken for a ride, somewhat.  Someone should have told the players about the increase in price of season tickets, because at the moment the product we''re being asked to pay for isn''t delivering.  The fans still pay even when the players decide not to turn up on any given match day.  2 in a row now.  Would be good if a team turned up for the Spurs game, but Im not holding my breath.

I hope we don''t sign anyone with a relegation release clsuse. Always shows a lack of belief and commitment to me.

[quote user="Jersey Canary"][quote user="colneycanary"]According to the Mirror( yes I know it''s only a newspaper) our bid of £8 million pound has been rejected! They want £12 million!!![/quote] As soon as this bid becomes public we invariably will not get the player.[/quote]

wow, what a theory