Sign in to follow this  
Mr Toad

Is it me?

But at the start of the season we all know we were in for a tough season but all the posters on here were saying that whatever happens they wont get on the teams back or slag off any players. Some of them must hav short memories cause now some of the players are having a bad game i come on here and see posts asking for them too be dropped etc. This doesnt help the team out in any way im sure the players go out and try their hardest for the team so whats the point in coming on here and slagging them off?

Don''t think the effort has ever been in question, more that too many of our players don''t have the required level of ability to play in the prem.

Usual post match fallout im afraid

Pessimists v Optimists V Realists

Anyone who had a bad game must be instantly dropped because they are singlehandedly bringing the team down

Any players we sold in the last 5 years must be brought back because they could still do a job for us

Everyone Must Go

''Loyal'' Fans vs Neil Adams

Roy v Chris

This Is It Its All Over v We Still Have A Chance

We may even see a resurrection of The Club Have No Ambition.

All of which makes for a colourful message board.

Well Said, i''ve never slaged off players on this forum (only Jonsson because i think he is a waste of money) In my eyes they have all been exceptional in getting us where we are (plus most have made a step up, maybe not to premiership quality, but they''ve made a step up nevertheless)...and as for the guy who said Worthy should go...thats just plain pathetic and obviously not the voice of somebody who sat through the season of Hamilton/ Megson et al

Also, its worth noting that most of the people moaning for resignations and looking for somebody to blame are usually the people who have 1 post to their name. If they only feel the need to slag their team off i seriously doubt their intentions as a NC supporter.

Support the team, don''t look for someone to blame. Ok some played bad today but who doesn''t have a bad day at work now and then!?!?!

A lot of it is purely frustration and is a natural feeling for anybody with a deep support for the team.  Frustrated at the fact that we beat West Brom and then had a good chance of another win against a low team only to be hammered 3-0.  So instead of seeing ourselves 2 points behind Blackburn we are now 8 having played a game more than the other three at the bottom who can all move further away from us if they win (note I said if they win).  There have been three occasions when I thought our season had turned only to be bittelry disappointed and they are:

1.  After winning our first game after 14 played only to go on a losing streak again

2.  After coming back to 4-4 against Middlesborough thought this would give us a massive injection of confidence only to lose at Everton and only just beat West Brom afterbeing out played  

3.  After beating West Brom after playing so poorly and getting the three points only to cave in against what was also a poor side in Blackburn

On all three occasions I thought we would go from strength to strength but have been frustrated at our lack of consistency not necessarily  against the top clubs but  against teams we could win against or at least get a point.  It is that frustration that makes a lot of posters post their comments but does not detract from the point that we still support them through thick and thin.

I dont think peopleare particularly vindictive in the manor that they critique the teams performance, i just think that they use this board as a method for venting their frustrations!!

As for the start of the season I think many people may have been guilty of underestimating the teams ability to compete in this league (myself included) and as the teams clear ability to achieve a better league position than that which they currently hold is very aparant the expectations level increases and therefore so does the level of disapointment when these expectations fall short!!

You mention helping the team out, but I have nothing but praise for the support that turns out for the games this season and I really am proud to be a NCFC supporter, I think there is a difference between venting a little frustration on a message board (and yes I am aware that some players apparently read this board) and bringing it onto the pitch where it can cause unavoidable damage!!

I think we saw what real Norwich supporters are made of when we were 4-1 down to boro!!!!