Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

I'm done...

I have had enough of people who are going over the top about yesterday.

Just because we are a Premier League club we are not given some divine right to beat any other club in a league lower than us.

For those declaring it is relegation time, calm down. Things are not good but we have time to rescue that.

Finally for those who feel the club owe them something, get real, either support you club or take a trip down the A140, I hear there is a club down there with some spare seats.

Ok I am done, let the abuse begin....

Sorry CTID, it probably should of read

Luton, how dare they, do they not know who we are, rant, rant, rant.

Championship here we come, fail, fail, fail.

Want a refund on my season ticket, and free one every season until we get back to top flight football.

Something about CMS blah blah blah not good enough!

[quote user="pablofarmer"]I have had enough of people who are going over the top about yesterday.

Just because we are a Premier League club we are not given some divine right to beat any other club in a league lower than us.

For those declaring it is relegation time, calm down. Things are not good but we have time to rescue that.

Finally for those who feel the club owe them something, get real, either support you club or take a trip down the A140, I hear there is a club down there with some spare seats.

Ok I am done, let the abuse begin....[/quote]I don''t think anyone has said that. Luton are not in a league lower than us. They''re five leagues lower than us; 85 places lower when there are only 92 clubs in the Football League.I can see where you''re coming from though

So you think losing to a CONFERENCE side we should just forget about it and not be concerned?

You my friend are seriously deluded.

Heads must roll!

If I done something as bad as that at my work I''d have been shown the door immediately.

Haha heads must roll.

It clearly shows as we all knew our backups are not up to it!

CH and DM are on this.

Haven''t u seen bids go in for several players.

OP doesn''t say its ok to lose to a conference team unless I misread it!!!!

We are out of the cup. No ones died, get over it!

Just to clear up I also don''t think it''s ok to get knocked out by a conference side either!

I was gutted and the drive home was a long one,

Aswell as replying to the txts from pi$$ taking friends.

I dealt with it as should you!

On to the next game !

[quote user="alartz"]So you think losing to a CONFERENCE side we should just forget about it and not be concerned?[/quote]Yeah, ''cos that''s, like, exactly what he said.

City til I die - I''m not bothered by losing to Luton and being out of the cup but I am bothered by our inept performances and how poor we are of late.

I am not convinced Hughton can turn this around, we heard CH say after the Liverpool debacle that won''t happen again and sure as the dust has settled the team put in another under performing display. He spends so much time on the training field but I think we are in decline.

Getting the sack for one performance isn''t something that I advocate but did Mr Gunn get afforded a certain treatment ( not that I am saying we should reinstate him either) but Hughton has to stand by the teams results sooner or later and be juddged by them and the performances too. It is a results based business as well.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Love it when people refer to their jobs about if they screwed up etc etc getting the sack etc etc. It''s not QUITE like that as a football manager is it ???? Lol[/quote]

Not only that I''ve yet to be in a job where someone under-performs on a day and they get fired,  if we did where i work there''d be a turn over of about 15 a week.

Yes it is a results based business and true the performances have been poor of late.

CH is trying to do something to freshen the squad up (bids placed)

We also lost Ruddy which is a massive loss for us.

The beast has also been missing from a couple of games also again he is massive for us.

Holty is in the comeback trail also.

Not saying we are a 3 man team but these are massive players for us and 2 have been missing for games in our poor run.

Some are talking like we are in the bottom 3 adrift of the rest of the pack.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]I have had enough of people who are going over the top about yesterday.

Ok I am done, let the abuse begin....[/quote]
If we had some divine right, it would be far better. At least then we would have someone else to moan at if we didn''t win. As it is, without a divine right to beat a conference side, it was all down to our manager and players to put in the performance and win the game themselves. They didn''t do that, so why shouldn''t they get criticism for a game that has seen a top flight side go out to a conference team for the first time in over quarter of a century!?
And I''m always confused about "the club don''t owe you anything" comments. Arguably not - but even if they could do without the fans'' ticket sales, would they want to play in front of 5 people instead of 20,000? If not, then perhaps they ought to put a shift in every game and not just when they can be bothered.

"We have time to rescue that" is the key phrase in the OP''s post.

We do, but where is the blind faith coming from that we WILL rescue this? Just saying "Don''t panic,it''ll be alright" isn''t really good enough. Why will it be alright? What do you base that on? It can''t be on recent performances or the reaction of the manager to those performances.

Anyone can come on here and call people doom-mongerers and panic merchants, but there seems to be no basis for optimism or belief, just belief itself. If the players had that belief I''d have some confidence, but clearly they are devoid of ideas and confidence.

My "the club don''t owe you anything" statement was in response to some tweets I saw where it sounded like people''s lives were ruined and over just because of the result.

Whilst I love the game and the club, maybe I am blesse with a bit of perspective as when I look around, my club are out of the cup (which may actually be a benefit) but my family are all safe and well.