Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Never thought I would agree with crook redknapp

QPR FA Cup defeat proves point for manager Harry Redknapp

Harry Redknapp said QPR''s embarrassing 4-2 FA Cup defeat by League One side MK Dons at Loftus Road justifies his need to bring in new recruits.

"Surely they''re entitled to beat a team from two divisions down? It tells me I need to improve the squad," he said.

"That is why I have gone all over Europe these last three weeks trying to improve the squad because we are

"If you look at the team today, what is it? An England goalkeeper [Rob Green], a right-back from Manchester United [Fabio], a left-back in Armand Traore.

"You''ve got Anton Ferdinand and Tal Ben Haim, then Esteban Granero from Real Madrid. You''ve got Ale Faurlin, Park Ji-sung from Manchester United, Jamie Mackie, Jay Bothroyd and DJ Campbell."

"I gave them a chance today because they knock on my door and say they should be playing and other people tell me they are all good players," the former Tottenham boss said.

"Well, they got their chance today and they blew it. It answers questions - not for me because I already knew the answer, but for other people. Today they saw the answers."

Exactly how I feel about a number of our boys getting a pay packet for not performing. It is a perfect result for Hughton and McNally to get every possible penny to bring in players.

But redknapp hits the nail on the head for our situation at Ncfc.

[quote user="smooth"]QPR FA Cup defeat proves point for manager Harry Redknapp Harry Redknapp said QPR''s embarrassing 4-2 FA Cup defeat by League One side MK Dons at Loftus Road justifies his need to bring in new recruits. "Surely they''re entitled to beat a team from two divisions down? It tells me I need to improve the squad," he said. "That is why I have gone all over Europe these last three weeks trying to improve the squad because we are "If you look at the team today, what is it? An England goalkeeper [Rob Green], a right-back from Manchester United [Fabio], a left-back in Armand Traore. "You''ve got Anton Ferdinand and Tal Ben Haim, then Esteban Granero from Real Madrid. You''ve got Ale Faurlin, Park Ji-sung from Manchester United, Jamie Mackie, Jay Bothroyd and DJ Campbell." "I gave them a chance today because they knock on my door and say they should be playing and other people tell me they are all good players," the former Tottenham boss said. "Well, they got their chance today and they blew it. It answers questions - not for me because I already knew the answer, but for other people. Today they saw the answers." Exactly how I feel about a number of our boys getting a pay packet for not performing. It is a perfect result for Hughton and McNally to get every possible penny to bring in players. But redknapp hits the nail on the head for our situation at Ncfc.[/quote]

Pity Hughton didn''t come out with something similar and show as much passion as Harry did.

yesterday was a chance for the fringe players to force there way into an underperforming team. but no-one can go to Hughton and complain there not getting a chance. they had their chance and they blew it.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="smooth"]QPR FA Cup defeat proves point for manager Harry Redknapp Harry Redknapp said QPR''s embarrassing 4-2 FA Cup defeat by League One side MK Dons at Loftus Road justifies his need to bring in new recruits. "Surely they''re entitled to beat a team from two divisions down? It tells me I need to improve the squad," he said. "That is why I have gone all over Europe these last three weeks trying to improve the squad because we are "If you look at the team today, what is it? An England goalkeeper [Rob Green], a right-back from Manchester United [Fabio], a left-back in Armand Traore. "You''ve got Anton Ferdinand and Tal Ben Haim, then Esteban Granero from Real Madrid. You''ve got Ale Faurlin, Park Ji-sung from Manchester United, Jamie Mackie, Jay Bothroyd and DJ Campbell." "I gave them a chance today because they knock on my door and say they should be playing and other people tell me they are all good players," the former Tottenham boss said. "Well, they got their chance today and they blew it. It answers questions - not for me because I already knew the answer, but for other people. Today they saw the answers." Exactly how I feel about a number of our boys getting a pay packet for not performing. It is a perfect result for Hughton and McNally to get every possible penny to bring in players. But redknapp hits the nail on the head for our situation at Ncfc.[/quote]

Pity Hughton didn''t come out with something similar and show as much passion as Harry did.

[/quote]Redknapp can say that because he can go and buy another 11 players in the next week, Hughton has to manage with what he has and cannot upset the squad to that extent.

And Hughton does not have Harry''s urge to be gratuitously offensive. Things like that should be thought and should be said discretely. There is no need to be cruel and for us, no need to shoot ourselves in the foot as we may need some of these players.

I would be as surprised to hear that Hughton had not said things like Harry to the Board at yesterday''s meetings as I would if he had said it publicly.

Spot on CC. Not only is he saying publicly to most of his players (who he may still need to call on this season) "You''re not good enough", not only is he saying the the club owners "someone has sp***ed away most of the money you gave them on rubbish", he''s also saying "I need more money."There are those who would suggest this sort of thing is best done in private.