Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

The problem is...

Norwich seem to play too slowly and very methodical which could be seen as predictable. Without pace in key areas in the team we are always going to be low scoring and patchy performances if the passing is not up to it.

Pace on the wings, the striker needs to be quicker than what we have. We need a midfield who can pass the ball accurately and quickly.

Over to you Hughton.

[quote user="Jersey Canary"]Norwich seem to play too slowly and very methodical which could be seen as predictable. Without pace in key areas in the team we are always going to be low scoring and patchy performances if the passing is not up to it.

Pace on the wings, the striker needs to be quicker than what we have. We need a midfield who can pass the ball accurately and quickly.

Over to you Hughton.[/quote]

Agree we''ve lacked raw pace for a while now.

I think we have pace but don''t use it, we don''t move the ball quickly enough and it seems the players are so focussed on the organisation and game plan that they don''t want to be too adventurous in case we lose possession.

I don''t know if this is the way that Hughton has always played his game or whether he''s not confident enough in the abilities of the players that he hasn''t signed to do anything else. But it certainly can get frustrating to see us break into the opposition half at pace and then check the run and pass sideways.

That''s b*ll*cks I''m afraid. Jackson has pace, as does Elliott Bennett. Does that mean they should be automatic 1st choice? Well they were yesterday and look where that got us.

Am I the only one who has seen Hughton regularly patrolling his technical area and holding his arm at the line where he wants his midfield to stay at? He does it every game with Tettey and Johnson and I saw him do it to Howson yesterday. This is the reason we are so slow at building attacks. He doesn''t trust our holding players to know when to attack and when to defend and so they are pinned permanently 15 yards in front of the centre halves and expected to prompt attacks with square balls to the full backs.

The lack of pace and unwillingness to run at the opposition has been a theme of this season!

Yesterday we really needed to run at Luton and put them under the cosh from the whistle in order to rattle them and force them into errors. What we did instead was start an attack then stop, go backwards or sidewards or most frustratingly put a high ball up to Jackson that he was unlikely to win!

While better pocession was needed, we''ve gone the other way in that its totally nullifyed our attacking impetus and if our passings not good and we aren''t getting free kicks then we''re unlikely to score!

Well...the game was a brutal show of Hughtons tactical failures. He does not know how to change a game, or spur things on.

THe fringe players are low of condidence, because HUghton sticked to the same team for 10 games when we were unbeaten, and they never got a sniff in, but for 3 mins at the end.

Lambert was more of a team-manager, being able to let everyone feel they had a part to play, but Hughton seem to keep faith with the same dull players week in, week out.

Predictably enough, Johnson and Tettey will start against Spurs, in a sitting role, and once Tottenham scores, we are unable to change things around because of Hoots lack of plan B, and lack of expansive substitutions.

For me, the guy is negative, and I said so also during the 10 game unbeaten run.

Out "success" this season is more based on other teams failings to break us down than our own adventurous play.

Now, you might say Hughtons only job is to keep us in the Premier for another season, and maybe he is chosing his team solely on this target (understandably), but nevertheless, he is on the verge of breaking down the feelgood factor from 3 very good previous seasons.

We are being turned in to a 0-1 Birmingham team, in the good old Hughton mould. Dull, predictable, and in the end, boring.

[quote user="grefstad"]Well...the game was a brutal show of Hughtons tactical failures. He does not know how to change a game, or spur things on.

THe fringe players are low of condidence, because HUghton sticked to the same team for 10 games when we were unbeaten, and they never got a sniff in, but for 3 mins at the end.

Lambert was more of a team-manager, being able to let everyone feel they had a part to play, but Hughton seem to keep faith with the same dull players week in, week out.

Predictably enough, Johnson and Tettey will start against Spurs, in a sitting role, and once Tottenham scores, we are unable to change things around because of Hoots lack of plan B, and lack of expansive substitutions.

For me, the guy is negative, and I said so also during the 10 game unbeaten run.

Out "success" this season is more based on other teams failings to break us down than our own adventurous play.

Now, you might say Hughtons only job is to keep us in the Premier for another season, and maybe he is chosing his team solely on this target (understandably), but nevertheless, he is on the verge of breaking down the feelgood factor from 3 very good previous seasons.

We are being turned in to a 0-1 Birmingham team, in the good old Hughton mould. Dull, predictable, and in the end, boring.[/quote]

^^^This ^^^

We don''t create. We don''t score from open play. We have no confidence or creative spirit, and we''re strangled by a fear the manager has instilled.

The problem is you lot have short memories.   The first halves at home to Sunderland and away to Swansea were full of attacking intent.   At our best with our best eleven we are a good looking team.   We simply have to strive to achieve the best levels we can.   We''ve had a poor run - but its not terminal. The players are still there.    You can discount yesterday as "one of those games in the cup" -  you simply can''t select the bad things that happen and discount the good things.      Look at the bigger pictutre.    I know we''re sore after Liverpool and Luton - but we''ve got a great match in prospect against Spurs.   The players have to dust themselves down and go again.    So do us fans......................

Yes your right in that we have shown in brief glimpses this season that we can attack but thats the point - they have been way to brief and are way outweighed by the over cautious, non attacking displays we''ve seen this season!

I''m not going overboard about it cause we''ve got ourselves into a position where we can limp through the rest of the season and still stay up but it is a concern!