Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

I'm really not that bothered

Yes, it would have been great to win the game, go through to the 5th Rnd etc, and I even expected that team to be more than capable of beating a Luton team who were well organised, but overall we had more territory/chances (disallowed goal!) and on the balance, should have won.

I sat there, once they had scored, and watched us huff and puff, but (like Newcastle) never expected us to score 2 goals, hoping for 1 for a replay would have been ok, but no. I even clapped Luton off, for those that want to have a go. (I am a fan of 40 odd years, so I have been through some great, good, bad and awful times)

I just am focusing on the bigger (Prem) picture, until the end of the season, and all that could bring. We have a few days of transfer window left, (Hughton IS trying his nuts off to bring people in), a tremendous amount of business is done in the last week, as Clubs/players suss that their dream moves are not coming off.

We have quite a number of games left that (even with the squad we have now) we can pick up quite a lot of points from, and I do understand some people''s worries, but do not understand some others apopletic posts, when there is so much more to come. We have had a bad month. We have had a 10 match unbeaten run. We have the potential to have another mini unbeaten run in the near future, with the same (and hopefully an addition or two) players that have beaten Arsenal, Man Utd, drawn away at Everton and Spurs to name 4 cracking results, and then suddenly the World is ok again.

I''m bothered cause that was embarrassing but I''m not going over the top like some cause we''ve got plenty of games to get 40 points although 37-38 maybe enough. In our position its possible we could muddle through the rest of the season and have more than enough to stay up!

Yesterday proved that the squad needs plenty of new additions!

I''m not bothered by going out the cup but I am bothered by the dismal performances, lack of creativity, lack of goals, inept tactics and the mark Hughton has on the players.

Totally agree Crabby, fifty years plus of supporting and following NCFC has fully prepared me for days like Saturday.I never assume we are going to be anything but unpredictable, but after the first fifteen minutes against Luton I was absolutely certain that this was a disaster in the making.However, we are what we are and we will regroup and go again. Get real people.......nobody died!

After a 300 mile round trip to watch the game I was very bothered!! Not so bad if you live locally and can go regularly but when you can''t make games very often and live a long distance from Carrow Road it is very significant. Also, we needed a win to boost confidence....now our losing run has continued and the morale of the management and players will have taken a hit. Yes the FA cup is much less important than the league but it''s the ramifications of the defeat that I worry about....7 games without a win and 6 of those have been losses! It would have been a lot better going into the Spurs and QPR games off the back of a good win in the cup in front of a full house!