Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

EDP on potential signings!

TRANSFER LATEST

Eastern Daily Press chief football writer Paddy Davitt, who covers Norwich City: "We are not anticipating much transfer action. Chris Hughton continues to stress the difficulty of January trading and if he had to go with the current personnel for the remainder of the season he would be happy to do that.

"Despite that, there are plenty of names linked. At this stage of the window Norwich have been linked with in excess of 35 prospective recruits; and counting. The ones who won''t go away on the rumour mill are Celtic''s Gary Hooper and Swansea''s Danny Graham.

"An ideal signing would be an established, proven striker capable of adding the goals to Norwich''s solid team play which would turn the remaining months of this Premier League season into a relatively safe passage to survival."

Are you expecting us all to immediately reply in a manner confirming your opinion, which you have kept to yourself?

Look elsewhere for your validation.

I''m confident that Hughton will find us a couple of players to get us some much needed goals.

ah those dreaded transfer deadline day words....."We''ll go with what we''ve got!"...once remember Deehan saying something similar in 94/95, when the deadline day used to be in March, ended up in relegation.

We''ll get someone ,even if its another Harry Kane-esque last minute panic signing just to try and prove that they were trying all along.

Alan_Grey wrote the following post at 27/01/2013 7:16 PM:

Are you expecting us all to immediately reply in a manner confirming your opinion, which you have kept to yourself?

Look elsewhere for your validation.

Sorry but youv''e lost me on ths post AG, it''s not my opinion at all, but that of a well known EDP reporter. Sorry to disappoint?

[quote user="City 2nd"]

TRANSFER LATEST Eastern Daily Press chief football writer Paddy Davitt, who covers Norwich City: "We are not anticipating much transfer action. Chris Hughton continues to stress the difficulty of January trading and if he had to go with the current personnel for the remainder of the season he would be happy to do that. "Despite that, there are plenty of names linked. At this stage of the window Norwich have been linked with in excess of 35 prospective recruits; and counting. The ones who won''t go away on the rumour mill are Celtic''s Gary Hooper and Swansea''s Danny Graham. "An ideal signing would be an established, proven striker capable of adding the goals to Norwich''s solid team play which would turn the remaining months of this Premier League season into a relatively safe passage to survival."[/quote]

I think Davitt is misreading the situation. Placing too much emphasis on some recent formulaic phrases about how hard it all is. Other stuff looks more important to me. I wouldn''t say Bowkett and McNally have staked their reputations on us staying up, but it''s not far short of that. Time and again they have stressed that matters more than anything. And it is not impossible that some extra funding could be found. Additionally we have already made confirmed bids for two players. And, apparently, given another club a deadline of today for an answer on a third player, which suggests there is more than just a Plan A to hand.

I can remember a time when the first you knew of a prospective signing was when it appeared in the EDP - nowadays the only information we get from them is rehashed news from the national rags. They don''t know much more than we do nowadays, I''d take those comments with a pinch of salt tbh.