Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Same old, same old!

So McVeigh, Forbes, Butler and Mr Sainty and several callers to CC seem to suggest that today is a one off, prem safety is a must and we are better off out of the cup. That is 8 games now without a win, a complete and utter debacle in the last 3 games, and we cannot buy a win and certainly do not look like a side capable of gaining enough points to stay up. FFS we couldn''t score against a conference defence! Hughton suggests Luton came with a game plan, and cwe knew it would be tough blah blah blah - if he cannot pick a team and motivate them enough to take a team like Luton, then he is in he wrong job!

[quote user="City 2nd"]So McVeigh, Forbes, Butler and Mr Sainty and several callers to CC seem to suggest that today is a one off, prem safety is a must and we are better off out of the cup. That is 8 games now without a win, a complete and utter debacle in the last 3 games, and we cannot buy a win and certainly do not look like a side capable of gaining enough points to stay up. FFS we couldn''t score against a conference defence! Hughton suggests Luton came with a game plan, and cwe knew it would be tough blah blah blah - if he cannot pick a team and motivate them enough to take a team like Luton, then he is in he wrong job![/quote]

They''re just looking for any positives to take from this utter abject result. That''s the way of the professional sportsmen as they live off their confidence and belief in themselves. That''s fair enough.

But Hughton''s excuses are an utter joke. "Luton came here with a plan.... Blah blah blah". What was our plan you muppet? You didn''t have one did you because you don''t do attack.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

But Hughton''s excuses are an utter joke. "Luton came here with a plan.... Blah blah blah". What was our plan you muppet? You didn''t have one did you because you don''t do attack.

[/quote]He needs his P45

[quote user="City 2nd"]So McVeigh, Forbes, Butler and Mr Sainty and several callers to CC seem to suggest that today is a one off, prem safety is a must and we are better off out of the cup. That is 8 games now without a win, a complete and utter debacle in the last 3 games, and we cannot buy a win and certainly do not look like a side capable of gaining enough points to stay up. FFS we couldn''t score against a conference defence! Hughton suggests Luton came with a game plan, and cwe knew it would be tough blah blah blah - if he cannot pick a team and motivate them enough to take a team like Luton, then he is in he wrong job![/quote]
This.

Ah, the consistent City support. First 7 games and CH had to go as he was clearly incompetent and didn''t have a clue. Next 10 games and CH is a genius that no-one ever doubted and how lucky we were that PL had resigned so he could take over. 8 games on and CH has to go as he clearly hasn''t a clue.

I''m so pleased we''re not like those fickle Villa and Spurs fans.

I''m not sure that everyone was convinced about Hughton even during our magnificent run. Many were commenting on an apparent over reliance on a core 11 with the consequent higher risk of injury later in the season, a failure to score a relatively greater number of goals pointing to a weakness in this area, and few obvious tactical options. Also, and this is simply my view, we rode our luck in a number of those matches. This tends to even out over the course of a season.

But we and the board must back Hughton now and for the rest of the season. Any funds we have must be spent on players not managerial compensation.

oh I forgot they played for so many top teams and won so much, but pardon me, I must not be negative must I? they were world beaters!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]oh I forgot they played for so many top teams and won so much, but pardon me, I must not be negative must I? they were world beaters!!![/quote]

So is your argument that the ''better'' the career, the more their opinions matter?

If so:

1. You must be one of the very few who values the views of Mark Lawrenson on here

2. Unless you''re exceeding modest, their opinions are worth more than yours.

???

Baldy, just because McVeigh and Forbes didn''t have the skill of Messi, RVP etc.

I would have loved to have a career similar to McVeigh or Forbes.

McVeigh 20 international caps + 300 professional games.

no I dont mean their opinions dont matter BUT all they ever do is put people down with their responses especially McVeigh!!! Take yesterday the guy who said that the players should try smaller cars, McVeigh got quite arsey, maybe because he drives a big car per chance, which he does. Then again, they would fit in well on this MB for putting people down who have a negative opinion of what is currently happening at the club.