Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Quick question- would you have taken 13th at this point in the season

ok good just checking, because it seems as though quite a few people are calling for hughton to be sacked but its good to know that it''s just a minority.

No.......

You get nothing for being 13th at this point of the season, the football is dire and passionless/negative and we don''t look like holding on to 13th with our performances so again pointless question even though I can see you''re trying to keep things calm.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]No....... You get nothing for being 13th at this point of the season, the football is dire and passionless/negative and we don''t look like holding on to 13th with our performances so again pointless question even though I can see you''re trying to keep things calm.[/quote]

Calm/realistic/supportive. I can understand people frustration with the foorball we''ve been playing lately, but thats why its called a bad run which i think will last until the game after spurs.

Could the people who are saying ''no'', say what they expected our league position to be at this time without talking tactics (not having a go canaryfan68 if thats how its coming across)

yes

but as some has said 13th now is meaningless - we could finish higher or be relegated.

But a question without context is meaningless.

Our context is bottom of the current form league in the prem, having won 1 game in 8, having failed to score in the last 4.5 hrs of football and no striker scoring in the prem league for 7 games, during which we have scored 6 goals, 2 of which were against 10 men.

I do think we can turn it around, but confidence is low and we do need a turnaround.

My prediction at the start of the season was to finish 14th and I am still sticking to that. Like everyone, I''m disappointed with recent results but I haven''t forgotten the 10 match unbeaten run either. This variation happens with all teams and I''m still convinced that City will finish clear of relegation and out of debt. More building can then take place.