Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

What an obnoxious bunch of supporters.

Walking with my two sons (8 and 11) to the match we had a coach load of Luton supporters going about the same pace as us. Subjected to a load of verbal abuse, assortment of hand gestures and beer cans thrown out presumably through the emergency exit. The coach had children on board that looked the same age as mine. Totally un-necessary and had they acted like that out of the coach and outside the ground they would have been arrested. What a bunch of t****** and makes the defeat doubly hard to take. The last time I saw that behaviour was when Millwall visited.

In my job I have been fortunate to visit just about every town and city in the UK. Luton is the worst one it has been my misfortune to visit....so its no wonder they breed those that behave like animals.Console yourself with the fact they will be knocked out next round, hopefully against a crap club, they will most likely lose in the play-offs again...and they will yet again be left to wallow un-noticed in that sh--hole, unable to grace ''fine cities'' for a few years at least. 

Whoa Mellow. You''re sounding bitter and twisted. We should be better than that.

Personally i hope they get a big team again next round and get a nice fat wedge of cash. They should be guaranteed a tv spot. They deserved their win yesterday as they were the only ones up for it,we shouldn''t begrudge them that.

But i will agree Luton is a dump and they have a larger share of idiot fans. A bit like Leeds.:-)

Interesting observations about their fans.  Ignoring the result, thought that their team deserved their applause at the end of the game and readily joined in with that.  Coming out of the ground had a chat with a reasonable Luton fan and wished him and his team well.  Was in a fairly amiable frame of mind walking back to the car when a couple of ''lads'' starting largeing it with abusive language and trying to get something started.  Mildly amusing as most of the people who they were trying to wind up were either older supporters or families.  Had my daughter with me who is no starnger to expletives as she sits with me n the Lower Barclay but these ''lads'' were just being totally obnoxious.  Just think its a shame for the decent Luton fans as this seems to be the image that Luton has got.  Some of my Ebbsfleet United supporting mates were saying simlar things about them when they played them in the league.  Hopefully they will draw Leeds United away in the next round and get a good pasting both on and off the pitch!

you have to remember that Luton aren''t your usual "non-league" club. Often you''ll encounter in the FA Cup a non league club that are on the up or possibly have never got that far in the competition before, Luton is unique in as much as it has fallen from a great height and as far as their fans are concerned are not where they are on merit or with justification, so whilst the club is non league the fans wouldnt consider themselves to behaving seen much better times. Whether this means they go around the blue square premier each week with a chip on their shoulder thinking they dont belong there ,I don''t know?, but I do remember their fans assaulting the York City players at Kenilworth Rd  after a playoff semifinal defeat a couple of seasons ago.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Interesting observations about their fans.  Ignoring the result, thought that their team deserved their applause at the end of the game and readily joined in with that.  Coming out of the ground had a chat with a reasonable Luton fan and wished him and his team well.  Was in a fairly amiable frame of mind walking back to the car when a couple of ''lads'' starting largeing it with abusive language and trying to get something started.  Mildly amusing as most of the people who they were trying to wind up were either older supporters or families.  Had my daughter with me who is no starnger to expletives as she sits with me n the Lower Barclay but these ''lads'' were just being totally obnoxious.  Just think its a shame for the decent Luton fans as this seems to be the image that Luton has got.  Some of my Ebbsfleet United supporting mates were saying simlar things about them when they played them in the league.  Hopefully they will draw Leeds United away in the next round and get a good pasting both on and off the pitch![/quote]I think quite a few do think they''re '' on loan to the Conference '' as they get very good home attendances so probably feel they''re the '' Barcelona '' of non-League football. Trouble is, after four years in the Conference they''re starting to look like a permanent fixture.Even before the game a lad came swaggering past the Directors entrance singing, " Norfolk''s a ****hole I wanna go home."If he lives in Luton I would suggest an urgent appointment with Specsavers might be good idea.....

The only obnoxious supporter I have encountered recently is one that just blocked me on twitter for saying that we need some changes and we''re in a bit of trouble.

Talk about delusional, you just sit there and clap our 1-0 defeat against Luton, nothings wrong *SMILES*

to quote paul mcartney and stevie wonder `there is good and bad in everyone` i met a couple of older luton fans in the morrisons cafe queue and a more knowledgable and decent pair you could not wish to meet... they didn''t think they had a hope and we had a chat about chris martin, rossi jarvis and spillane and they were just up for a good day out... every club has an element of gobby chavs who would poop themselves if they got transported back to the 70s and 80s...  i stayed and applauded them off and made my son do the same... lets hope the moronic element get a chance to prove themselves at the new den or elland road but the many decent fans among them have my best wishes OTBC

We all know that there are potential a-holes in all fanbases but there are some who just have a higher perecentage. I havnt seen that sort of behaviour since Millwall in the 80''s but to carry on like that and involve children was unacceptable. Virtually the whole bus was involved as well. My eight year olds first reaction was to turn round and make the L-gesture on his forehead and shout loser - thank you Top Gear! (for which he received a talking to about Premier league jealousy and inciting trouble) I only wish he had been right. I have found the coach company''s website and intend to take it further. Is alcohol only banned on trains?

[quote user="im spartacus"]

to quote paul mcartney and stevie wonder `there is good and bad in everyone` i met a couple of older luton fans in the morrisons cafe queue and a more knowledgable and decent pair you could not wish to meet... they didn''t think they had a hope and we had a chat about chris martin, rossi jarvis and spillane and they were just up for a good day out... every club has an element of gobby chavs who would poop themselves if they got transported back to the 70s and 80s...  i stayed and applauded them off and made my son do the same... lets hope the moronic element get a chance to prove themselves at the new den or elland road but the many decent fans among them have my best wishes OTBC

[/quote]

you called that......Millwall are coming to town, 1985 all over again!!!

[quote user="Captain Holt"]The only obnoxious supporter I have encountered recently is one that just blocked me on twitter for saying that we need some changes and we''re in a bit of trouble.

Talk about delusional, you just sit there and clap our 1-0 defeat against Luton, nothings wrong *SMILES*[/quote]I hope you''re not suggesting that anyone clapped our defeat!!!  Now that is delusional.  What I and many others around me clapped was a team that showed a huge amount of passion and committment, obviously not our team yesterday.  And how anyone had the gall to give a Man of the Match Award is beyond belief.

[quote user="BW"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9LowYZyQuY

What about our lot here at p''boro took over the town.[/quote]

BW - That is some scary footage there fella...people walking quietly through a shopping centre? I''ve seen worse from middle ages women at the in the January sales in Lewisham.