Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Gary Hooper V St Mirren

Currently losing 3-1 against St Mirren. A team probably on a par with Luton. Enjoy that Gary, Celtic are such a massive club, apparently.

[quote user="Yellows"]Currently losing 3-1 against St Mirren. A team probably on a par with Luton. Enjoy that Gary, Celtic are such a massive club, apparently.[/quote]Slagging Celtic for losing to St Mirren on the same weekend you got put out at home by Luton? Really?Ballsy!We didn''t show up today and got beaten. It happens. Minnows beat big teams sometimes. You''ll have to explain how Celtic aren''t a massive club by anyone''s reckoning. Or is this just a little tantrum because we haven''t accepted a derisory bid which is £3m less than Blackburn paid for Rhodes for our star striker from you lot?

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="Yellows"]Currently losing 3-1 against St Mirren. A team probably on a par with Luton. Enjoy that Gary, Celtic are such a massive club, apparently.[/quote]

Slagging Celtic for losing to St Mirren on the same weekend you got put out at home by Luton? Really?

Ballsy!

We didn''t show up today and got beaten. It happens. Minnows beat big teams sometimes.

You''ll have to explain how Celtic aren''t a massive club by anyone''s reckoning. Or is this just a little tantrum because we haven''t accepted a derisory bid which is £3m less than Blackburn paid for Rhodes for our star striker from you lot?
[/quote]

Well said, (about celtic losing to Mirren when we''ve just lost to Luton)

Although i am cringing about the fact that you think your a ''massive '' club.   .....awww i''m just grinding my teeth from that sentence

I don''t think anyone''s claiming Celtic aren''t a big club, and if they are then they''re clearly a moron. Obviously the club itself is bigger than Norwich, all we''re saying is that we may be a more attractive proposition due to the league we play in.

Though yeah I''m not too sure what right we have to mock ANYONE this weekend.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="Yellows"]Currently losing 3-1 against St Mirren. A team probably on a par with Luton. Enjoy that Gary, Celtic are such a massive club, apparently.[/quote]Slagging Celtic for losing to St Mirren on the same weekend you got put out at home by Luton? Really?Ballsy!We didn''t show up today and got beaten. It happens. Minnows beat big teams sometimes. You''ll have to explain how Celtic aren''t a massive club by anyone''s reckoning. Or is this just a little tantrum because we haven''t accepted a derisory bid which is £3m less than Blackburn paid for Rhodes for our star striker from you lot?[/quote]

Although i am cringing about the fact that you think your a ''massive '' club.   .....awww i''m just grinding my teeth from that sentence

[/quote]60,000 crowds for Champions League ties. 40,000 season ticket holders. Enormous support across the United States and Australia, etc.Define ''massive club'' for me.

you don''t even qualify for champs league group stage always anyway. sure he loves going to play Ross county, st mirren, inverness in front of 10,000 every other weekend. boring league the equivalent of league of Ireland. teams full of championship and league one rejects. kuqi, Tudor- Jones for example. the fact Michael Nelson left Kilmarnock to go to league 2 Bradford even tho they didn''t want to sell him says it all.

I am Norwich all the way but to say Celtic aren''t bigger then us...are you kidding me? Psh. Come on. If they were in the premier league side they would be a top 8 team every year with the crowd they get and the PL money...Easy. They are world famous.

I''d say a massive club is when the supporters don''t feel the need to go another clubs website and talk shite.... Can''t stand Celtic and Hooper looked a £3m striker o me

As mentioned in the OP, St Mirren are THAT bad they are actually worse than Luton. So as a self-proclaimed ''massive club'', thats pretty p1ss poor. LOL.

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="Yellows"]Currently losing 3-1 against St Mirren. A team probably on a par with Luton. Enjoy that Gary, Celtic are such a massive club, apparently.[/quote]Slagging Celtic for losing to St Mirren on the same weekend you got put out at home by Luton? Really?Ballsy!We didn''t show up today and got beaten. It happens. Minnows beat big teams sometimes. You''ll have to explain how Celtic aren''t a massive club by anyone''s reckoning. Or is this just a little tantrum because we haven''t accepted a derisory bid which is £3m less than Blackburn paid for Rhodes for our star striker from you lot?[/quote]

[/quote]60,000 crowds for Champions League ties. 40,000 season ticket holders. Enormous support across the United States and Australia, etc.Define ''massive club'' for me.[/quote]A ''massive club'' is what I feel like I''ve been hit in the gut by every week since the Swansea game.

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="Yellows"]Currently losing 3-1 against St Mirren. A team probably on a par with Luton. Enjoy that Gary, Celtic are such a massive club, apparently.[/quote]

Slagging Celtic for losing to St Mirren on the same weekend you got put out at home by Luton? Really?

Ballsy!

We didn''t show up today and got beaten. It happens. Minnows beat big teams sometimes.

You''ll have to explain how Celtic aren''t a massive club by anyone''s reckoning. Or is this just a little tantrum because we haven''t accepted a derisory bid which is £3m less than Blackburn paid for Rhodes for our star striker from you lot?
[/quote]

[/quote]

60,000 crowds for Champions League ties. 40,000 season ticket holders. Enormous support across the United States and Australia, etc.

Define ''massive club'' for me.
[/quote]

Massive club -

A club with fantastic support (not just large crowds for big games as i think someone said)

A club with world class players (Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo, Kompany, etc)

A club who plays in a competitive league so that they can prove that they are class, not just get lucky in a few one off games against CL teams. (although i think celtic have done ok in the CL so far this season.)

Celtic are not a ''massive'' club as you put it, i find it embarrassing that you think they are. Celtic are a fairly big club who would be massive, if only they were in england (rightly or wrongly).  Norwich are not as big as celtic but definitely has more pulling power at this point.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]I am Norwich all the way but to say Celtic aren''t bigger then us...are you kidding me? Psh. Come on. If they were in the premier league side they would be a top 8 team every year with the crowd they get and the PL money...Easy. They are world famous.[/quote]

Famous yes....but only because of the derby''s with Rangers. As for the 60,000 crowds, what else is there really to do on a Saturday other than that for the people of the area? The simple fact is that it''s now a 1-team league rather than a 2 and they will qualify for the CL until Rangers get back to the top division. They level of competition in the SPL is at best Championship level but most games will be League One standard.

I can understand their valuation of certain players but the simple fact is that as soon as most players get a chance of either the PL or La Liga they will want to leave.

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

[/quote]60,000 crowds for Champions League ties. 40,000 season ticket holders. Enormous support across the United States and Australia, etc.Define ''massive club'' for me.[/quote]

Massive club -

A club with fantastic support (not just large crowds for big games as i think someone said)

A club who plays in a competitive league so that they can prove that they are class, not just get lucky in a few one off games against CL teams. (although i think celtic have done ok in the CL so far this season.)

Celtic are not a ''massive'' club as you put it, i find it embarrassing that you think they are. Celtic are a fairly big club who would be massive, if only they were in england (rightly or wrongly).  Norwich are not as big as celtic but definitely has more pulling power at this point.

[/quote]We get huge crowds for almost every home game. As for your drivel about getting lucky in a few one-off games in the CL - you don''t seem to understand how the competition works. We came through 2 qualifying rounds (4 ties) to qualify to get into a LEAGUE system with 6 games against some of the best teams in Europe. We had Barca, arguably the best team of all time, this season and Benfica who were CL quarter finalists last year. And the last time we were in the competition, we also got to the last 16. That''s a lot of ''getting lucky'' according to you.Embarrassing that we consider ourselves a massive club? We''ve been in 2 European Cup finals, we''ve won the European Cup, we were in the UEFA Cup final in 2003 taking 80,000 supporters to Seville. We''ve got 250 supporters clubs in 20 countries. Norwich has more pulling power than Celtic? No, with respect, I''m sorry, you don''t. The EPL has more pulling power right now. If Hooper had a choice between playing for Norwich or Fulham, it''s just as likely he''d want the glamour of living in London. That''s the harsh reality, as it is for us that players will always be drawn to the hype and money - because money plays a huge, huge part these days - of the EPL.

Yeah you''re right. Celtic are that massive that they shouldnt be losing to teams who are worse then Luton. A team who the captain played for Stockport County at the height of his career. The strikers they have played for teams like Plymouth, Northampton Town and you guessed it, Luton! Massive! Yes we lost to Luton with a reserve team but you lost to St Mirren with your first team, MASSIVE!

"with respect"

Actually I have seen no respect shown to us or our club by you or any of the other anti English mob. Please just go and talk drivel on your own site. You are boring and very tedious....

Ps Massively so

[quote user="Yellows"]Yeah you''re right. Celtic are that massive that they shouldnt be losing to teams who are worse then Luton. A team who the captain played for Stockport County at the height of his career. The strikers they have played for teams like Plymouth, Northampton Town and you guessed it, Luton! Massive! Yes we lost to Luton with a reserve team but you lost to St Mirren with your first team, MASSIVE![/quote]

THIS! LOL

[quote user="Yellows"]Yeah you''re right. Celtic are that massive that they shouldnt be losing to teams who are worse then Luton. A team who the captain played for Stockport County at the height of his career. The strikers they have played for teams like Plymouth, Northampton Town and you guessed it, Luton! Massive! Yes we lost to Luton with a reserve team but you lost to St Mirren with your first team, MASSIVE![/quote]You seem obsessed with the Luton-St Mirren comparison. Like I said, we had an offday and they did well to win. Shit happens. Does losing a cup game to lesser opponents mean the size of your club decreases?

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

Ballsy!

[/quote]

[/quote]

60,000 crowds for Champions League ties. 40,000 season ticket holders. Enormous support across the United States and Australia, etc.

Define ''massive club'' for me.
[/quote]

Massive club -

[/quote]

We get huge crowds for almost every home game.

As for your drivel about getting lucky in a few one-off games in the CL - you don''t seem to understand how the competition works. We came through 2 qualifying rounds (4 ties) to qualify to get into a LEAGUE system with 6 games against some of the best teams in Europe. We had Barca, arguably the best team of all time, this season and Benfica who were CL quarter finalists last year. And the last time we were in the competition, we also got to the last 16. That''s a lot of ''getting lucky'' according to you.

Embarrassing that we consider ourselves a massive club? We''ve been in 2 European Cup finals, we''ve won the European Cup, we were in the UEFA Cup final in 2003 taking 80,000 supporters to Seville. We''ve got 250 supporters clubs in 20 countries.

Norwich has more pulling power than Celtic? No, with respect, I''m sorry, you don''t. The EPL has more pulling power right now. If Hooper had a choice between playing for Norwich or Fulham, it''s just as likely he''d want the glamour of living in London. That''s the harsh reality, as it is for us that players will always be drawn to the hype and money - because money plays a huge, huge part these days - of the EPL.
[/quote]

''taking 80,000 supporters'' yep, that was just for the big game though wasn''t it.

What the hell has Fulham got to do with it, of course they''ve got more pulling power, whats your point. We''re talking on this point about celtic and norwich.

"Norwich has more pulling power than Celtic? No, with respect, I''m sorry, you don''t. The EPL has more pulling power right now. If Hooper had a choice between playing for Norwich or Fulham, it''s just as likely he''d want the glamour of living in London. "

And you say I''ve talked drivel

Celtic are the best in that league and unfortunately will only get bigger due to Rangers overspending, but Celtic will never be a massive club.

[quote user="Yellows"]You were the one who brought up the comparison on your first post on this thread! Bore off.[/quote]Actually, you were the one who brought up the comparison on the very first post on this thread.

[quote user="Mike "]"with respect" Actually I have seen no respect shown to us or our club by you or any of the other anti English mob. Please just go and talk drivel on your own site. You are boring and very tedious.... Ps Massively so[/quote]

Have to agree with this, if your going to post on another fans forum, then you should not act like a arrogant prick (unless he is an arrogant prick of course)

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

[/quote]60,000 crowds for Champions League ties. 40,000 season ticket holders. Enormous support across the United States and Australia, etc.Define ''massive club'' for me.[/quote]

Massive club -

[/quote]We get huge crowds for almost every home game. As for your drivel about getting lucky in a few one-off games in the CL - you don''t seem to understand how the competition works. We came through 2 qualifying rounds (4 ties) to qualify to get into a LEAGUE system with 6 games against some of the best teams in Europe. We had Barca, arguably the best team of all time, this season and Benfica who were CL quarter finalists last year. And the last time we were in the competition, we also got to the last 16. That''s a lot of ''getting lucky'' according to you.Embarrassing that we consider ourselves a massive club? We''ve been in 2 European Cup finals, we''ve won the European Cup, we were in the UEFA Cup final in 2003 taking 80,000 supporters to Seville. We''ve got 250 supporters clubs in 20 countries. Norwich has more pulling power than Celtic? No, with respect, I''m sorry, you don''t. The EPL has more pulling power right now. If Hooper had a choice between playing for Norwich or Fulham, it''s just as likely he''d want the glamour of living in London. That''s the harsh reality, as it is for us that players will always be drawn to the hype and money - because money plays a huge, huge part these days - of the EPL.[/quote]

''taking 80,000 supporters'' yep, that was just for the big game though wasn''t it.

What the hell has Fulham got to do with it, of course they''ve got more pulling power, whats your point. We''re talking on this point about celtic and norwich.

"Norwich has more pulling power than Celtic? No, with respect, I''m sorry, you don''t. The EPL has more pulling power right now. If Hooper had a choice between playing for Norwich or Fulham, it''s just as likely he''d want the glamour of living in London. "

And you say I''ve talked drivel

Celtic are the best in that league and unfortunately will only get bigger due to Rangers overspending, but Celtic will never be a massive club.

[/quote]"Celtic will never be a massive club".Aye, okay then. That''s me told. I must have imagined that European pedigree, huge stadium and lengthy history.