Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

the season ticket holders who didn't turn up today

What about those of us who were season ticket holders in League One and the Championship, too?

Geez, there''s some garbage posted on this board tonight, but this one has to take the award for Stupidest Post.

Congratulations.

Its not a crime if you didn''t go to the game!

Unless your like some of those super anoracks who''ve been to every Norwich game since the year dot, we all have to miss games for whatever reason!

Lets face it those who didn''t go to the game missed sodall!

you let the team down and left supporting the team in the hands of women ,children, old people and chavs in hoodies  who according to the season ticket holders who did go clearly are not fit for purpose... you can bleat on about league 1 all you like but that was a walk in the park and a bit of a novelty  wasnt it ? i doubt you would have continued if we hadn''t got promoted... never mind spurs on wednesday see you all there ....

That''s an interesting one - we lost today because of season ticket holders? Really?! Are you a slightly more odd reincarnation of Bumhole pumpkin, or something?

Not that I care much about such a mad opinion, I''ve been a season ticket holder for donkeys years but didn''t go today. I live the best part of three hours away and have a young family so it is hard enough to get to league games - but it is something I will continue to try to do as long as I can and whatever league we are in. I can''t do cup games any more - whoever it is we''re playing; I let friends have my ticket instead, if they want it. I''ll not be able to come on Wednesday either, so am hardly a glory hunter.

re: Spurs: Yep...looking forward to the six hour round trip for that one, getting back home at around 01.30 with work the next day.

I gave yesterday a miss, and delighted I did so. Having made the trip up midweek for Villa in the League Cup I''ve now decided someone else can have that ticket until my team decides it wants to compete properly in these competitions.

I''ve also claimed back the ''Academy tax'' on next season''s Season Ticket; McNally kept my rebate in League One when we reall needed the money, I''m having this one...

I just have this image of McNally with a megaphone shouting at the crowd:

"Own up. Which ones of you are not season-ticket holders?"

And this lone figure stands up and in a quavering voice says:

"I''m not a season-ticket holder!"

And one by one the whole crowd rises to its feet, admitting the same, until i''m spartacus is the only person in the ground left sitting.

Been a season ticket holder in the Prem, Division 1, Championship, Prem, Championship, League 1, Championship, Prem.

They have probably had 20k of my hard earned money over the last 20 plus years so if i don''t pay £10 to go to the most embarrassing game in our history thats my choice. I don''t feel i let them down in anyway at all, in fact i felt they let me down so much over the years when it comes to a cup games i don''t want to go. We don''t take cup competitions seriously at all so why should i take it serious enough to go?

[quote user="hazza9"]Some people have to work and earn a living!?[/quote]

Not premier league footballers apparently. The idea that City lost today because the season ticket holders weren''t there, signing their hearts out is PRICELESS!

I apologize for my absence, it was my birthday (what a present !) and decided to spend it in Weston super Mare, with my twin brother and the rest of my family. I did manage to attend the Bristol City v 1p5wich match, and thoroughly enjoyed the result !

I will also miss the Spurs match because it''s midweek, but this ''part time'' fan will watch QPR away followed by Fulham at home.

Feeling the financial pinch myself and not being able to sit in my regular seat in Block K Jarrold, having a drive of 2 hours each way, a game against top class opposition on Wednesday night and the expectation that we should have professionally dealt with Luton, all led me to a decision not to go to the game...but listened to the game from start to finish over the Internet and as gutted as all of you at the result and our ineffectiveness ...do I feel responsible for the result because I stayed away? Do I f##k!

[quote user="im spartacus"]i bet work would have gone on the back burner were it man u or arsenal we were playing ?[/quote]

You just going to completley ignore the fact that a very large number of season ticket holders didn''t start their season tickets when we were promoted? Don''t suppose that really matters does it, people who watched us get relegated to League One and still watched are definitely glory hunters now because they didn''t want to go to a cup game.

I don''t blame anyone for not attending a cup game, when ever we look like we have a chance, we muck it up. Luton, Villa, Lecister, MK Dons, JPT in League One, just five easy examples from past few years, I can''t remember many worthwhile cup games in the past decade or so, yet I''ve still been to nearly all the home ones. But despite me going to everyone I could get to, I still completley understand people not bothering.

Now then. 45 years ago I had a season ticket in with the hot toddy drinking loutish cushion chucking well to dos in the old main stand. I can honestly say despite some of the Lol Morgan dross I never saw us lose to non league. But the modern namby pamby biscuit chasing City stand season ticket holders aren''t made of such stern stuff. A flask of tea and a blanket where their forefathers had a hip flask and sleeveless shirts tells it''s on story. Today''s season ticket holders have got the team they deserve!

You must remember a lot of season ticket holders are exile and don''t live in Norwich any more. It''s a 6 hour round trip for me.

I was working and although I probably could have got the day off I gave it a miss. After Leicester last season and villa this season it seems like we don''t bother in the cup (I turned up for them)

Also my season ticket is paid for so would rather get Wednesday off work to see the league game than pay out more although granted it was only a tenner.

Glad i missed it. Would have hated that 3 hour trip home after that rubbish. When the team turn up we will. Anyway its not like we only got 10000 in the ground. We sold out !?

I''m a season ticket holder and I foolishly ticked the box for automatic cup tickets, so I went to the game.

I should know by now that we never perform in the cup!

Luton deserved it but what an inept display by us!

That''s it I will never attend another cup game!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now then. 45 years ago I had a season ticket in with the hot toddy drinking loutish cushion chucking well to dos in the old main stand. I can honestly say despite some of the Lol Morgan dross I never saw us lose to non league. But the modern namby pamby biscuit chasing City stand season ticket holders aren''t made of such stern stuff. A flask of tea and a blanket where their forefathers had a hip flask and sleeveless shirts tells it''s on story. Today''s season ticket holders have got the team they deserve!

[/quote]Might that be because we didn''t play a non-League team at home until over 20 years later ? [;)]

I shouldn''t rise to the bait and respond to the OP''s obvious trolling but just like others i didnt go and I am extremely glad I didn''t bother.

Have had a season ticket now for the best part of 25 years. I live in London. Every game is a full day away from home. i have a young family and push my luck enough as it is disappearing off all day for league games on a regular basis so most of the time cup games have to be sacrificed, particularly now it evident that our clubs treats the cups with complete and utter disdain. I drove up in terrible weather conditions for the Villa game and got back home at 2am having witnessed another understrength side and us throw away a genuine chance of a Wembley appearance. i''ve had enough.

I took the view I would give saturday a miss as am doing spurs on wednesday. i also thought it should be a bit of a walkover and probably not much of a spectacle as a game. I was right on one count but sadly not the other! Do i regret not going. not for one moment and until we start taking the cups seriously or we have a particularly attractive tie then i very much doubt i will bother with cup games in the next few seasons. If that makes me a glory hunter then so be it! I will continue to renew my season ticket and get to as many games as i can. I''ve done my time going home and away virtually every week for many years and have nothing to prove to anyone in terms of my status as a "real fan."

I think your sacrifices are very noble Jim. You are quite obviously more of a real fan than someone with the same outlook who lives just around the corner. Well done mate[;)]

But just so as you know I risked a visit from the child cruelty people for taking two of my grandchildren to the game. Probably wouldn''t have got the tickets if you''d made further sacrifices so I''m not sure if I should be thanking you or not.....

I think your sacrifices are very noble Jim. You are quite obviously more of a real fan than someone with the same outlook who lives just around the corner. Well done mate[;)]

But just so as you know I risked a visit from the child cruelty people for taking two of my grandchildren to the game. Probably wouldn''t have got the tickets if you''d made further sacrifices so I''m not sure if I should be thanking you or not.....

[/quote]

Nutty not claiming to be more of a real fan than someone who lives around the corner with the same outlook or indeed the same story. indeed not claiming anyone else isn''t a real fan just that i am comfortable with my "real fan" status!

The OP was querying why season ticket holders didn''t go. i was simply giving one of my reasons which is that I have to negotiate hard enough as it is for my "passes" out for the day for league games without using up one of those valuable passes on a cup tie that should be a formality. That said i would say that if I lived in Norwich it would undoubtedly be easier for me to get to more games because I would only need to be gone for 4-5 hours to go to a game and not 11-12 hours!

Jim, the day I have to justify my support on threads like this will probably be the day my kids book me a oneway ticket to Switzerland.

Jim, the day I have to justify my support on threads like this will probably be the day my kids book me a oneway ticket to Switzerland.

[/quote]

Sounds like the words of a part timer to me