Sign in to follow this  
Helsinki canary

Norwich V Binmen local derby?

When will this happen in the league again? We could keep missing each other for years to come......

Season 2005-6 Binners in Prem - City in Fizz

Season 2006-7 City in Prem - Binners in Fizz

Will this cycle continue to eternity?

I think it would be a good idea to play the binners at Carrow Road a bit more often. It might teach our fans how to behave themselves a bit better.

The days of terraces and drunken men singing their hearts out are long gone so why can''t our lot sit quietly like the binner''s fans do. Bar the odd rustle of a Wurther''s original wrapper you can enjoy a game in relative peace and quiet at poorman rd.

I know as I had the misfortune to attend a game there a few months back as part of some corporate hospitality thing. We were seated in one of their hospitality boxes which was fine until the wind began to whistle through the gaps in the corrugated iron. I''m not too sure if the bale of straw I was sat on was completely dry either. Perhaps the bucket in the corner had been kicked over before we got there. it was certainly full up by half time.

But worse was to come when at half time refreshments were brought round.  I''m not too partial to pickled eggs at the best of times but served up with cheese and onion sandwiches it rather killed off any appetite I might have had. The situation wasn''t helped by having a horde of gap toothed suffolk simpletons standing on their seats and grinning inanely through the perspex at us all through the break. Still, Lord Sheepie did put his head round the door and apologise for there not being any of those "try thingies scored yet"

So City fans, lets learn from the binners and have a little bit more hush

There are four possibilities for next season :-

(1) Both in Premier, (2) Both in Fizzy, (3) City in Prem and Ipswich in Fizzy, (4) City in Fizzy and Ipswich in Prem.

So there is a fifty fifty chance of playing each other next campaign.

Fingers crossed (4) don''t come true. ... Er  by the way how much it cost to emigrate nowadays ? 

[quote]a bit too much optimism dumble delia![/quote]

I don''t think it''s too much optimism at all AJ.  The scum will get promoted, there is no doubt in my mind about that (unfortunately).  As for us, we are only two points off safety.  2!  Palace have a game in hand but that is away at Arsenal.  We still have to play Palace and Saints.  Sneak a win there and it''s wide open.  I think there is every chance we will stay up