Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Hooper vs RVW

I''m not interested in talking about Saturday however horrible it was, although I would like to add that the atmosphere in the ''Cathedral Lounge'' is dire.Simple really, who would you rather have?  It seems that RVW may be more realistic, Sporting in financial problems, a smaller wage, easy access back home from Norwich, whereas Hooper is key to Celtic''s progression in the CL and they have no need to sell.Personally I would rather Hooper came, a young English player who is, despite what many of you seem to think, a quality striker.  Anyone who has watched his progression over the last few years, in both the SPL and CL would realise that despite the teams he is faced with he is a goalscorer plain and simple.  If anyone had watched him at Scunthorpe too you''d know that he would be a great asset for us.RVW seems to have universal backing for some reason, possibly because he doesn''t play in Scotland?  He doesn''t have the goalscoring prowess of Hooper and is playing in a league where aside from Porto, Benfica, Sporting, and maybe Braga there isn''t much to shout about.  I''m not really sure why people are so keen on him.So Hooper or RVW?Hopefully we sign one of them, because the prospect of Jamie Mackie turning up on the 31st will give the doom-mongers all the ammunition they need.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]RVW all the way, a dutch international and he is young as well.[/quote]He''s only a year younger than Hooper and he''s a token international player.  One cap 3 years ago is hardly ''a Dutch international''.

I know very little about Hooper, and even less about this Winkle fella. But if we got Mackie i would definitely not be unhappy. Mackie is QPR''s unsung hero. Eveytime QPR get a new manager he gets dropped, within 2-3 weeks hes the main man again. He doesn''t score hatfuls of goals, but makes up for that in everything else he does. I wouldn''t play him as a lone striker thats for sure, but have definitely seen worse names mentioned on this board over the last few weeks/months! If we got him for £2-3 million, supposedly leaving £7-8 million for Hooper/Winkle/Graham, that would be good enough for me!

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Hooper scores in a league where there are no decent teams either, at least Portugal have 3-4 different decent teams[/quote]I don''t think anyone is arguing against that.

Bit difficult comparing a film to a short story. But here goes: Hooper was an alright movie, although the stunt man theme was done better in the Fall Guy. Rip Van Winkle is a great piece of prose and I must admit the idea of having gone to sleep and missed the last 6 weeks or so is particularly attractive at the moment.

there really is no comparison - RVW everytime.

If we can get hooper fine - if RVW can sign for hoopers price +£2m its the latter.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Hooper scores in a league where there are no decent teams either, at least Portugal have 3-4 different decent teams[/quote]With six goals this season Wolfie is not even in the top ten in Portugal.This October

I saw him in the flesh playing against Hungarian side Videoton in the EL. Wolfswinkel was

subbed in in the 30th, and by that time the Sporting were already

trailing by 3. Although they had the luxury of spending the entire

rest of the game in Videoton''s half, who sat back and

defended the result (where is that gameplan familiar from?) Sporting

gave them about as much to worry about, as we did to Luton. and I can''t remember

Wolfie doing anything worthy of note. In the EL Sporting finished last in their group (of Genk, Basel and Videoton). Celtic''s progress in the CL is far more inpressive and Hooper seems to be more consistant. From the two it''s Hooper for me.

Hooper - shopping in Debenhams. RVW - shopping in Harrods.

Hooper not fussed about coming to Norwich - looking for a "big team"

RVW.- wants a shop window in the EPL.

Main problem with RVW is it blows all our transfer budget.

[quote user="Felixfan"]

Hooper - shopping in Debenhams. RVW - shopping in Harrods.

[/quote]Perhaps, but as Budapest Canary pointed out above, perhaps it''s better buying the best Debenhams has to offer rather than something ineffective (recent scoring record) at Harrods

[quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Hooper scores in a league where there are no decent teams either, at least Portugal have 3-4 different decent teams[/quote]With six goals this season Wolfie is not even in the top ten in Portugal.This October

I saw him in the flesh playing against Hungarian side Videoton in the EL. Wolfswinkel was

subbed in in the 30th, and by that time the Sporting were already

trailing by 3. Although they had the luxury of spending the entire

rest of the game in Videoton''s half, who sat back and

defended the result (where is that gameplan familiar from?) Sporting

gave them about as much to worry about, as we did to Luton. and I can''t remember

Wolfie doing anything worthy of note. In the EL Sporting finished last in their group (of Genk, Basel and Videoton). Celtic''s progress in the CL is far more inpressive and Hooper seems to be more consistant. From the two it''s Hooper for me.[/quote]just so we are clear on this - Wolfswinkel was brought ON after 30 mins and not replaced - in normal parlance "subbed" refers to being taken off .  The report also makes clear that Sporting played a second string like we did against Luton.  Think Holt on against Luton and Wolfswinkel against Videoton and you get the picturehttp://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2013/matches/round=2000356/match=2009928/postmatch/report/index.html

For me hooper is a tidy player, is a step up from our current group. He may be one step up but I would not think he is a coup to make better players move to cr.

However rvw is a player who is a step above hooper, I think he will improve over the next two years, hooper may be not. I also think with rvw we are a better proposition for good European players.

Short and long term I am in favour of rvw