Sign in to follow this  
Scrimmage

Who would you have had instead of Hughton?

As the title says, who did you wan''t after Lambert walked?

Hughton was always my first choice (unless Culverhouse stayed, but that was always going to be unlikely). I firmly believe that Hughton is the right man to add stability to NCFC in the Premier League (look what he did with a newly-promoted Newcastle team.)

Lambert''s gung-ho tactics could only have lasted for so long and I think we would have been found out after a couple more seasons at the most had Lambert stayed. Hughton DID improve our defence with the signings of Turner, Whittaker, Garrido and Bassong and we are always going to stuggle without them (as we have done). Most of our backups are not Premier League standard, and we knew that from last season - our squad was, and still is to an extent, a pick and mix of Football League players.

And what does it all come down to? Money. We don''t have the luxury of replacing our reserves all in one go. It''s not ''negative tactics'', it''s going with what we''ve got.

Would any of you have been happy with Steve Bruce?

Karl Robinson was my choice, but we have to get behind Hughton and the lads now!!!  Onwards and hopefully upwards!!

Admittedly l was happy with Hughton, but my choice would have been Gus Poyet.

Still I support our manager, but l do believe l have the right to question when things are not going well.

Snake

Guardiola!

Seriously though I thought Hughton was a good choice at the time, however, that does not mean we as fans cannot scrutinize and, if necessary, criticize him.

What worries me most of all is when we concede first, we never look like we are going to win the game.

Gus Poyet would be my pick,if I had to chose, but I''m still 100% behind Hughton and I''m convinced he will bring us out of this slump and back to winning ways.

Another vote for Poyet. I had serious doubts about Hughton, I was annoyed that we paid so much to release him from Birmingham and I think it has backfired as I thought. I think with a couple more signings we should be ok - he isn''t great but he isn''t absolutely terrible either.

Laurent Blanc might have been worth a try. He achieved a 60% win ratio at Bordeaux and won Manager of the year. Acquited himself well with a notoriously tricky French national side.Another who obviously lacked the prerequisite experience was Mark Robins. who''s done well in tight situations at Rotherham, Barnsley and now Coventry. Maybe a candidate if we get relegated and Hughton departs.

Poyet would have been my choice but its tight between him and DeCanio. I think DeCanio would have livened things up both on and off the pitch. Never a dull moment with DC; told Chris Martin his body language was wrong, told him he was overweight, paid for pizzas for those fans that helped to clear snow away, told the players thaat if they lost last week they would be on the snowy training ground at 5am the following day. Wonder what he would have made of our display yesterday.

[quote user="bloomers"]Di Matteo,no question[/quote]

[Y].........failing him, the Ex Southampton manager or Holloway..............maybe McCathey....to pee ''them'' off.

[quote user="bloomers"]Di Matteo,no question[/quote]Yes.  Because he would have left Chelsea in the summer after winning the European Cup with them.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Poyet would have been my choice but its tight between him and DeCanio. I think DeCanio would have livened things up both on and off the pitch. Never a dull moment with DC; told Chris Martin his body language was wrong, told him he was overweight, paid for pizzas for those fans that helped to clear snow away, told the players thaat if they lost last week they would be on the snowy training ground at 5am the following day. Wonder what he would have made of our display yesterday.[/quote]

Would have livened things up alright ......but not in a good way, he''s crackers and a self confessed Fascist, not really the sort of person I''d like to manage the team, Poyet on the other hand is a good shout.

I''m happy for Hughton to stay, he is building a team and then a squad which I think will become a regular feature in this division.

More to the point, who would want to come here with our prudent board who will not spend.

Methinks we are budgeting for relegation and will not spend this week