Sign in to follow this  
The Canary King

Worst Game Ever!!!!

This is the worst day in norwich''s history.I nearly cried when I saw the ball hit the back of the net.Being at the game watching us get beat by a non-league team was the worst experience of my whole life.I can''t bear to watch us getting beat like that ever again!!

[quote user="The Canary King"]This is the worst day in norwich''s history.I nearly cried when I saw the ball hit the back of the net.Being at the game watching us get beat by a non-league team was the worst experience of my whole life.I can''t bear to watch us getting beat like that ever again!![/quote]

I don''t like to play the "Old Soldier" here, Canary. But, believe me, there have been far worse days. Days when there seemed no hope at all. Not days when we are in the top flight but when we had Hamilton/Grant/Deehan/Williams in charge. Without a pot to p*** in. This season is about finding 14 more points . Nothing more or less. Whether we do or not is open to conjecture.

Pompey won the FA cup a few years back. Now they have had a dark day today. Chin Up my friend....

[quote user="The Canary King"]This is the worst day in norwich''s history.I nearly cried when I saw the ball hit the back of the net.Being at the game watching us get beat by a non-league team was the worst experience of my whole life.I can''t bear to watch us getting beat like that ever again!![/quote]

If this is the worst experience of your life, you either havent lived or had a very charmed life indeed.

Am I right in thinking the Last time we played a non league team at home in the fa cup was Sutton which we won 8 nil

We lost today to a team 4 leagues below us, and they looked like the premier league team, no wonder the tickets were £10, I was embarrassed today more than at any other time of my 29 years of supporting the club

We also put out a team comprised mainly of players who have no chance if getting 1st team football. Only 3 1st team players were involved today (Martin, Holty, Wes)....looks like the manager wanted us out of the cup (cue sinister laugh)

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I''ve had worse experiences this week.

Man up.[/quote]i thought this thread was about Norwich city fc, not life in general

Norwich 0 0 Sheffield united, march 1996 remains the worst game ever....

The only match I have ever seen where both teams failed to have a single shot on target.

I had a worse 5hit this morning... lol...but seriously this was not the worst game ever... the last few have been pretty dire so no major surprise the same old dross was churned out. I expected a bit more against Luton but there you go... 5hit happens and its making for a lively Pinkun!

[quote user="The Canary King"]This is the worst day in norwich''s history.I nearly cried when I saw the ball hit the back of the net.Being at the game watching us get beat by a non-league team was the worst experience of my whole life.I can''t bear to watch us getting beat like that ever again!![/quote]Worse than Norwich 1 - 7 Colchester in League One?The outlook seemed very bleak then with no obvious way forward other than rapidly joining Luton!

[quote user="Gazza"]Am I right in thinking the Last time we played a non league team at home in the fa cup was Sutton which we won 8 nil

We lost today to a team 4 leagues below us, and they looked like the premier league team, no wonder the tickets were £10, I was embarrassed today more than at any other time of my 29 years of supporting the club[/quote]

Sutton are many leagues below Luton and only part time though

[quote user="TheJarrold"]We also put out a team comprised mainly of players who have no chance if getting 1st team football. Only 3 1st team players were involved today (Martin, Holty, Wes)....looks like the manager wanted us out of the cup (cue sinister laugh)[/quote]
Pilki- ah f*ck it.

The greatness of the FA Cup is the potential for giant-killing. The romance of this competition is built on it and we have enjoyed being the killer in the past - 1959 SF run, 1967 win at Old Trafford in the season United became champions. For there to be the victorious underdog there has to be the giant and we were that today. Unfortunate? yes but not the end of the world as we were never going to win the cup anyway and going out now is better than a no show in a SF as happened against Sunderland in the early 90s.

[quote user="The Canary King"]This is the worst day in norwich''s history.I nearly cried when I saw the ball hit the back of the net.Being at the game watching us get beat by a non-league team was the worst experience of my whole life.I can''t bear to watch us getting beat like that ever again!![/quote]I take it your whole life hasn''t been many years as yet.As you get older, believe me, you''ll realise that some things are a lot, lot worse.

yes ,there''s no dressing it up losng to a 5th division team isn''t good, but I don''t buy into all of this "Luton deserved to win it" rubbish.

Yes,they came with a gameplan to nulify us, but never to actually win it, the fact that they did was a bonus on their part.

If you took the game in isolation as a ''one-off'' match, it was a smash and grab from Luton, regardless of how poor we were, as unprofessional and unmotivated, we still had enough play and chances to still win.

Not forgetting of course a ball that crossed the line and a blatant penalty for handball, but let''s not let the laws of football get in the way of a good FA Cup story eh, referee/linesman ?!?

.....1-7 vs Colchester remains a low tide mark for me which I hope I never see the like again.

["Gazza"]Am I right in thinking the Last time we played a non league team at home in the fa cup was Sutton which we won 8 nil We lost today to a team 4 leagues below us, and they looked like the premier league team, no wonder the tickets were £10, I was embarrassed today more than at any other time of my 29 years of supporting the club.

Kingsway

No we beat then Conference side Dagenham and Redbridge 1-0 at home in the 3rd round of the FA cup in 2003!

2nd paragraph I totally agree with!

We paid £10 (£11.50 if you paid by card) and Luton were well worth £10. I guess we only got a quarter of a performance from Norwich, perhaps we should have paid £40!

Come on the game finished 50 hours ago and the bones are still being picked out of it.

Just let it lie move on and look forward to spurs, new signings and premiership survival.

OTBC

Worse than going out to Bradford in the FA Cup?

Worse than going out to Sunderland in the FA Cup Semi Final?

Worse than losing to the Binmen at Portaloo Rd. 0-4 and 0-5?

Worse tha losing to Aston Villa in a League Cup Final?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]You really need to grow up, nobody should cry after a game/goal. Its only a game. Win some, lose some, draw some.[/quote]

You''re an idiot. If someone gets emotional, allow it. I''d rather passionate fans than fans who label themselves a banana, you Muppet.

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="TheJarrold"]We also put out a team comprised mainly of players who have no chance if getting 1st team football. Only 3 1st team players were involved today (Martin, Holty, Wes)....looks like the manager wanted us out of the cup (cue sinister laugh)[/quote]
Pilki- ah f*ck it.
[/quote]

Not forgetting that chap at left back too.

The FA Cup needs revamping bigtime as it appears to be now treated on a par with the League Cup.

What''s the answer? Do we need a break mid season to cater for the fixtures? It really is a shame because as a supporter of City for 50 years the possibility of winning it was always high on my wish list and now it appears as though the club can''t be bothered; the financial rewards of staying in the Premier League obviously take precedence. I was upset too on saturday because it was such a good opportunity to advance but maybe I''m just old school. The victory over Manchester Utd in ''67 still personally rates as our finest 90 minutes in my time of supporting, I certainly don''t recall Man U putting out a reserve team that day!

Money has changed everything so maybe money is what it will take to restore the Cup to it''s world renowned glory. I don''t know how much prize money is on offer to the winners these days but sponsorship is needed to up the amount to make the big boys interested. It used to be just prestige.

Every year I hope we get to Wembley and after 50 years I would move heaven and earth to make sure i got there from NZ or Australia.

What''s your thoughts?