Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

So beyond a striker

it looks like we wont be getting either the defensive midfielder or the partner/replacement for the injured bassong that we need this jan

could we end up with a decent striker but an inability to feed him? or as in 2005 end up conceding too many for the new striker to get us enough points?

Who knows we may have several deals for players we''re working on at the same time for different positions.

I know I suggested playing Wes deeper like deep lying playmaker.

But in reality, our midfield creates squit and if we could get a Biglia type in, to start the moves off.

The defense gets a bit of a breather as we retain possession a little better, and can push up the field more. Both should help create better attacks, with midfielders closer to defenders.

I doubt defensive options were high on the priority list.  We have 2 players for each position, and some can play anywhere accross the back 4.  Martin, Whittaker, Bass, Turner, Bennett, Barnett, Tierney and Garrido.

Midfield is difficult, we''ve got Wes, Snoddy, Pilks, Bennett, Howson, Tettey, BJ, Fox and Surman, all vying for potentially at least 4, usually 5 positions.  I doubt Hughton is looking to strengthen there either.

So that''s 17 players out of the 25 squad, plus Ruddy, Camp and Bunn, I don''t think Rudd or Steer would count as home grown youth players.  So I think we''re left with 5 spaces, 4 of which go to Holt, Moro, Jacko and Kane.

Unless someone is leaving, which seems unlikely at this stage, then we only have one space left which would be for a forward.