Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

Next Four: Spurs, QPR, Fulham & Everton= 6Points

I believe we should be aiming to get 6 points realistically from these next four games. Two wins and that will put us on 32 points heading into the ''easier'' set of fixtures after Man Utd needing 8 more points to achieve the ''magic 40''.

I agree 6 points would be a good haul and if we get that or anything more than that then i think we will be fine. Anything less than 3/4 points and its squeaky bum time!

If we don''t get some fresh faces in then I can''t see us getting any more than 1 or 2 points. We are in a rut at the moment and even the return of grant holt from injury didnt stir us. We need new players. And a fully fit holt, bassong and whittaker. Don''t think we have any of the above.

I''d take 4 points from those 4 fixtures, and I think, realistically, thats about as good as we can hope for.  Everton and Spurs are both very good, and both QPR and Fulham are scrapping.  4 points would be ok. 

I still think around 36/37 points will be enough to stay up.

We need some sort of spark in the next game or 2 to kick start our season.  It''d be a real shame if we couldn''t build on the promise shown in before Xmas.

Unless something drastically changes, QPR is the only game of those 4 I can see us having any chance of winning to be honest. After the way we''ve played the last few games, I don''t see us threatening Spurs at all - Hughton simply can''t motivate the players to perform and we know he''ll stick to the same failed tactics, sadly I wouldn''t be at all surprised to see another 4 or 5 goals go past us on Wednesday night.

Fulham are our bogey team - we''ve got a grand total of two points from games against them in the last 27 years! That one is almost a guaranteed defeat unfortunately. Everton are a very good side this year, if we can get some positive play back in the squad we might get a draw I guess but unless we bring in some more firepower I can''t see us winning against them.

Very negative I know, but I''m just being realistic looking at the situation, and unless we make a QUALITY signing in the next three days, which I just can''t see happening now, I really don''t see where the points are going to come from to keep us up.

Agree with you Andy. 

A lot of posters harp on about being positive, but sometimes the players have to do something to generate a bit of positivity, a spark, and the way we''re playing, I don''t see much happening anytime soon.

BUT, the win against Arsenal came from nowhere.  QPR beat Chelsea out the Blue...  Freak results do happen, and, it would be quite Norwich to lose to Luton, then turn over Spurs.

I''ll expect nothing and be very pleased if we get something...

Agree Andy. If we get somebody in, and set the team up to try to win rather than not lose the match, we might beat Fulham. I think we''ll lose the other three regardless of any new additions.

We''ll beat Fulham as we owe them one from earlier in the season, the fact that they are on a run as poor as ours and finally, they are extremely poor away from home.

I think we will get a point from the other games to keep us ticking over.

4 points. The team is getting back together but we really could do with reinforcements.

Even 4 points from 3 games would probably see us 6 points clear of the bottome 3 with 11 games to go.

It would be nice to get 6 points as this would probably give the team that comfortable gap to the bottom 3.

But with our recent run and the way we set up so negative, inviting pressure, I just don''t see where the next win will come from and if we do end up with no real strengthening of our striker force.

Concerned that we might get well and truely tonked by Spurs and go into the QPR game with added pressure.

All depends on when we get Bassong back. Our defence looks a different proposition with him and it gives the team a much more solid look. My heart says 6 points, my head is struggling to get past 2 points.

Would be great to get 6 points.

Without a new signing and with the mangaers lack of a plan B we will be lucky to get 1, a draw against QPR