Sign in to follow this  
Swollen ankles

Don't expect goals with Wolfy

[quote user="Swollen ankles "]Most of his goals have come from pens and we all know we don''t get them.[/quote]that was in Netherlands...in Portugal he has a good score if you keep in mind the lousy season that the club is having and the fact that the teamgame is practically 0...even so, he is without a doubt, the best scorer of the team.the only thing that i believe is missing is the physical side...he needs to get more larger for the premier league....similar to what happen to Ronaldo when he increase the muscle mass.

At 6ft 1 and looking athletic, I can''t see it being a problem with him adapting to the more physical side of the EPL. Hopefully if he does come, he can do well until the end of the season and then work on his strength prior to the start of next season hopefully in the EPL again!!

[quote user="Michael Bates"]At 6ft 1 and looking athletic, I can''t see it being a problem with him adapting to the more physical side of the EPL. Hopefully if he does come, he can do well until the end of the season and then work on his strength prior to the start of next season hopefully in the EPL again!![/quote]That''s the best aproach.probably you dont know but Ronaldo was very skinny after leaving Sporting to Manchester...Even in terms of physical clash, he was always on the ground. in the next season he gain more muscle and power...his game shifted completely (to better).If you can pay only 5 million, I believe it''s going to be a bargain. trust me. but again, don''t know the issue of ownership possession.

Look at the some of his goals, you will notice that the finishes are of the highest caliber, he will score goals and add to the team game. 0.5 goal ratio for a struggling team in a decent European league is very good. Plus he is perfect age as he will only improve and improve even further playing against better opposition week in week out.

If we pull this off it will be a massive coup and i will be wetting myself.

http://www.zerozero.pt/jogador.php?grp=1&edicao_id=0&epoca_id=141&eve=&id=70280&op=zoomstats&tpstats=clubhttp://www.zerozero.pt/jogador.php?grp=1&edicao_id=0&epoca_id=142&eve=&id=70280&op=zoomstats&tpstats=clubthese are the full statistic for both seasons.

[quote user="Polen"]if you keep in mind the lousy season that the club is having[/quote]Not a word you would expect a foreign gentleman to be familiar with! [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Polen"]if you keep in mind the lousy season that the club is having[/quote]Not a word you would expect a foreign gentleman to be familiar with! [^o)][/quote]I know I''m not a native in English language but in this case it what best describes our season :( (not bad, not beyond expectations...lousy is what best describes the situation...)

Hi, Polen. I share some of your skepticism about Wolfie, especially at the reported 10m. He has quality, but seems to rely a bit too much on service. By comparison, in this window Arsenal would not go beyond 12.5m for a very athletic, skilled, 6 feet 4 Bundesliga topscorer striker, whom I can  see to make an instant impact more easily. I don''t say Wolfie can''t came good, but I feel an element of risk at the reported price.

FCS I cannot believe that some of you are being critical of this guys pedigree before he even gets here!

With the likes of Newcastle and Spurs sniffing around he ain''t that bad obviously, and I would rather trust the judgement of our scouting team who have been watching him.

Everyone at our club has been screaming out for a new forward, so lets get him in and see what he can do before knocking him!

Lappinitup, Polen has provided a lot of evidence on the Wolfie thread that he is genuine.

''Lousy'' is exactly the sort of English word I would expect a well-educated English-speaking native Portuguese to come up with. Most Portuguese students of English learn the US variant of our language, not the British type, and ''lousy'' is exactly the sort of word he is likely to have picked up (no pun intended).

In fact it''s the other way around.

We learn the British english in school. The issue is that unlike the spanish, italian or germans, all the movies, series, tv shows have subtitles.

Due to this, we ear a lot of american english...so now imagine the mix we do. :P

Basically, we join everything together, which i believe can be horrible for you guys, but it''s without any intention.

And this is why it is not uncommon to find, say, bus conductors in Stockholm who speak fluent English with a definite American twang! (And such a shame that so much is dubbed on TV here in the UK now).

Hope to hear Wolfie''s twang soon ...

[quote user="City 2nd"]FCS I cannot believe that some of you are being critical of this guys pedigree before he even gets here!

With the likes of Newcastle and Spurs sniffing around he ain''t that bad obviously, and I would rather trust the judgement of our scouting team who have been watching him.

Everyone at our club has been screaming out for a new forward, so lets get him in and see what he can do before knocking him![/quote]There''s nothing wrong with his pedigree, it''s rather his stats and the pricetag. Statistically, the equivalent of Hooper (whose personal records were often belittled alongside with Celtic on this forum) in the Portuguese Superliga would be Jackson Martinez of Porto (24/17 season total, 14/12 league, 6/3 CL goals, 16 in CL, Columbia international). Btw. in CL Celtic edged out Benfica, who are 8 places and some 20 points above Sporting in the Superliga this season. So, to sum it up, on basis of pedigree, I might pickWolfie, but on basis of stats, it would have to be Hooper. However, if we''ll sign Wolfie, and delivers the goods, I''ll be happy to save the extra pounds to have his name printed on the back of my shirt.

Budapest Canary you mentioning Jackson Martinez leaves me to ask the question.

...Have you seen this amazing goal by him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spfiKPwiMFA

[quote user="Renskay"]Budapest Canary you mentioning Jackson Martinez leaves me to ask the question.

...Have you seen this amazing goal by him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spfiKPwiMFA[/quote]I''ve read about it, but I could not find a working link. Thanks a lot! 

[quote user="Polen"][quote user="Swollen ankles "]Most of his goals have come from pens and we all know we don''t get them.[/quote]that was in Netherlands...in Portugal he has a good score if you keep in mind the lousy season that the club is having and the fact that the teamgame is practically 0...even so, he is without a doubt, the best scorer of the team.the only thing that i believe is missing is the physical side...he needs to get more larger for the premier league....similar to what happen to Ronaldo when he increase the muscle mass.[/quote]what, like Crouchy you mean?

Lol..he isn''t like Crouch at all...

Crouch is a typical Striker with roots inside the penalty area.

RvW is more like Suarez (im not comparing the quality) in playing outside and inside the area.

When I mean physical mass, is similar to what happen to Ronaldo in the beginning of United.

PL football is much more physical, more contact, and to play upfront you need to have a good build.

Is not tiny :p but I believe you understand what I want to say. Specially in winter season, with the pitch full of rain. low temps. sometimes snow. sometimes muddy...

we dont have that kind of weather in Portugal

Hell of a gamble at the prices being quoted and was''nt too impressed with him the few times I watched him last season, but, hey, new club, new league - who knows.Man City paid £22m for Baliotelli and look how that turned out.