Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Twitter talk about Holt leaving!

The way things are going, it wouldn''t surprise me if we end up selling Jackson, Morison AND Holt to help finance a big signing or two which don''t go through in time.

Meaning we find ourselves with one striker: Harry.

[quote user="Wiz"]Christ there''s some dim posters on here.[:(][/quote]
No kidding, this thread is a bit of an embarrassment really.

I''m sure if you asked Holt whether he would like to play for Barcelona, or Man Utd he would say exactly the same. It doesn''t mean a deal is in the offing or that Holt necessarily wants to leave.

To say that he''s a ''shadow of himself'' seems to me to be slightly OTT. He is probably a little frustrated because he just isn''t getting much in the way of service and to score in this league you need service. It may even be that he preferred playing under Lambert because of the style and is a little down that he is slogging his guts out every week for little reward. But again, that doesn''t mean that he isn''t trying as hard or that he wants to leave.

Give the big man a break, I''ll be very surprised if he isn''t leading the line v QPR on Saturday and he''s a Club legend.

I aint gonna argue about it. I didn''t say he was gonna go anywhere I was just relaying what I read because I thought it to be relevant.

Also the guy is nearly 32. Whilst I respect what he''s done for the club he''s had alot of chances to score and he''s missed quite a lot. Dropping him used to be a quick fix as he would start to get his desire back but that doesn''t seemed to have worked. I do really like the guy but I find it a bit frustrating that he''s probably our top earner and it''s just not really working at the moment. Surely, him being a club legend isnt a reason to hang on to a player who is probably past his best...