Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Twitter talk about Holt leaving!

A guy called Jamie Jackson (Guardian/Observer journo) is tweeting a lot about Holt leaving.....

1. Grant Holt may quit Norwich City if Chris Hughton can find replacement

2. interested in Hooper and Van Wolfswinkel - if get one Holt been told he can leave

3. Grant Holt could leave if club gets chosen replacement, I understand

I wouldn''t really mind as long as a couple of strikers are signed. I feel he''s been taking the mick a bit lately, obviously there was the transfer request, but more recently there''s been some things on twitter he''s been doing that have confused me, tweeting a couple of Celtic things, saying he''d love to play for them, not sure why he''d even entertain a tweet like that considering he''s just signed a big fat contract here. I don''t know, perhaps I''m being a bit sensitive but something about Holt seems to have worn off with me :(

More here - well he''s really just stringing his tweets together!http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/28/grant-holt-quit-norwich-city

Sadly Holt is not exactly setting the premier on fire is he.

IF we can get in at least two strikers, and that''s a massive IF, i''d sell him. I don''t think he''s been happy in a long time now, and that''s reflected in the goals he''s scored.

I reckon that Holt lost a lot of his ''love'' for us when he got a shed load of abuse in the Summer, that and he''s never made a secret of wanting to move back up North.

Cash in if we''ve got the replacements I say.

Apparently Holt is "out-of-favour"

Considering Holt has started every league game he''s been fit for recently, I think we can write this journalist off as un-knowledgeable!

we do need to strengthen our options

and you have all assumed that will be this jan, its more likely he will leave in the summer, when the three year deal could work in our favour for a transfer fee. if we sign RVW and another striker in June then it makes sense to let grant go if he wants to or if there is a good option...

The problem we''ve got is that the only service Holt receives is from himself.

Not setting the Premier League alight? Oh now I wonder why that is. Give me strength!

Agree with Bethnal about The Guardian. Interesting that they claim his family have moved back up north, don''t know if there''s any truth in that:

Jamie Jackson

guardian.co.uk, Monday 28 January 2013 21.56 GMT

Norwich City''s Grant Holt may be allowed to leave Carrow Road if the club can find a striker to fill his boots.

Grant Holt could be allowed to leave Norwich City if Chris Hughton, the manager, can sign either Celtic''s Gary Hooper or Ricky van Wolfswinkel of Sporting Lisbon.

Last spring the striker had a transfer request turned down despite suggestions that bids of around £5m had been made for him. Instead Holt signed a new three-year deal in July.

Sunderland and Celtic are both thought to retain an interest in Holt, who scored 17 goals in 38 appearances for Norwich last season. Aston Villa, who are looking to sell Darren Bent and who are led by Holt''s former manager Paul Lambert, are another potential option.

The 31-year-old has not been suited to Hughton''s favoured 4-5-1 formation and, with his family having now moved back to Cumbria, he may be open to a transfer.

Hughton confirmed his interest in Van Wolfswinkel in his programme notes for Saturday''s 1-0 FA Cup defeat by Luton Town. "Yes, I have seen those reports on him and there is an interest from ourselves, but how far that interest has gone from us I don''t know. But certainly there is an interest," he wrote.

''Interesting that they claim his family have moved back up north, don''t know if there''s any truth in that: ''

This was the bit that didn''t ring true. Although Holt has always said that he would move north when his contract ended here, and has talked about ending his career at Carlisle, there is no evidence that his family has already gone. I follow him on twitter, and he is still talking about taking his girls out to Pizza Hut, having a coffee with his missus while they are at school and doing the school run. Not earth shattering stuff, but comfortably domestic, and suggesting strongly that they are still in Norfolk.

Whilst he''s been here, we''ve purchased Steve Morison, James Vaughan, Simeon Jackson and Harry Kane, Sam Vokes and Dani Pacheco on loan. Pretty sure he didn''t get in a strop and quit when any of them signed.

Very strange story this and i for one don;t believe it because firstly Holt is not "out of favour" and secondly his twitter feed makes it very clear his family are not up north and are still very much in Norfolk unless he is consistently taking other people''s children to school in the mornings. On balance I think it would be a big mistake to sell our captain and main striker in january without even knowing if any replacements we get in are going to be up to the job.

That said my reaction to this story is not the kind of shock and horror it would have been a year ago or even last summer. Holt''s body language has not been great this season, I can;t really remember the last brilliant game he had for us and he just seems to be giving off a bit of a vibe that his heart is not as in it as it once was. I think something died between Holt and the fans/club during his contract wrangle in the summer and it has never quite been the same since. I am not that sure he was that thrilled to be signing his new contract rather than make a big money move. If he does not go in January then i would not be surprised if he does in the summer, especially if we get Hooper and/or RVW in and they start finding the net.

"....Hooper and/or RVW ..."

Jim, I''m quite an optimistic fella myself but I can''t see us getting both at the same time. Not in a million years, never mind a couple of days.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]"....Hooper and/or RVW ..."

Jim, I''m quite an optimistic fella myself but I can''t see us getting both at the same time. Not in a million years, never mind a couple of days.[/quote]

Nor can i to be honest. One will be an achievement.

i really cannot see him leaving in the next couple of days - however in the summer is more likely.     A good end of the season may encourage him to stay or imporve his sell on value :-)

Wouldnt mind holt leaving IF we got hooper/the wolf AND another striker - someone in the mold of mackie.

Holt is a shadow of his former self and he''s only going to get worse with age. We should have accepted 6 million or whatever it was from West Ham in the summer

This is nothing more than idle speculation. It is simply untrue that Holt''s family have gone. His kids are at school here, why would they move whilst he is still an NCFC player unless they can use their crystal ball to determine where he''s moving next. He''s just signed a 3 year deal!

Why on earth would we want to let Holt go before Morison and Jackson? Unless there was a big offer in the pipeline it all seems very illogical.

I guess that''s what you get at this time of year. I''ll be glad come Thursday night and we can maybe talk about football again!

A Celtic fan asked him if he would ever play for Celtic, at the time a part-ex was been rumouredHis reply was something along the lines of ''Celtic is a massive club, course I would''Seemed abit of a odd tweet, could tie in with the ''up north'' theory

Also someone asked him if he would ever consider playing for rangers or celtic and he replied: ''I couldnt possibly comment''