Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal II

When will we get a Penalty?

Its been nearly 12 months now since our last penalty in the league so surely we are due one? Why is it we never seem to get the soft decisions that other teams get perhaps its the little old Norwich thing again?

Yeah, its probably because Chris Hughton doesn''t get angry and insult the officials in post match interviews...

Seems to be the best way to get the ref on your side.

Well we don''t play small pacey players in and around the box for a start. That helps get a few with sharp turns resulting in a clumsy challenge from opposition. Just look at Chelsea for example (I know they''re a different class to us but...) Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Mata, Torres, Ramires etc... Of all of our players Hoolahan and Snodgrass seem the only likely players who take on a defender in the box.

I personally think it could be to do with our lack of what i like to call tactical falling. Every other team in the division''s players seem to go down when breathed upon in the box so why not follow suit?

you do realise we have to be IN THE PENALTY AREA to get a penalty??

I prefer tactical falling sounds a lot better i think. I''d rather give someone credit for their ability to fall tactically and win a foul rather than call it something so cynical as diving.

Anyone who has watch Holt for the past few years knows that he isnt going to get anything, his card has been marked for ages and Snoddy is fast catching up.

I feel that if anything we have missed out on a couple of shouts BECAUSE it is Holt going down.

I was talking to a mate who Ref''s at county level and he says that Holt gets a raw deal...if anything defenders can go in a little harder coz they know the ref wont give Holty anything.

Was it last year Holt was one of the mosted fouled players ? if so does anyone know the stats this year ?

As for the other players, we need to have a few running into the box with the ball at their feet but too many times we are crowded out.

The last few weeks we''ve barely had the ball in the oppositions final third, never mind the penalty box. As mentioned above, we don''t play the sort of game that brings lots of penalties. We don''t get the ball down and try to take players on or make small passes inside the box enough.

The problem with Holt''s ''tactical falling'', is the fact that more often than not, A) He is not going to get the decision, and B) he could probably do a lot more damage if he kept on his feet! 

[quote user="Aggy"]The last few weeks we''ve barely had the ball in the oppositions final third, never mind the penalty box. As mentioned above, we don''t play the sort of game that brings lots of penalties. We don''t get the ball down and try to take players on or make small passes inside the box enough.[/quote]Look no further for a reason, the above says it all. We never put defenders under any real pressure, we don''t make them turn in the box & subsequently they don''t have to make a tackle. Start committing defenders & we''ll start get penalties.