Sign in to follow this  
Phillip J Fry

Curtis Davies.

We are hearing Birmingham have rejected an enquiry from Norwich for defenderCurtis Davies. We will have more on this soon.
Just flicked up on sky''s transfer clockwatch. 
Interesting.

How can they reject an enquiry? bit weird. but, excellent business if we pull it off, bound to be cheap aswell

Haha so basically we''ve bid x amount and they''ve rejected. I just dont see how they can reject an equiry (like the OP says) when they are looking to sell...mind blown.

we must have enquired if they will accept sod all then as they are desperate to sell players this window.

Would be very happy with this signing, bring him in and ship out Barnett, then we can look to replace Bennett in the summer, unless we need the money now to fund this deal.

I don''t expect Barnett will command a transfer fee, he only has 6 months left on his contract i believe.

Would be very happy with this, would steady defense if Bassong out, and with him it would be excellent!

[quote user="Nick"]Haha so basically we''ve bid x amount and they''ve rejected. I just dont see how they can reject an equiry (like the OP says) when they are looking to sell...mind blown.[/quote]

You can reject an enquiry on Football Manager so it must be true ;-)

Judderman, thats all very well but who''s to say Barnett would want to do that move? He has supposedly got 6months left on premiership wages... He can then fish a lovely sign on fee and bigger wages due to being a free agent in the summer. Money talks i''m afraid!

Hallelulja is all i can say if this is true.

This really should not be a difficult deal to do and if we do want him - as we should - why has it taken this long?

Negative way of looking at this news:

So basically, we are fast getting a reputation for crap bids... even virtually bankrupt sides like Lisbon and Birmingham find our bids ''too low''. No wonder a club like Celtic, I know they play in SPL but now debt + champions league income found our bids insulting.

Positive Way:

I have full confidence that McNally and Hughton will bring a couple in.

McNally thought he''ll wait till the end of the transfer window as he was fed up with the false claims we don''t sign anyone on transfer day and thought Hooper, The Wolf, and Davies would appease most supporters at 10.59.

Positive way of looking at this news:

"I''m glad we''re not throwing money around like QPR."

Negative way:

"Please Mr. McN. Go that extra mile for once you tight so and so."

[quote user="Baracouda"] McNally thought he''ll wait till the end of the transfer window as he was fed up with the false claims we don''t sign anyone on transfer day and thought Hooper, The Wolf, and Davies would appease most supporters at 10.59.[/quote]

Would be superb business! P.s. Add Diame from West Ham too!