Sign in to follow this  
BedsCanary

Has the transfer window relegated us?

Don''t shoot me down, that''s IF we get relegated.

The transfer window is in place to "protect" smaller clubs. Funny really, but we go 90% of the season unable to bolster our strikeforce and defence or even bring in players to cover injury because of the same window. On top of that, the 30 days it is open, prices sky rocket beyond our reach and because everyones in the market at the same time, smaller clubs don''t get a look in.

What exactly is the purpose of it again??

I think it has TBH and the smaller clubs do suffer especially teams like ourselfs with small squads , when we get injurys we are stuffed and when the window opens panic buys come to mind.

Fully agree with these comments - it has certainly helped to make our situation much worse than for those clubs with big squads - I am strongly of the opinion that the 3 teams coming up each season should have free rights to loan players for the 1st season - as clearly it seems that all the 3 that came up and going down - if it is so predictable at the start of the season then it means the system is not fair and does not work.

I thought its purpose was to supposdly protect the players and give them more power.  It''s a slightly spurious argument though to say that the window has relegated us.  Yes we haven''t been able to strenghthen, but neither have the teams around us.  If Saints and West Brom had splashed the cash throughout the season we could be in a much poorer position.

Citing the window is a poor excuse. We had all summer to get another striker for example. The fact is that for the majority of the season we''ve been playing the same players we had last season.

It was poor buys in the summer that has led to us being in this position, plus hanging on to a number of players that are well below Premiership standard. We can only hope that, if we do manage to get back up again, the manager and the Board realise that we''ll need to spend sufficiently and wisely.   

Lack of quality players and a coachiong staff who did not recognise how poor the defence is will be what relegates us (if it happens) - not the transfer window - all clubs play with the same knowledge of it and if we ddnt plan or buy accrdingly thats a club failing too.

OTBC